New endurance racer just joined MFP. She say's "Hello!"

Options
Hey all,

I'm Jeni and live in Cincinnati. I'm an Elite level cyclocross racer and a Cat 2 (it's hard to get upgrade points here in the Midwest) mtb'er. I mostly race endurance and my 2012 season is pretty much finalized with 5 NUE races, a 12 hour solo, a 24 hour solo and some other little stuff.

Here's my schedule so far:

2/17 Ray's Cleveland Womens Weekend (Trek pays me to coach these)
4/28 NUE Cohutta - Georgia
5/12 12 Hours of Stoney Creek (solo) - Michigan (really close for a lot of my family. they can finally see me race)
5/19 NUE Sayllmos Revenge 100 - Arkansas
6/02 NUE Mohican 100 - Ohio
6/09 Brown County Womens Weekend (another paid coaching gig) - Indiana
6/16 NUE Lumberjack 100 - Michigan
7/28 NUE Wilderness 101 - Pennsylvania
9/8 24 hours of DINO - Indiana

I'm riding the trainer and doing tempo rides on the weekend.

I have six bikes in the stable including my new carbon hard tail and my tried and true Fisher full suspension.

When I'm not racing on the weekends, I'm playing "mad scientist" and helping make new molecules for Tide laundry detergent. I have two dogs that travel with me to all my races.

I'm wanting to drop about 20 pounds in the off season - too many beer hand ups during cross season. lol

Hope to get to know a few of you here.

Jeni

Replies

• evil_rider
    Options
    Looks like a full line up for 2012. Great to meet you :-)
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

I'm a wanna be mountain biker with 3 races under my belt. :laugh:
  • Jeniroosen1
    Options
    RVachon71 - great to hear you've done three races. I bet you're hooked.
  • trio25
    trio25 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey sounds like you are pretty fast. I'm over in the UK did some cross races this winter, hard as they are so short. I'm also planning on a 24hour race this year.
  • plcarpenter
    plcarpenter Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm wanting to drop about 20 pounds in the off season - too many beer hand ups during cross season. lol

Jeni
    [/quote]

LOL! My husband races cross and so do many of my friends, I'm thinking about trying it this year for giggles. Sorry, I'm been guilty of dishing out those beer hand ups : )
  • stephstar15
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Jeniroosen1
    Options

Jeni

LOL! My husband races cross and so do many of my friends, I'm thinking about trying it this year for giggles. Sorry, I'm been guilty of dishing out those beer hand ups : )
    [/quote]

There is no other adrenaline rush like racing cross. It's an all out suffer and pukefest! I hate it so much that as soon as I'm done I can't wait for the next week. You should do it and make your hubby give you handups. We found gummi bears soaked in vodka make good handups too. We're crazy. What part of the U.S. do you guys race?