Zumba: dancing with a burn

Options
How do feel about zumba classes? I think they are so much fun and i come home feeling great and a whole lot of dance moves smarter.

Replies

• loseweightbrighton
    Options
    zumba is great!! - and boy is it popular at the moment..

how long have you been going??

is this your favourite class you have tried??
  • msleona2011
    msleona2011 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love Zumba!
  • whatamess00
    whatamess00 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have never tried Zumba but from what I see on the tube I think I would die after the first minute. I think one has to be active before beginning this type of exercise. My favorite type of exercise is dancing. I just purchased Dance 3 for Wii and I love it. Keeps me movin' and groovin'.
  • loseweightbrighton
    Options
    -whatamess00 (bet youre not)

thanks for your imput, would you feel comfortable going to a class in your area that was dance based but not too hard?
    or would you feel too embarrased??

have you tried any other classes before?

p.s. hows your weightloss going?
    xx
  • zariacook
    Options
    just dance is definitely a great exercise, and it just like zumba!:happy:
  • zariacook
    Options
    :happy:
  • whatamess00
    whatamess00 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I absolutely would go to a dancefit class. I had joined a dancefit class about 10 years ago. Then the program was cancelled. I live in Ontario Canada and there is a program which doesn't live up to my dance fit standards run out of the local community center. That's why I chose to purchase the wii dance fit cd and since I already had the wii, I thought, perfect!
    My new years resolution was to start moving. I have been very inactive, hence why I would die at zumba lol. I do have about 40 pounds to lose and I have lost about 5 so far. I am not concerned about how quickly I lose weight. I have lost and gained probably 100 lbs. over my lifespan. This time I will not deprive myself of anything. Life is getting shorter and shorter every day! I will try to incorporate healthy eating and moderate exercise into my lifestyle. I want this weight loss to last for the rest of my life and not just a temporary fix. I have had it with yoyo dieting.
  • HopeytheHopester
    HopeytheHopester Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have te Zumba game for wii! I LOVE it even though I don't play it that often... ( says sheepishly):love: