whos willing to give measurements?

Options
Ok i'll go first. Gonna try not to focus so much on weight and try and lose a few inches.

Height 5ft 10
Weight 154lb

Neck 13
Left Arm 11.5
Right Arm 11.5
Under boobs 32
Round boobs 38.5
Waist 30.5
Round belly button 38
Round bum 40.5
Hips 37
Left leg 23.5
Right leg 23.5

All measurements are in inches and round biggest part.

I'm gonna measure in every Mon and see how I go.

Join in if you wish

Loves from Donna

Replies

• alisadee
    alisadee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Height 5ft 11 and 1/2
    Weight 213lb

Neck 13
    Left Arm 13.5
    Right Arm 13.5
    Under boobs 36.5
    Round boobs 39
    Waist 36.5
    Round belly button 38
    Round bum 44
    Hips 42
    Left leg 25.5
    Right leg 25.5
  • xx_donna_xx
    Options
    Would you lose half a inch in many places in a wk? I've no idea x
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Height 5ft 9
    Weight 163lb

Neck 13
    Left Arm 10.5
    Right Arm 10.5
    Under boobs 34
    Round boobs 40
    Waist 31.5
    Round belly button 34
    Round bum 43
    Hips 37.5
    Left leg 24
    Right leg 24

Not sure how much you could lose in a week?!
  • dointhis4me
    dointhis4me Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Height 5' 9"
    Weight 145.8lb (hey that .8 counts! :D )

Neck 13.5
    Left Arm 10.5
    Right Arm 11
    Under boobs 30
    Round boobs 35
    Waist 28
    Round belly button 33.5
    Round bum 38.5
    Hips 36.5
    Left leg 21.5
    Right leg 21.5

I'm stoked to see that across the board I'm out of the 40's in measurements. My bf found our starting measurements from a failed first attempt at P90x back around July-ish and I was astounded to see the differences! To date that's a decrease of; weight 30lbs, L arm 2", R arm 2", chest 5", waist 8.5", hips 4.5", L thigh 4" and R thigh 4".
  • xx_donna_xx
    Options
    Ok so round my bellybutton is 38inches, my boyfriend sees this wrote down&is like that's massive, you need to work on that!!! Hes never said anything like that before, i'm really upset now
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Height 5ft 10
    Weight 168 lbs

Neck 13.5
    Left Arm 10.5
    Right Arm 10.5
    Under boobs 31
    Around boobs 38.5
    Waist 27.25
    Around belly button 30
    Around bum 37.5
    Hips 36
    Left leg 22
    Right leg 22

I'm sort of surprised to see a lot of my measurements smaller than women who weight a lot less, but I do have a low body fat % and a lot of lean muscle mass, so that must account for the difference.

When I started this journey, I had a 45.5" waist. Eeek! All over, I've shed a bit more than 90 inches. I actually don't care if I "shrink" anymore and don't want to lose any more weight, but since I am focusing on strength training at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if I shed an inch or two here and there. Hopefully some of it will come off my chest because I want to buy bras in the first quarter of the alphabet (my most recent fitting had me at a 32G) and, although I'm tall enough to avoid looking like I am going to topple over, I want them to be smaller.
  • xx_donna_xx
    Options
    You're alot smaller than me, but i'm a good bit lighter. I'd rather be smaller looking than lighter but hey ho it'll hopefully come. I think i've hardly any muscle cause i'm a big wimp, have no upper body strength at all.

How did you start working on the muscle?
  • CoryIda
    Options
    You're alot smaller than me, but i'm a good bit lighter. I'd rather be smaller looking than lighter but hey ho it'll hopefully come. I think i've hardly any muscle cause i'm a big wimp, have no upper body strength at all.

I think I am fortunate because I've always naturally been pretty strong. Other than fitness classes (Yoga, Zumba, Muscle Pump, Bums & Tums), I really hadn't done much as far as strength training until this past month. I won the Biggest Loser Tucson contest through my local news station and the prize was a month of personal training (3x/week) and a weekly visit with a nutritionist. Apparently the classes had already done a good job with helping me maintain muscle as I lost weight, but I'm learning a lot at the trainer.
    One thing is that it is better (and harder!) to do a few very slow reps (4 seconds up, 6 seconds down) than a bunch of faster reps. It works your muscles harder and also makes it easier to maintain proper form, which not only prevents injury but also ensures that you are working the right muscles.
    Also, the nutritionist told me that I should have a complex carb and protein at least an hour before any strength training and then, within 30 minutes of completing my workout, have something with a lot of protein. She said the reason for the second is that, when we do strength training, our muscles tear open with the stress and they contract back within about 30 minutes, but feeding your body protein can help fill in those tears before they contract, which helps build muscle AND it helps prevent soreness.
    Whew! That was long-winded - sorry! Hopefully it helps, though.
  • CoryIda
    Options
    Oh, to answer the ladies asking about how much you might lose in a week - not much as a general rule. If you want to avoid feeling frustrated, it is probably better to measure no more often than every 2 weeks so you can actually see real results.
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Height 5ft 11.75"
    Weight 164

