50 lbs by the May!

Options
So now that we have a group started, lets talk about what we want to do! We have a couple of diff options:

1. Lb's lost each week
2. Cal's burned each week or day
3. Miles (walked or run)
4. Staying under daily goals
and then also have the option to do mini goals inbetween

What do you ladies think!?!?

Replies

• falfal923
    falfal923 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I just joined this group. My wedding is June 23rd and I am looking to lose anywhere from 20 to 30 lbs. Taking it a lb at a time which is all any of us can do.

I have been doing these 100 miles challenge on separate posts. 100 Miles is definately do-able and I am thinking maybe we should kick it off by setting a goal to do 150 miles in January whether its by bike, walking, elliptical, etc.

Any takers?
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm Up for it! I need to get back in the gym, with the hoildays and cold going on it has set me back and haven't been to the gym as much as I used to. I can def shoot for 150 miles, my math is a lil rusty but thats about 5 miles a day every day! In the past I've gotten up to 3 miles in a day so I need that extra push to do 5! Great idea! Anyone else in??
  • annanoel21
    annanoel21 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    hey! My wedding is oct 20, 2012. I need to lose 70 lbs to be at my goal weight. I do a lot of workout dvds. I dont go to the gym - just have a treadmill at home. I barely use it - got on it yesterday for the first time in idk how long. Im not like the previous posters - i cant do 5 miles a day. Im doing good if i do 1 on the treadmill. I do really enjoy doing the slim in 6 dvd - started the program over yesterday. Seems to be a good workout for a beginner.
  • SarahBrown1979
    Options
    Would you like to do a burned cal's or maybe just lb's lost each week?
  • annanoel21
    Options
    That would work for me. Im trying to watch my calories really close. Im not at a high fitness level. I have to work myself up since im just starting. Everyone is at different fitness levels.
  • SarahBrown1979
    Options
    True, lord knows when I first started I was hardly making it through a half hr! Do you want to work at it some more? Maybe do mini goals each week for exercise mins or cal's burned? Just thinking how we can incorporate exercise in to this some how.
    Let me know what you what you think of this challenge and we can make a new challenge each mth.

For Jan:

We can work out a point system (I love rewards)!
    Pick 3 rewards, one small, one medium, one large.
    1 pt for working out per day
    1 pt for being under your workout+diet calorie goal per day
    1 pt for being under just your diet calorie goal per day
    ***weekly bonus points***
    5 pts for burning over 3000 calories in a week
    5 pts for being under your diet calorie goal for all 7 days in a week
    There is a weekly weigh in, 2 bonus points for each pound you lose.

At the end of the month, total your points, 60 points wins your small reward! 80 points wins your medium reward!!

100 POINTS!!!! LARGE REWARD!!!!!! ( there is a maximum of 124 points not counting weight loss over a 4 week period, so 100 points is very doable.)

We will log in each week to report our progress, this will be an honor system, so keep track of you points.

Each week will look some what as follows:

Starting weight: #

Days worked out: #
    Days under cal/exercise goal: #
    Days under daily cal goal (no work out) :#
    Bonus points: #
    Total points this week: #
    Current Weight: #

This we can put on the 1st day of the mth, no need to post this each week
    My rewards -
    Small reward:
    Medium reward:
    Large reward:

(*Thank you to my loving Fiancee for helping me out :) )

SO ladies, What do you think??
  • annanoel21
    Options
    sounds good! I know when Im at work I stay on my feet. When I get home I tend to workout 30-45 mins depending on what mood Im in. I would like to kick it up though. The points thing is a good idea. Good for motivation.
  • HealthyAcademic
    HealthyAcademic Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! But complicated :o) Is there a template to calculate all of this!!! I may need reminding :smile:

And now I feel rude not introducing myself! My name is Carol and my wedding is 8.3.12 -- while I have over 100 lbs to hit the top end of my BMI range, I am aiming to lose about 40lbs by April 20 (girls weekend in Vegas!!!)
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Hello, All!!! I'm in for all the challenges!!!

I'm going to try for the 150 miles in January.... not sure I'll make it, but maybe close!

My name is Dee, and we just got engaged and haven't set our date yet. I'm anticipating sometime in September or possibly June. More to come on that.

Regardless, I want to lose a solid 30 (hopefully 40) pounds by the wedding. And I'm not waiting until tomorrow to get started - doing it today!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D I hope you don't consider it cheatin' to count New Year's Eve, but I Can subtract it out at month end.

Pick 3 rewards, one small, one medium, one large.
    Distance so far today: 1.6 miles, 1 point

My rewards -
    Small reward: 2 hour massage
    Medium reward: New sterling silver earrings + 1 hour massage
    Large reward: 1 hour massage, facial, new lingerie

(*Thank you to my loving Fiancee for helping me out :) )
  • LatinCaliGirl
    LatinCaliGirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great group and happy to join. I'm getting married on June 23rd and will join you guys in the challenge to burn those pounds.
  • SarahBrown1979
    Options
    Great group and happy to join. I'm getting married on June 23rd and will join you guys in the challenge to burn those pounds.

Great to have you! Check out the Jan challenge I posted in this group
  • pereyram
    Options
    Hello...I just joined this group. I am a 2012 bride and am trying to lose at least 40lbs by May 5th. I am ready to lose the weight

14602096.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter