I did it!

Options
ewvmd
ewvmd Posts: 4 Member
I actually got my three yr old strapped into the stroller and my three month old slung in the Moby and went for a 3.5mile walk this afternoon! It is so difficult to get anything done during the day with the two of them, this feels like a huge accomplishment! Even though I spent most of the time pushing the stroller one-handed so I could support DS's wobbly head, 15 minutes into the walk, they both were asleep, and it was so PEACEful...

Anyone else challenged by the logistics of exercising with multiple little ones?

(a side NSV, when I put on the Moby after a couple weeks of not using it, the "tails" (the ends of the knot in the front) were several inches longer than they had been before. I re-tied the whole thing twice, thinking I had done it wrong, before I realized it must be because my "circumference" has gotten smaller!)

Replies

• lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishment! You should be very proud of yourself. I dont have multiples at home (just 1 child who is 15 months old) but I can definitely understand the challenges of trying to find the time to work out when you have kids tend to. I workout very early in the morning before my little one wakes up so I dont have to worry about it later on.

Good job:smile:
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Getting out there with two little ones must be tough! I have a hard enough time exercising with one :)

Great NSV, too!
  • helynn1217
    Options
    Exercising with 2 babies is sometimes impossible. I have a 2 year old & a10month old and just trying to get them to sleep/take naps in the stroller at the same time is quite difficult. When weather permits, I put my 23lb, 10 month old in the ergo baby & my daughter in the stroller and get outside regardless of who's crying.

When the weather is not so cooperative, I find myself having dance parties. I use my kids as weights (lifting/swinging) while singing or entertaining them. I put them in a box or tote and drag them all over the house.

Lastly, when my husband gets home from, I go to the gym. Sometimes by 5pm, my day needs to be over (because it does starts about 12hours prior!) and I never make it there. I forgive myself and try again the next day : )
  • aleatha5
    aleatha5 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yay for you! I have two littles (2 and 6 months) I find it really challenging to work out with them. Most days I work out to the wiggles you make me feel like dancing. And I never thought I'd be saying that!
  • danniellevigue
    Options
    I actually got my three yr old strapped into the stroller and my three month old slung in the Moby and went for a 3.5mile walk this afternoon! It is so difficult to get anything done during the day with the two of them, this feels like a huge accomplishment! Even though I spent most of the time pushing the stroller one-handed so I could support DS's wobbly head, 15 minutes into the walk, they both were asleep, and it was so PEACEful...

Anyone else challenged by the logistics of exercising with multiple little ones?

(a side NSV, when I put on the Moby after a couple weeks of not using it, the "tails" (the ends of the knot in the front) were several inches longer than they had been before. I re-tied the whole thing twice, thinking I had done it wrong, before I realized it must be because my "circumference" has gotten smaller!)

i love my moby wrap! my son is 21 months and still fits in it! :) i have a 4 year old as well. and i know, its hard to exercise outside of the house!