Measurements as of 12/11/11, haven't taken them yet this month.
    Neck 13.75
    Left Arm 12.25
    Right Arm 11.25
    Under boobs 34
    Around boobs 39
    Waist 32
    Around belly button 38
    Around bum 41
    Hips 39.5
    Left leg 24.5
    Right leg 24
  • xx_donna_xx
    Options
    QUOTE:

I think I am fortunate because I've always naturally been pretty strong. Other than fitness classes (Yoga, Zumba, Muscle Pump, Bums & Tums), I really hadn't done much as far as strength training until this past month. I won the Biggest Loser Tucson contest through my local news station and the prize was a month of personal training (3x/week) and a weekly visit with a nutritionist. Apparently the classes had already done a good job with helping me maintain muscle as I lost weight, but I'm learning a lot at the trainer.
    One thing is that it is better (and harder!) to do a few very slow reps (4 seconds up, 6 seconds down) than a bunch of faster reps. It works your muscles harder and also makes it easier to maintain proper form, which not only prevents injury but also ensures that you are working the right muscles.
    Also, the nutritionist told me that I should have a complex carb and protein at least an hour before any strength training and then, within 30 minutes of completing my workout, have something with a lot of protein. She said the reason for the second is that, when we do strength training, our muscles tear open with the stress and they contract back within about 30 minutes, but feeding your body protein can help fill in those tears before they contract, which helps build muscle AND it helps prevent soreness.
    Whew! That was long-winded - sorry! Hopefully it helps, though.

Thanks so much for that.

Can I pick your brains a bit more please. I'm not able to get to the gym as I have a young son& when i'm not at work i'm with him so was wondering if you can rec any weights training I could do at home, I think resistance is enough but i'm prob wrong. Trying to think how I can gain muscle to burn fat but don't want to get bulky.

Thanks if you reply x
  • CoryIda
    Options
    Thanks so much for that.

Can I pick your brains a bit more please. I'm not able to get to the gym as I have a young son& when i'm not at work i'm with him so was wondering if you can rec any weights training I could do at home, I think resistance is enough but i'm prob wrong. Trying to think how I can gain muscle to burn fat but don't want to get bulky.

Thanks if you reply x
    Good news: It is almost impossible for a woman to get bulky unless she is consuming MASSIVE amounts of protein and doing TONS of strength training over a long period of time.

I'll get some exercise ideas for you and post them in a little bit. Have to get some work done first (booo!)
  • xx_donna_xx
    Options
    I REALLY appreciate that x
  • CoryIda
    Options
    I didn't forget, I just got distracted. I will probably have to post these in bits and pieces, but here are a few ideas:

Here is some recommended inexpensive "equipment" to try to have at home but, if you can't afford it, you can improvise:
    Exercise ball - this helps you with your form when doing squats (I'll post about those in a minute).
    Dumbbells/hand weights (light ones - 3ish pounds - and heavier ones - 10ish pounds). If you can't get these now, soup cans and gallon jugs will work, too.
    Resistance bands. You should be able to find them for under $10 and they are useful for many different kinds of exercises.
    A medicine ball or kettlebell is useful but, again, you can use a water jug (that's what I'm going to have to do).
    Your body! Yep, your own body weight works great for strength training.

Here are a couple of work-outs (I'll post more later):

1) Push-ups. If you can't do the real ones, that's ok. Actually, at my personal training sessions they have taught me how to do these AWFUL ones that actually have you on your knees with your butt up in the air and your shoulders a little further down. Basically, these are harder because gravity is also at work when you do them. Slowly lower your chest/chin to the floor and slowly raise up again - make sure your elbows are out and that you don't lean back into your butt - focus on getting your chest to the floor with your abs held tight. Try to do them 4 seconds down, 6 seconds up. The trainer said that 20 of these done properly works your muscles as much as 100 regular push-ups.

2) Squats. Proper form is VERY important as extending your knees beyond your toes can do serious damage to your knees (and you won't be working the right muscles anyway). Place an exercise ball between your back and a wall. Put your feet about hip distance apart, probably about at a 45 degree angle in front of you (basically, out a couple of feet). Slowly lower down - make sure you are keeping your back totally straight and basically keep pressure on the ball - your butt should not be sticking out, it should be pressing back - until you are parallel - 90 degree angle - your back should be parallel to the wall, your upper legs parallel to the floor, your lower legs parallel to the wall. Squeeze your glutes (butt cheeks) and hold for one count, then slowly raise up again - 4 counts down, 6 counts up. do not pause between reps - do one after another, slowly and focusing on form. For added resistance, hold light weights in each hand (hold them down at your sides) to help pull you down and increase the weight as your strength improves.

Another tip I learned - BREATHE! Take a deep breath at the bottom of any extension and then move back up with a full exhale - it helps oxygen get to your muscles, which is vital. Don't rush on your way back up on any exercise or use momentum - make the muscles do the work. If they feel like they are on fire - you are probably doing things right.
  • xx_donna_xx
    Options
    Ok i'll go first. Gonna try not to focus so much on weight and try and lose a few inches.

