Current weight 133 lbs
Goal weight 120-115 lbs

Current program - INSANITY started Jan 2, 2012
-round 1 week 2

Tell me about you, and feel free to ask any questions :flowerforyou:

Replies

• sweetmelissa50
    Options
    I just started today really. I am a 50 year old woman and I would like to lose at least 50 pounds. My fitness goal I have set for myself is to run a 5 K this year. I am trying to half way follow the WW Points Plus Plan, on my own, I didnt join weight watchers. I found this site and thought it would be as helpful as WW. So here I am! So far so good today!
  • Sherrygunnabefit88
    Options
    Just keep at it and believe that you can do it- I belive in you! I keep telling myself to take it one day at a time
  • mistykorea
    Options
    I am 52 and trying to lose about 40 lbs that I gained after chemo...can't get rid of them even after 10 years!!
    Let's keep in touch...
  • wowsuzie
    Options
    My goal is to also do a 5k this year! I've never done distance running so I'm nervous but definetely think I can do it after having worked out the 3-1/2 months! Good luck & let me know how ur doing!
  • H0neybug
    H0neybug Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am 43 and the mother of 4 children.

Currently I weigh in at 148 pounds and would like to lose about 10 (realistic) to 20 (dreaming) pounds

I started the Insanity workout this week...today was day 4 and I am liking it so far...it is very hard though and I hate to exercise, so any motivation would be great.

On Monday I am starting the Couch to 5K program as well. I have always wanted to be a runner, because they always seem so healthy and can eat just about anything they want...lol I hope if I ease into the running that I can be successful.

The support and resources that this website offers are amazing...it makes my choices a little easier.

I look forward to working together so everyone can reach their goals.
  • lukicj
    lukicj Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I joined a while ago but only started using the calorie tracker app properly last monday.

My goal is to lose 25kg (55lbs) by July 31st this year!

I'm also on the fodmap diet which actually gave me the kick up the backside that i needed to begin this weightloss journey.
  • Sherrygunnabefit88
    Options
    I am 43 and the mother of 4 children.

Currently I weigh in at 148 pounds and would like to lose about 10 (realistic) to 20 (dreaming) pounds

I started the Insanity workout this week...today was day 4 and I am liking it so far...it is very hard though and I hate to exercise, so any motivation would be great.

On Monday I am starting the Couch to 5K program as well. I have always wanted to be a runner, because they always seem so healthy and can eat just about anything they want...lol I hope if I ease into the running that I can be successful.

The support and resources that this website offers are amazing...it makes my choices a little easier.

I look forward to working together so everyone can reach their goals.
    Just keep at it and you will get there, just be sure not to overdo it in the begining. I have done that in the past end ended up quiting after a week. Glad to here that you are motivated to run, just DIG DEEP and keep at it:wink:
  • Sherrygunnabefit88
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I joined a while ago but only started using the calorie tracker app properly last monday.

My goal is to lose 25kg (55lbs) by July 31st this year!

I'm also on the fodmap diet which actually gave me the kick up the backside that i needed to begin this weightloss journey.
    nice to meet you
    I like how you have a set date it helps hold you accountable even more.
    I found that I love this site for the trackers and the motivation from friends.
  • Sherrygunnabefit88
    Options
    My goal is to also do a 5k this year! I've never done distance running so I'm nervous but definetely think I can do it after having worked out the 3-1/2 months! Good luck & let me know how ur doing!
    good luck on the 5K :flowerforyou: and congrats on the 10lb weight loss
  • Sherrygunnabefit88
    Options
    I am 52 and trying to lose about 40 lbs that I gained after chemo...can't get rid of them even after 10 years!!
    Let's keep in touch...

Just remember that it doesn't matter how long it takes to reach your goal, just that you get there.
    I hope you are cancer free from the chemo
  • nodone
    nodone Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi There!!! From Surrey in UK. age 27.

not doing a new years resolution this year as never keep to them!! so instead last year i told myself i will get back into shape and all my nice dresses that dont fit anymore! and started pre new year! used to be 140lbs!!! lot of weight to shift!!

I was 220 pounds last year september (my heaviest), joined mfp in october weighing 210. current weight at the moment is 196 ish...

Main reason for joining mfp was by total accident found website on google! Have been struggling with fitness for a while due to depression. but now im positive want to do exercise but my body can only handle so much as havent worked out in over 5 years!! So needless to say exercising is frustrating for me. i know it will get better and i have just started out again so, it can only get better!!

as im relatively new dont know many people on here and defo need the support as each day still is a bit of an effort for me. have to say though, there are some amzing peeps on here that really make me motivated. If they can do it so can i!! feel free to add me... can share stories, exercises, have a laugh or two... :smile:
  • Sherrygunnabefit88
    Options
    Hi There!!! From Surrey in UK. age 27.

not doing a new years resolution this year as never keep to them!! so instead last year i told myself i will get back into shape and all my nice dresses that dont fit anymore! and started pre new year! used to be 140lbs!!! lot of weight to shift!!

