January 7 - What is your resolution for 2012?

Options
carolina_r
carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
The new year often brings with it a surge of motivation to make one's life better. What are your New Year's resolutions?

Replies

• jdatkins06
    jdatkins06 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    to loose all my baby weight & keep it off ! Drink more waTER & get outside & enjoy the beautiful days :)
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    To get stronger and stay stronger. Off to a good start with chalean extreme I just got on january 2nd :) Man am I sore!
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    To get back on track! I was so derailed in November/December it's not even funny. I'm surprised I only gained 3lbs! What's more disappointing is not the weight gain, but the loss of commitment and discipline. Pounds are easier to lose than it is to regain momentum for the long run.

I have definite goals for this year. Last year my goals were to just make it through. :) Now that the boys are sleeping better and more scheduled, I can start tackling some stuff for ME.

So I guess my resolution is to... resolve!
  • livehappe
    livehappe Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed reading about everyone's goals. It inspires me and it feels good to be surrounded by others who are in similar situations.

I've decided to stop focusing on weight loss. Last year, I reached a healthy BMI, lost 45 pounds, and now I'm 10 pounds under my first child pre-pregnancy weight, 2 pounds under my wedding weight, and not dreading dresses, swimsuits, and jeans. Good enough.

So, I changed my program to toning and healthy eating, and bought P90x. My husband and I are doing it together every morning at 5am, and we signed up to run at half-marathon on May 27. Instead of setting goals on the scale, I'm going to work on setting personal bests for runs and workouts. I am certain it will be more rewarding. I've also changed my calories to 1800 so that I don't feel bad for a healthy day.

My new year's resolution is: to prioritize better.
  • maru84
    maru84 Posts: 128
    Options
    I just have one official resolution: to track my food every single day.

The other ones are that I want to get totally organized and exercise more regularly, but I'm focused on the main resolution.
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    - To get to my goal weight by New Year's Eve.
    - To get into a NZ size 12/14 by my birthday in October.
    - To buy my first house.
    - To get a part time job.
  • Harper1984
    Harper1984 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    To lose baby weight (and then some!) and to be able to run a 5K without stopping.....and work my way up to a 10K. To be able to wear my bikini I bought....in May while vacationing in Vegas
  • TracyP111
    Options
    To stick with MFP long term and not quit when it gets rough. I'd also like to lose at least half of my overall goal this year, and the other half by the time I turn 40.

13625441.png
  • amandampierce
    amandampierce Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My resolution is to lose my last 10 pounds of baby weight and then some. It would be nice if I could wear shorts this summer. I haven't worn shorts since I was little because of my thighs....so that would be nice.
  • tempted2touch
    Options
    Kick my 6 cans a coca cola a day habit. Drink more water. Exercise more!! 5 months and counting and I have stuck to 2 of the 3 (still working on the exercising more part)
  • samred293
    samred293 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I so want to find a happy medium between being a new mom, going to school, working fulltime, and being a wife...... Yep that's it!! lol:laugh:
  • divakaye1
    divakaye1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Despite having a 6 month old my resolution will,be to time manage so that I can run and play my piano for a half an hour each, everyday.
  • bootifulisa
    Options
    My resolution will to track everday what I eat to lose weight, have more mommy time, and save money to go on a cruise!
  • shellebelle79
    shellebelle79 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I think I want mine to be to be able to manage my time better, and to not wait until the last possible second to get things done. Maybe to try to focus on myself a little bit more too!
  • MinnesotaMommy1
    MinnesotaMommy1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I want to work out 3 times a week. My husband works at night so I have to rush home from work, but I need to make it a priority!
  • ajbemine4ever27
    ajbemine4ever27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    to lose my tummy pouch. :happy: and get toned before i reach 30 this year.
  • SuperApril
    SuperApril Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lose the baby weight and get into a bikini!
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    my resolution for 2013 is to lose the baby weight and keep my motivation going so that i can stay healthy.
  • littlelizabeth
    Options
    To set a good example for my children by focusing on being healthy, happy and active.
  • mmmnhmr
    mmmnhmr Posts: 22
    Options
    Live more naturally. So eating less processed foods, using natural products more, etc. As my little guy is licking and chewing everything these days I don't want him getting all those cleaning chemicals in his system.