Saying HI!

Options
LosingLadi
LosingLadi Posts: 42 Member
Wanted to take a second to introduce myself .. my name is Stacye, I'm 43 years old, I live in Tennessee and I too would like to lose (at least) 100 lbs this year! My plan is counting calories, exercise, and lots and lots of water!

Like most, this journey is not a new one to me. In August of 2006 I started the same plan I'm doing now and in 9 months, I shed 120 lbs. I stopped counting calories and soon the exercised stopped as well and I gained 20 lbs over a couple of years .. and unfortunately I've gained another 40 lbs since March of 2009 making a total of 60 lbs. And honestly, I'm just pissed about it! LoL So, it's on like donkey kong!!

k, enough of that for now .. just wanted to say HEY - I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Replies

• sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Hi LosinLadi and everyone else!

I've been using MFP off and on for a couple months but not real serious. I've started C25k twice already but had timing set backs and want to get going again although I'm not really up to running outside in winter right now. Hubby and I've joined Snap Fitness last week and I hope I can get going on the C25K there. I've never run on a treadmill so this will be a new experience.

My ultimate goal would be to lose 100lbs and this is as good a time as any to get going.

I started working out today and finally got a starting weigh in. Only 20 min on the treadmill and on the stationary bike but its a start. Hubby didnt have time to go with me and I had to squeeze in the workout while he was running errands.

I hope this group takes off, I'd like to see people helping each other and motivating each other to lose the weight. I wanted to join a Biggest Loser group but they are all following the show and are closed to new members joining their challenges so.. Why dont we just start some here?!? :)
  • slanders72
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    Just wanted to say hi. I too would love to loose 100 pounds. I have crept up to weighing more and more every year since I was married. It's been 15 happy years of marriage and my husband loves me anyway but he totally understands that I need to do a lifestyle change to achieve my goal.

I am counting calories, exercising as much as I can with this pain in my left hip and downing the water.

Good luck ladies and welcome to the group!
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, and welcome to the group!

I started gaining weight after highschool and have kept gaining ever since. I remember being active, happy and healthy and a normal weight during highschool and it all went downhill after that.

My goal is to lose 100 lbs this year and adopt a healthy new active lifestyle. I am currently working out 3x a week doing the "curves" circuit and counting calories using this site. I am eating in moderation and paying extra attention to my emotional eating issues.

My current weight is 364 lbs and I hate myself for letting it get this far. I want to have energy to play with my kids, want to be able to be around to see them grow up and give me grandbabies.

I also have osteoarthritis in my knee from my weight and at age 34 that is completely rediculous. I am determined to get this weight off this time around, its do or die time. I refuse to let my weight kill me. I am tired of being tired and ready to get it done once and for all.

I would love to start up a challenge if anyone is interested or have weekly weigh ins.....??
  • Zarebeth
    Zarebeth Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

I have struggled with my weight my entire adult life, obesity runs in my family. I just lost 220 pounds of ugly fat a few months ago, and now that I have kicked him to the curb it is time to work on the 100 pounds I need to lose.

I have never been a thin non-smoker before. I would be thin, and quit... then put on more than the last time, and start again, then lose some, then quit again and gain it... I had a hysterectomy and put on 40, then this time I decided to quit while I was already heavy. So now I am over my all time high by 30+ pounds. in 2009 I tried Meridia and lost 30 pounds before they pulled it off the market, and of course I gained it all back. So this time I am doing it on my own - maybe a little green tea to help the metabolism. Otherwise diet and exercise, the old fashioned way.

I rang in the New Year at 278, and have been easing into this over the last couple of weeks. I am now down 5 pounds for the year. I LOVE this new site and app. I have been on Livestrong for years, but I really like that you can scan bar codes with your smart phone - so easy.

Right now I am not doing anything in particular but calorie counting and portion sizes. Once my pantry is depleted (the sugar is already gone... lol) I intend to switch over to a South Beach type approach where I avoid all but complex carbs. It worked for me the last time, but I only had 50 to lose.

I am 51, and have bad knees, bad shoulders, and a bad back from all the extra weight I am carrying. I don't want to turn out like my grandma and mom, who became sedentary because it hurt to much to move around, but I am quickly heading in that direction. But I am a newly single, smoke-free (almost 3 years!) gal, and I WILL MAKE IT this time! I am going to turn back the clock, get in better shape and lose this weight.

Count me in!
  • sherrirb
    Options
    Hello ladies!

I have struggled with my weight my entire adult life, obesity runs in my family. I just lost 220 pounds of ugly fat a few months ago, and now that I have kicked him to the curb it is time to work on the 100 pounds I need to lose.