I was 220 pounds last year september (my heaviest), joined mfp in october weighing 210. current weight at the moment is 196 ish...

Main reason for joining mfp was by total accident found website on google! Have been struggling with fitness for a while due to depression. but now im positive want to do exercise but my body can only handle so much as havent worked out in over 5 years!! So needless to say exercising is frustrating for me. i know it will get better and i have just started out again so, it can only get better!!

as im relatively new dont know many people on here and defo need the support as each day still is a bit of an effort for me. have to say though, there are some amzing peeps on here that really make me motivated. If they can do it so can i!! feel free to add me... can share stories, exercises, have a laugh or two... :smile:
    Love your can do attitude, also congrats on your progress, way to go!
  • shalomabeth
    shalomabeth Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My name is Jeanette. I need to lose 120 lb so far lost 3 since last week i know i can do it one day at a time. i need to be down to my goal weight by 2013 so i know it can be done

my goal weight is 140
    current weight is 257
    I started at 261 last week so doing ok being i jsut started last week
  • erinpj
    erinpj Posts: 12
    Options
    Im erin - want to loose about 15 lbs to get back to where i was a year about before mexico - never felt that good!!! Love motivating other and having others keep me on track as well :D Its a one day at a time kind of thing but days go by fast - results are AMAZING!!!

Ive done insanity before - not religiosly but once p90x got boring last year we would switch up videos - SHAUN T scares me but gets me going - want to puke after every video haha but they are good videos - circuit training is one of the best out there!!!!
  • kessalove
    kessalove Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I joined a little while ago, I was 240 the day I delivered my daughter and dropped down to 175 but bounced right back up to 220! I'm currently down to 184-186 and am working towards being 115-135 since I'm only 5'1"...the only support I have is my BF who lives 2100 miles away and gives me body building tips which I really do not need since I'm not looking to be bulky like a man...plus he keeps emphasizing that I need to keep my curves but yet be slim...kind of a contradiction if you ask me. I think he's afraid that I'm going to loose the girls if I get too thin...I highly doubt it since I'm a DD I would like to get back down to a C if possible! I'm tired of my back hurting from them being too big!!! I was an F when I had my daughter! So he can't complain that I completely have lost them since I lost 56 lbs this past year! Got another 50-60 to go!
  • pinkhockymom
    pinkhockymom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My name is Jeanette. I need to lose 120 lb so far lost 3 since last week i know i can do it one day at a time. i need to be down to my goal weight by 2013 so i know it can be done

my goal weight is 140
    current weight is 257
    I started at 261 last week so doing ok being i jsut started last week

Hi Jeanette! I too have a large amount of weight to lose! I know we can do it if we support each other!!
  • pinkhockymom
    pinkhockymom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My name is Kathy. I need to lose 82 lbs to be at my goal weight. I am currently 242 lbs and want to get to 160. I have set the date for that goal for my birthday, January 2013. I have been on this roller coaster ride for a long time. I really have had enough!!
    I want my life back!!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    You go girl. I have done many 5k runs and I can not tell you the emotion you feel when you complete your first 5K run. I am 52 and looking to lose about 15 lbs. I am finding I have to be diligent and almost obsessive. I am keeping a food journal and exercising 5 times weekly. Would love to chat. What works for you?
  • RoseMarie157
    RoseMarie157 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I am Rose Marie. My husband and I joined myfitnesspal about 1 month ago. We live in Bonita Springs, Fl. Near Naples, Fl and we love it here. We have lived here for about 2 years now. We have 2 sons of the four legged kind. A 10 year old cat named Dasher and a 10 month hound mix dog named Jeter. My husband is loseing a lot faster then I am of course. So I need all the help I can get. I need to lose about 50 lbs. I know that it did not take a short time to put it on so I need to take it off slowly. I am taking it 10 lbs at a time for my goals.
  • MegTK
    MegTK Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello!

My name is Meghan

I joined a long time ago, but didn't really use it. Then I got married and stopped worrying about my weight and then it was the holidays and I stopped worrying even more and now it's 6 months later and I've gained 20 pounds....

So....time to get back on track. I'd like to lose the 20 lbs I gained since the wedding plus five more. I've already lost about 7 since the new year.

Starting weight: 165
    Current weight: 158
    Goal: 140

I did Insanity last year with some other teachers after school, but I've really busy this year and haven't had much time to do things after school. I started Insanity again today. Only got halfway through the workout though! I forgot how hard it was!!!

I'm also a horrible eater and trying to be better at it!