GAMERS - TOP 3 FIGHTING GAMES

Options
I posted this on just the general fun board before I was, awesomely, invitied to join Mfp Gamers, so lets try this again!

Go!

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
King of Fighters XIII
Super Smash Brothers Melee

It's a tough question, but if I didn't limit it to 3 games it would take waayyyy to much time to list.

Enjoy! ^_^

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Battlefied. Hands down!!!!
  • CrawlingChaos
    Options
    I play a ton of fighting games with my friends. Right now my favorites are probably :

Mortal Kombat (9)
    SF3: 3rd strike online edition
    Melty Blood: Actress Again

By the way, how is KOF13? I haven't picked it up yet cause unless we play KOF 98, nobody I know wants to play KOF. It sucks cause I like KOF.
  • MissJenova
    Options
    I play a ton of fighting games with my friends. Right now my favorites are probably :

Mortal Kombat (9)

By the way, how is KOF13? I haven't picked it up yet cause unless we play KOF 98, nobody I know wants to play KOF. It sucks cause I like KOF.

13 is good. The graphics and backgrounds are gorgeous, and I don't find them distracting the way some people seem to. I messed up though, I meant to put King of Fighter XI as my favorite, but I do like 13 a lot.
    KOF is an awesome series that definitly doesn't get the recognition is deserves, so I feel you on not having many people to play with.

How is Melty Blood? I saw gameplay at EVO that looked pretty sweet, but haven't seen much beyond that.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Street fighter 2 turbo on the SNES
    Soul Caliber 3 on the xbox
    and Super Smash Bro's Melee!
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    gonna have to go with street fighter and mortal combat2 on sega xD then after that i quit playing them so idk lol
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Mortal Kombat 9 is the BEST!
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    3rd strike :)

capcom vs snk 2

super smash bros brawl
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say Soul Caliber or Super Smash Bros. Haha.

edit: Soul Caliber 3*
  • david581c
    david581c Posts: 337
    Options
    Im a total trollop for Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance and Marvel vs Capcom

But i have the most fun w/ super smash bro's brawl. Settles EVERY argument.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Hmmm......

Super Street Fighter II - either SNES or SEGA

Killer Instinct

Street Fighter IV - PC

Once the fighting games went 3D I kind of just stopped...I'm a traditionalist 2D fighter.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Puzzle Fighter. it's like tetris but player vs. player
    Marvel vs Capcom
    Soul Caliber the one with Yoda in it.
  • CrawlingChaos
    Options

Mortal Kombat (9)

"

13 is good. The graphics and backgrounds are gorgeous, and I don't find them distracting the way some people seem to. I messed up though, I meant to put King of Fighter XI as my favorite, but I do like 13 a lot.
    KOF is an awesome series that definitly doesn't get the recognition is deserves, so I feel you on not having many people to play with.

How is Melty Blood? I saw gameplay at EVO that looked pretty sweet, but haven't seen much beyond that.

Melty Blood is pretty fun. It feels similar to blazblue but toned down on the obscure play styles a bit. Like blazblue it has 3 attack buttons, but instead of special, or whatever that 4th button is called, its a shield button. It has EX guards, cancels, and all that fun stuff. Its complex enough without being overly crazy. If you can find it cheap enough, and you have a modded PS2 or a PC beast enough to run PS2 emulators, check it out. I was never released outside of Japan so you'll need to import, though.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Rival schools/Project Justice
    Guilty Gear
    Soul Calibur
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Hawkeye for the win!
  • karmaticgeek
    Options
    Probably showing my age here but Super Street Fighter II, Soul Calibur and Mortal Kombat.
  • bcunning
    bcunning Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Karate Champ !

Everything else is just a copy :)
  • gwild0r
    gwild0r Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Karate Champ !

Everything else is just a copy :)

I'm QFE'ing this..

QFE - Quoting For Emphasis