Check in

Options
luvsdeals
luvsdeals Posts: 105 Member
I saw today it's been 10 days since several of us have been doing this. How is it going? How are you feeling? What have been your successes?

Replies

• Kooopons
    Kooopons Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I saw that too and couldn't believe it's been 10 days already!? I was going to post a new weight but I'll wait until the weekend. I'm down about 5lbs too.

Doing great! Keeping w/in my calories and finding lots of great things to eat that are healthy and yummy. It's been such an eye-opener to me.

Exercise- I still could be doing lots better. I'm so flabby- must do some exercise, must do some exercise!

But best part, I feel thinner and I can see it in my face- amazing what just 5lbs can do!
  • AJones1021
    AJones1021 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've been seeing the 10 day check-ins, too! AWESOME JOB, girls!!!

For weight, I'm down 6. But, my main success is that I've actually stayed on calories and exercised as scheduled except one night. Not bad!
  • mom2jrn
    mom2jrn Posts: 40
    Options
    This is day 13 for me and I'm down 4.9 pounds. Only went over my calories on day 1 and have exercised everyday. But I'm hitting a bit of a burn out. I'm missing some of my favorite foods and really just want to eat what I want. But at the same time I don't want to mess up all I've worked for. I just have to push through it because it will be all worth it in the end. Can't wait to get to the maintain part!!
  • luvsdeals
    Options
    I really think everyone is doing so great. I think the accountability of logging in and knowing others can see what I'm doing is helping. I think I'm down 2 more but will wait until Tuesday since that will be a week since my last weigh in. I've lost nearly 3 inches around the thickest part of my waist though!

I've been surprised with how easy it's been so far. I do think I need to cut back on the sugar though. I'm coming in under calories each day but I'm adding 300 calories in for breastfeeding so I'm at 1500 calories a day. I think I've exercised every day but one.

Tonight we're going to a catered dinner party for church so I'm curious how that will go. I made sure to exercise this morning though!
  • BklynMamacita
    BklynMamacita Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone. I weigh in tomorrow when I go to the gym. I do also take into account how my clothes fit. I notice that they are looser and that is always encouraging for me. I do not always see it on the scale so I need to know that so I do not get discouraged. I build muscle easily. DS gets it from me. I know muscle is heavier. My pattern is loose inches, wait, wait, lose some lbs, loose inches, wait, wait, lose weight. When I was in HS, I was curvy but thin and weighed 145 and I am 5'7" and could wear a size 4 or 6. So now post-kiddo, I have to keep those things in mind. My goal is to get down to 150.

Also I read the success stories and they help. I am so frustrated by my c-section pooch. I literally have the beginnings of a 4 pack and the bottom, I cannot get to flatten. I doing plank exercises more than crunches as I see that worked for some in my predicament.

But the good thing is I am tracking my food everyday, exercised 4 times this week and really pushed myself, drinking lots of water, turning down things I know I should not eat (very tough), and just keeping my eye on the prize. I want DS to be proud of me. He always says how squishy my arms are but I know that is changing and everywhere else too.
  • leahmfunk
    leahmfunk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm haniging in there. I think I'm only on day 6, but I love entering my food. It has made me become so aware of what I'm eating. I just can't belive how bad I ate before. I did have a bad day yesterday, but those days will happen. I'm back on the wagon today and starting over. I need to figure out how to fit exercise in my life. I haven't really done that yet and I know I need to if I really want to see results. I'll get there...it will just take me more than 6 days to get a routine down. I love seeing that everyone is getting results also!

ps- Jen, those Flatout flatbreads just may be the best invention ever when it comes to food! There is so much you can do with them and I'm full after I eat one! I just had a 268 cal lunch with one (huge one--turkey, romaine, cheese, lite miracle whip) and that will be more than enought to get me to dinnertime without needing to snack my way through my afternoon!

gotta run-- I'm using my lunch break today to get a facial ;o)
  • leahmfunk
    leahmfunk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ps- can someone tell me how to add the tracker thingy to my posts? thanks.
  • Kooopons
    Options
    Tracey- add me to the c-section pooch. I don't think even if I get super skinny, that it will go away- it's awful :-( And I would say it was worth it except that the only reason I have it is because we lost our first baby to a giant fibroid that took over her blood and space, then I had to have major surgery to remove the fibroid- then had to have c-sections- so part of me looks at it and thinks of my boys and the other part thinks of that.......................

But what can I do.

Leah- glad you love the flatouts. Now don't go starving until dinnner. I think eating a snack is a good thing. keeps your body burning and doesn't leave you starving. have an apple and a tbsp of peanut butter in the afternoon! Oh to get your ticker, just go to the menu bar here above the thread and click settings and then check the box to have it show up.

I think if you are dying to have something, have it. Maybe have it in moderation or have something similar that with satiate your hunger.
  • Treadababy
    Options
    KOOPS: I didn't know your story about losing a DD... I'm so sorry. :heart: I had fibroids, too... One of the many reasons I had to have a hysterectomy. Again. I'm sorry. ((((HUGS))))
  • Treadababy
    Options
    Oh. AND...I'm too dumb to get my ticker to *apply*. I make it. I see it RIGHT there. But, can't figure out what to do after I build the !@#$ thing! :huh:
  • flyeagle
    Options
    I started on the 1st weighing 189lbs after binge eating New Year's eve. I weigh 181 as of this morning. Woo hoo! My goal weight is to see 145lbs by May and long term I would like to get down to 135. I am 5'1" but saying I am curvy would be an understatement so this is realistic and healthy. In high school I weighed 130 and wore 0s and 1s for jeans.

I have had a c-section with each of my 3 children. After my oldest, my c-section pouch was almost flat (there is 5 years between my oldest and middle child). With less than 2 years between my middle and little, I didn't see anywhere close to flat lol. I didn't even have a cycle between nursing and being pregnant again. With my littlest, I had complications and my last incision was open for 4 months. I'm not positive flat is all that possible anymore (I still have dips and bumps in the scar), but it certainly doesn't have to be what it is right now.

Koops- Sorry for the loss of your daughter.

Treadababy- Right above the thread you should see "home" "recent posts" "my topics" "settings" and "search". Click on settings. That is where you tell it to display your ticker.
  • luvsdeals
    Options
    Jen I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter.
  • McCoolMama
    McCoolMama Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm doing great. I'm doing my best with food choices & love being in control of that. I always thought I ate pretty healthy, but I didn't realize (or I did and chose to ignore it) how much mindless eating I did! I'd grab stuff off the kids plates, finish their food so it didn't go to waste, eat more than I should have just because it tasted SO GOOD, etc. I track my food, THEN eat it so I can make better choices before it goes into my mouth. I'm also rotating between 2 late night under 100 cal snacks instead of full bowls of popcorn or sweets. The past few days have been crazy busy with extra family stuff so I haven't gotten to the gym, but I've been walking, walking & more walking. The scale is moving in the right direction & I'm feeling great with the direction I'm heading.
  • BklynMamacita
    BklynMamacita Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about loss of DD Jen :'(
  • Kooopons
    Options
    Aww thanks girls, didn't mean to be debbie downer or divert the thread. I have come to better terms with some things regarding that loss, but it will always be there. I look at Luke and Caleb and wonder what a daughter would have looked like. She would be 6 1/2 now. We had Luke 1 year later, almost to the day of when she would have been born. And I thought I've shared some of this on the board over the years when people want to know what to do when someone miscarries or loses a baby in pregnancy. Sometimes I feel like sharing, sometimes I don't I guess. Anyways, thanks for recognizing her.