Happy Weekend!

Options
Hey guys - I hope you are having a good weekend! A good weekend to me use to be a lot of eating and drinking.....I could not wait to put the kids to bed and open that bottle of wine.

This weekend I have been struggling to try and find other things to do then focus on food. It seems like almost everything is based around food. Ever notice that?

Meeting Friends for Drinks or Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner....Going to the Movies and them sucking you in with that wonderful smell of popcorn.

Watching T.V. and all those DAMN food commercials.....

So what have you been doing this weekend?

Replies

• moms0211
    Options
    Found this funny on a friends facebook wall.....I thought you guys might get a chuckle out of it! :laugh:

weight.jpg
  • MsUnlucky13
    MsUnlucky13 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My youngest turned 2 yesterday so I spent yesterday and today baking. It was kinda of hard not eating a bunch of cake lol. I did eat one cupcake w.o icing on it.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Hoping the pics aren't huge

6d12af31.jpg

872d52b7.jpg

c3a25d29.jpg
  • MountainMia
    MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I totally get what you mean about everything being centered around food. Holidays, weekends, any kind of fun recreation... you name it. I've been trying to find good substitute and all I can do is find a few activities that don't include food, or plan ahead and pick places or food items that are on plan. Maybe I'm naieve, but I don't think you have to abandon all friends and family to modify your eating habits.
    MsUnlucky- Those are AWESOME!!! Super cute. I've got girlie girls, so theres only princesses and mermaids from here out for me. Good job on not bingeing.
    This weekend, my hubs is out of town and it's just me and my girls. Temps are hanging right around -30F and it's so dang cold the car wouldn't turn over when we were finally all bundled up to go to the gym for a quick workout and swimming. Booooh! So we hooked up the wii and danced like crazy people. The kids loved it and I warmed up pretty quick. :)
    Plan for tomorrow is to remember to plug in the stupid car and do what I couldn't do today... that and go through the kids clothes and toys and make a generous donation .
    Anyone else notice that eating cleaner inspires cleaner everything?
  • moms0211
    Options
    Those cupcakes and cakes were awesome!!!! Great job having that will power!!!

I defiantly am not going to abandon my friends and plans that I want to do - if I do that I will just set up myself to fail!! I just have to go with this knowing that every day is not going to be perfect but if more days are better than others than that is a start!!

Like today my husband and kids wanted to go to Ted (Hot Dog) Place after Sunday School/Church so I wasn't going to be a kill joy so I went. Needless to say I don't have a lot of calories left so when we got home I put Chicken right in the crock pot cause that will be healthy and I will make a salad with it. Also I will do some kind of exercise when my husband leaves for work. I will probably still over but know I did the best I can do and it could have been much worse! :)

I am defiantly in the cleaning mood too also getting things (kids stuff) to sell on Ebay.....
  • MsUnlucky13
    MsUnlucky13 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you both! It was really fun to make those. My lil one was so excited...she kept running around screaming my brobee cake, made it so worth baking it & not eating it lol.

And yes weekends stink around here too just for the fact that everyone wants to sit around be lazy and munch. So I spent about 2 hours in my kitchen scrubbing it to keep myself busy lol.