Height 5ft 10
    Weight 154lb

Neck 13
    Left Arm 11.5
    Right Arm 11.5
    Under boobs 32
    Round boobs 38.5
    Waist 30.5
    Round belly button 38
    Round bum 40.5
    Hips 37
    Left leg 23.5
    Right leg 23.5

All measurements are in inches and round biggest part.

I'm gonna measure in every Mon and see how I go.

Join in if you wish

Loves from Donna
  • xx_donna_xx
    Options
    1 week one day later measurements are

Height 5ft 10
    Weight 152 lb

Neck 13 (same)
    Left Arm 11.5 (same)
    Right Arm 11.5 (same)
    Under boobs 32 (same)
    Round Boobs 37.5 (1 inch off!)
    Waist 30 (.5 off)
    Round belly button 36.5 (1.5 off!)
    Round bum 40 (.5off)
    Hips 37 (same)
    Left leg 23 (same)
    Right Leg 23 (same)

So if my measurements are right that is 3.5 inches off in 8days!! Seems alot. How you all going?
  • ThinningDownChick
    ThinningDownChick Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Heigh 5'9
    Weight 148-151 (depends on time of month)

Neck 12
    Left Arm 11 (flexed)
    Right Arm 11.5
    Under boob 32
    Around boobs 38.5
    Waist 28
    Around belly button 29
    Around bum 38.5
    Hips 35
    Left leg 20.5
    Right leg 21
  • millie_de
    millie_de Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'9" (and 3/4 so almost 10" lol)
    Weight: 135 (GW: 120)

Neck: 13
    Left Arm: 11.5
    Right Arm: 11
    Under boobs: 28
    Round boobs: 34
    Waist: 26
    Round belly button: 29
    Round bum: 39
    Hips: 37.5
    Left leg: 19.5
    Right leg: 19.5
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I didn't forget, I just got distracted. I will probably have to post these in bits and pieces, but here are a few ideas:

Here is some recommended inexpensive "equipment" to try to have at home but, if you can't afford it, you can improvise:
    Exercise ball - this helps you with your form when doing squats (I'll post about those in a minute).
    Dumbbells/hand weights (light ones - 3ish pounds - and heavier ones - 10ish pounds). If you can't get these now, soup cans and gallon jugs will work, too.
    Resistance bands. You should be able to find them for under $10 and they are useful for many different kinds of exercises.
    A medicine ball or kettlebell is useful but, again, you can use a water jug (that's what I'm going to have to do).
    Your body! Yep, your own body weight works great for strength training.

Here are a couple of work-outs (I'll post more later):

1) Push-ups. If you can't do the real ones, that's ok. Actually, at my personal training sessions they have taught me how to do these AWFUL ones that actually have you on your knees with your butt up in the air and your shoulders a little further down. Basically, these are harder because gravity is also at work when you do them. Slowly lower your chest/chin to the floor and slowly raise up again - make sure your elbows are out and that you don't lean back into your butt - focus on getting your chest to the floor with your abs held tight. Try to do them 4 seconds down, 6 seconds up. The trainer said that 20 of these done properly works your muscles as much as 100 regular push-ups.

2) Squats. Proper form is VERY important as extending your knees beyond your toes can do serious damage to your knees (and you won't be working the right muscles anyway). Place an exercise ball between your back and a wall. Put your feet about hip distance apart, probably about at a 45 degree angle in front of you (basically, out a couple of feet). Slowly lower down - make sure you are keeping your back totally straight and basically keep pressure on the ball - your butt should not be sticking out, it should be pressing back - until you are parallel - 90 degree angle - your back should be parallel to the wall, your upper legs parallel to the floor, your lower legs parallel to the wall. Squeeze your glutes (butt cheeks) and hold for one count, then slowly raise up again - 4 counts down, 6 counts up. do not pause between reps - do one after another, slowly and focusing on form. For added resistance, hold light weights in each hand (hold them down at your sides) to help pull you down and increase the weight as your strength improves.

Another tip I learned - BREATHE! Take a deep breath at the bottom of any extension and then move back up with a full exhale - it helps oxygen get to your muscles, which is vital. Don't rush on your way back up on any exercise or use momentum - make the muscles do the work. If they feel like they are on fire - you are probably doing things right.

Thank you SOOOO MUCH for this!!! I'm starting on a strength training path at home as well (can't really afford a gym right now). I have 3 lb dumbbells, a medium resistant elastic band, and a exercise ball. I think I'm pretty good, just wanna get some heavier weights. I'm definitely gonna take your tips in hand! Since all i have are light weights, is doing more reps with lower weights about the same as doing heavy weights with light reps? I've been doing that and have definitely been feeling the soreness!
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Let me post my measurements too!:tongue:

Height 6 ft
    Weight ??? (I cut the scale out... but last time I checked I was 185 ish)

Neck 13.5
    Left Arm 11
    Right Arm 11
    Round boobs 35.5
    Waist 29.5
    Round belly button 31
    Hips 39.5
    Left leg 24.5
    Right leg 24.5