I have never been a thin non-smoker before. I would be thin, and quit... then put on more than the last time, and start again, then lose some, then quit again and gain it... I had a hysterectomy and put on 40, then this time I decided to quit while I was already heavy. So now I am over my all time high by 30+ pounds. in 2009 I tried Meridia and lost 30 pounds before they pulled it off the market, and of course I gained it all back. So this time I am doing it on my own - maybe a little green tea to help the metabolism. Otherwise diet and exercise, the old fashioned way.

I rang in the New Year at 278, and have been easing into this over the last couple of weeks. I am now down 5 pounds for the year. I LOVE this new site and app. I have been on Livestrong for years, but I really like that you can scan bar codes with your smart phone - so easy.

Right now I am not doing anything in particular but calorie counting and portion sizes. Once my pantry is depleted (the sugar is already gone... lol) I intend to switch over to a South Beach type approach where I avoid all but complex carbs. It worked for me the last time, but I only had 50 to lose.

I am 51, and have bad knees, bad shoulders, and a bad back from all the extra weight I am carrying. I don't want to turn out like my grandma and mom, who became sedentary because it hurt to much to move around, but I am quickly heading in that direction. But I am a newly single, smoke-free (almost 3 years!) gal, and I WILL MAKE IT this time! I am going to turn back the clock, get in better shape and lose this weight.

Count me in!

Welcome Aboard!!
    I know what it is like struggling with your weight when you quit smoking. I finally kicked THAT habit about 5.5 years ago after smoking for nearlyl 25 years. My husband I were still dating and he doesnt smoke so I just decided that I liked him more than the cigs so I quit. Since then it has been a steady weight gain of oh, about 40lbs.
    Now I'm done with the weight and its HIGH TIME TO GET RID OF THAT TOO! :happy:

You CAN do this. Don't let anyone say you cant! See the Success Story threads and KNOW that others have done it. It is possible as long as you stay focused. If you feel disappointed or start to lose your focus, get back in here and let others know. We can motiviate and encourage each other and DO THIS!

Keep your head up, eyes forward and keep moving!
  • slanders72
    Options
    Thanks for telling your story!!! We all need to lose...our health and families are way more important than....well to put it BOLDY....overeating!!

I am here to encourage and support any one who needs it; as like others have gone through very rough times...a car accident that changed my life.....I got severly depressed because I was not the same mom, worker, person that I once was. I am at the point where I am sick of looking at myself and feeling miserable! I am getting PT 2 times a week for my hip (from a fall) 6 weeks ago and feeling a little better so I am heading towards being able to add more exercise into my plan....for now I have been counting cals and drinking a ton of water and getting some exercise!

Stacy
  • MountainMia
    MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi Folks!
    This looks like a good place for support, and I deffinitly have more than 100 lbs to lose... 112 lbs to be exact. As it can be really overwhelming to think of losing tripple digits, I figured I could use a little support.

I'm a stay at home mommy of 3 beautiful girls (ages 6, 3, and 10 months) and live in Alaska. I did some pretty good weight gaining on my own, but gained over 80 lbs with each kiddo. I did those crazy no carb diets and lost 100 lbs twice after each of my first two kids. But, now it's been 10 months and I'm still hangin' out near the heaviest I've ever been.

If I made a graph of my weight over the last 6 years, it would look a lot like the blade of a saw with really long teeth. I learned the dramatic binge/purge cycle from my parents, and am horrified that I am teaching my babies the same thing by default. boooh! Sooo, it's time for sustainable change.

This time, I'm working on a healthy lifestyle that I can live with for the rest of my life, one that will teach my kids good habits and prevent some of the heartache I suffered, one that will provide me the health and fitness level I need to hike and climb and enjoy triathlons and adventure races like I used to, and one that will allow me to feel comfortable in my clothes and confident in my appearance.

I look forward to getting to know you guys through our efforts to change our lives forever!

Sierra
  • Okuconn
    Options
    Hi all. I have struggle with my weight for all my adult life. Unfortantly I took after my father in both size and weight. I have had enough and just like Biggest Losers "No more excuses." I have to get healthy so I can be strong for my hubby as well as myself. I have a lot of old injuries that this weight is making worse. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I have 3 little grandchildren I want to be able to play with and 2 teenage and 1 grown grandchild I need to be able to keep up with. I am glad there is a group out there that understands the struggles of losing weight. Will be nice to get to know you all and may we have a fantastic year.
  • deltagreen
    deltagreen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello, hello!

My name is Audrey. I'm 26 (27 in March) and finishing up my final semester of my undergraduate degree in geology. I want to get healthier. There's so many reasons I want to lose this weight: Current and future health, getting pregnant (in the future), living life, feeling like me, ect and so on. My goal right now is not to lose 100 but 90 (but hey I could go for 100). It's my first ultimate goal to actually be under 200 pounds since...ha, high school? Maybe? I don't know. I'm already on the right track with tracking what I eat, staying within my caloric intake and having a great workout plan. I'm excited and really feel like this time, I'm going to do this. I'm excited to have you all along for this journey! If you wish, go ahead and add me as a friend.
  • Pebbles536
    Options
    Hiya,

I'm a 33yro mother of two a 6yro boy and almost 10yro girl. Unlike some I cannot blame my weight on having kids as I did not start gaining until 4 years ago. Between a sedentary job and bad eating I have gained 100lbs. I would complain about gaining 5 pounds here and 10 pounds there but didn't do anything about it. Now I'm 280 and refuse to live like that anymore. My son asking me if I was pregnant was eye opening. What made me chose 100lbs in a year instead of a longer duration is my son's father after 7 years of dating FINALY proposed on Dec 23, 2011. We have set the wedding date for Oct 6, 2013. That gives me 1 year to lose 100lbs before I go dress shopping and then 10 months to lose 30 and tone up. I look forward to getting to know all of you on this journey. We can do it!
  • Bawesome81
    Bawesome81 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone.
    I'm 30 turning 31 in March and have struggled with my weight since I can remember, I'v
  • sherrirb
    Options
    Hiya,

I'm a 33yro mother of two a 6yro boy and almost 10yro girl. Unlike some I cannot blame my weight on having kids as I did not start gaining until 4 years ago. Between a sedentary job and bad eating I have gained 100lbs. I would complain about gaining 5 pounds here and 10 pounds there but didn't do anything about it. Now I'm 280 and refuse to live like that anymore. My son asking me if I was pregnant was eye opening. What made me chose 100lbs in a year instead of a longer duration is my son's father after 7 years of dating FINALY proposed on Dec 23, 2011. We have set the wedding date for Oct 6, 2013. That gives me 1 year to lose 100lbs before I go dress shopping and then 10 months to lose 30 and tone up. I look forward to getting to know all of you on this journey. We can do it!

Congratulations!! Wow how exciting for you! Thats as good a reason as any to lose weight thats for sure!
  • sherrirb
    Options
    Hello, hello!

My name is Audrey. I'm 26 (27 in March) and finishing up my final semester of my undergraduate degree in geology. I want to get healthier. There's so many reasons I want to lose this weight: Current and future health, getting pregnant (in the future), living life, feeling like me, ect and so on. My goal right now is not to lose 100 but 90 (but hey I could go for 100). It's my first ultimate goal to actually be under 200 pounds since...ha, high school? Maybe? I don't know. I'm already on the right track with tracking what I eat, staying within my caloric intake and having a great workout plan. I'm excited and really feel like this time, I'm going to do this. I'm excited to have you all along for this journey! If you wish, go ahead and add me as a friend.

Hi Audrey! Welcome aboard! MFP is an awesome site and you make friends pretty fast here. 100lbs can seem like an daunting number, even 90 can. But think about it.. if you lost an average of 2lbs a week (which most doctors say is a slow and healthy weight loss rate, that is 104lbs in a year. This is something completely doable.
    Keep your motivation up, find encouragement in people here, read the Success Stories thread often! Lots of people achieving big (long term) losses and its amazing to see the before and after pictures that they post!!

Most important - KEEP MOVING (my motto for 2012)
  • dieter75
    dieter75 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies:

My name is Debbie and I would love to lose 100 lbs this year. I started Jenny Craig again as of last week. I also found my fitness pal as of last week. I would love to join this group. I am turning 50 this year and I would love to get this weight off and turn 50 being faboulous and fit. Good luck to everyone.

14633094.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

My name is Glenda, and although I have more than 100 pounds to lose overall, I want to lose 100 pounds this year. I began my MFP account in November of last year, but I did not become active until January 5th of this year. I am a 38 year old stay at home wife, mom, and stepmom to 8 children ranging from the ages of 14-20 with a set of fraternal twins in the middle. I became a grandmother for the first time in 2011. My granddaughter is a major inspiration to me, and that is why I chose to have her picture on my ticker tape. I have been heavy all of my life and decided that now was the time to let all of that excess weight go. Feel free to add me as a friend as we go through our journeys together. Together, we will succeed!
  • sherrirb
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

My name is Glenda, and although I have more than 100 pounds to lose overall, I want to lose 100 pounds this year. I began my MFP account in November of last year, but I did not become active until January 5th of this year. I am a 38 year old stay at home wife, mom, and stepmom to 8 children ranging from the ages of 14-20 with a set of fraternal twins in the middle. I became a grandmother for the first time in 2011. My granddaughter is a major inspiration to me, and that is why I chose to have her picture on my ticker tape. I have been heavy all of my life and decided that now was the time to let all of that excess weight go. Feel free to add me as a friend as we go through our journeys together. Together, we will succeed!

Welcome Glenda! Your granddaughter is beautiful, I can see why she would be an inspiration to you! I would be honored to be your friend as we travel this road to good health!
  • bells4her
    Options
    Hi everyone...

My name is Becky and I've decided to join your group because I would like to lose about 100 lbs (though perhaps not all in one year). I'm not really sure what to say yet, but once I figure out how this forum works (as in, how do I reply to one person's specific post??) I'll probably be on here at least 1x/day, M-F. So, just HI for now... TTYL!
  • ttwsweet
    Options
    100. That number seems so big sometimes, especially when my little tracker says "lost 7"... But I know we can do it! That's less than ten pounds a month! THAT is totally doable!

By the way...my name is Trish...and I'd be happy with 50 pounds in a year....but 100 would blow my mind! And now that you've planted that seed....I wanna make it happen!! Let's do this!! Let's be fierce and not allow excuses and too many cheat days and negative comments/thoughts get in our way! Ten measly pounds....
  • sherrirb
    Options
    100. That number seems so big sometimes, especially when my little tracker says "lost 7"... But I know we can do it! That's less than ten pounds a month! THAT is totally doable!

By the way...my name is Trish...and I'd be happy with 50 pounds in a year....but 100 would blow my mind! And now that you've planted that seed....I wanna make it happen!! Let's do this!! Let's be fierce and not allow excuses and too many cheat days and negative comments/thoughts get in our way! Ten measly pounds....

Welcome Trish!

100lbs in a year is completely doable. Many doctors will say that 1-2lbs loss per week is a healthy pace. Well.. if you averaged 2lbs a week for the entire year, that is 104lbs! Completely doable!
    Welcome and good luck

Most importantly... KEEP MOVING!!!!! <
    my personal motto for 2012
  • lcglog
    lcglog Posts: 24
    Options
    Hello,

My name is LaCinda and I like many of you, the weight just came on a few pounds here and there. I just turned 39 and weigh in at 274, so my goal this year before I turn 40 is to get my weight under control and enter the next decade healthy and increase my chances at a longer life.

I have paid God knows how much money for many programs and videos, the programs don't work if you can't stick to the low, low daily calorie goals and apparently the exercise videos being in your house don't do the trick. So I am trying to get myself back on track and I came back to MFP because even though it's free...it WORKS! The successes I had last year were while using MFP, then I stopped using it and the weight came back because I got back into my bad habits. I can track food, but I need that reminder of how many calories I have left. If your new to the site, you will quickly find that you can track food faster on MFP than any other online program out there.

So my downfalls and things that I need help with:
    * Exercise - I just don't make time for it and I need to schedule that as time for me.
    * Quick Fix Meals - we have long commutes and long days at work, so by the time we get home we grab a Hambuger Helper style meal or worse McDonalds and then the scale starts moving in the wrong direction.
    * Fruits & Veggies - I wasn't raised eating them that often so imagine the struggle to get them into my day! My inner voice nags that I need to put some in my bag and eat them in between meals but I just never seem to get it done. :(

I look forward to getting motivation from you and to give you motivation as well. A few tricks that work for me:
    * Water - I hate water, its just so PLAIN! I have found the Crystal LIght or actually the store brand zero calorie flavorings for water helps me get my daily water in.
    * Straws - Ever notice how fast a soda at a resturaunt or from a fast food joint goes? And yet your water is still there hours later, my theory is that we are just used to mindlessly grabbing and sipping from a straw, tipping the cup seems to remind me that it's water. I got one of those cups that has a straw and now in combination with the water flavorings, I am drinking the water I need consistently.
    * Nature Valley Bars - I get the peanut ones, they are peanuts with peanut butter flavoring 170 Calories, but I eat one as I start the drive home then I am not tearing through all the cupboards the minute I walk through the door eating outta control.

Sorry to drag on, but I really am psyched to get started on the right path again.