Introductions

Options
2»

Replies

• sassyshell
    sassyshell Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello folks. My name is Shelli aka Sassyshell. I am 42 year old mother of two amazing teenagers(14 girl and 13 boy). I have been married to an amazing man for 16 years. I have an extremely busy life working full time as a Social worker in a Senior retirement community(nursing home,assisted living..). My husband founded a church a year ago that is an hour from where we currently live so we travel a lot and are very busy with the church. My kids play sports year round through school, and AAU so that's non-stop.
    I was diagnosesd with Diabetes about a year and half ago and have been determined to beat it with diet and exercise. My numbers are within normal limits now and I will be off all medication on my next appointment.
    Weight has been an up and down issue my entire life but the diabetes diagnosis was the WAKE UP for me.
    I never really joined groups or added friends on MFP but this last week of meeting new people has been very inspiring.
  • trudemeanor
    trudemeanor Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Davina (trudemeanor), I live in Cleveland, Ohio. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor currently working as a School Based Therapist. I initially joined MFP in April 2011, but never really committed to using the website. However in December of 2011 I was encouraged by a friend to start using the site again. My initial weight loss goal is to lose 30lbs to get to 160 and then to go from there. I can honestly say that by just actively participating in the MFP community for the past few weeks has been very inspiring. I can’t wait to continue on this journey to better & healthy lifestyle.
  • JonathanMFP
    JonathanMFP Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Will likely post more at a future time, but just wanted to post a short "hello" to everyone. Looking forward to reaching my fitness goals in 2012!

And seeing you all reach yours, too... :smile:
  • JennyAnnLanders
    JennyAnnLanders Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is obviously Jenny. I'm a 54 yr old Mom of 4 grown daughters, married to the same man for almost 38 yrs....and I have gained a whole new me since! I've been asked where the old Jenny is a few times, I just tell them, she's still here, I just ate her!
    My ending goal is to be about 130# by our 38th anniversary in September of 2012. I have gained an average of 3.76 pounds per year over the 37.5 years we've been married. With having 4 awesome daughters, we haved 13 tremendous grandchildren! I want to have fun enjoying them and not just be a worn out ole grandma! And I want to enjoy having fun with my husband. I've lost 44.6 pounds since the end of June 2011 with another 60 pounds to go.
    I plan to continue walking, doing x-box kinect adventures, just dance 3, and other xbox dance things...and also the JM 6 week 6 pack. I rotate what I do so I don't get bored with them, or if my hubby wants to do certain xbox or just wants to work out with the machines we have here at home, that's what I do so we can spend time together! (we have an eliptical, air walker (like a gazelle), health rider and a treadmill.)
    I haven't looked completely through this group yet but I think I'm supposed to log what I've been doing, so I will eventually find it and get it logged! i do plan on 30 + minutes a day of exercise!!
    Thanks for the invite!
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am Punita..I wished I had just used that name instead of Nonafit which suddenly sound immature and cheap. Anyway I am with MFP since mid October 2011. The 1st month logging my intake and exercises I lost 5 kilos. Then followed by 2 months of plateau. That was a nightmare as I was working hard but had been slacking on food.

Anyway I got into the game again when I logged another 2 kilos lost last week. So I made some serious desicions...well serious enough for me.

First I made my food diary viewable to be more accountable of my choices just yesterday. Don't judge me though...just advise me. :huh: If you get what I mean....:ohwell:
    Second I finally set specific targets for weight loss goals. Ultimate to reach my ideal weight by New Year of 2013. That was something I dreaded to do as I am so worried that I will fail. I need friends whom will motivated me when I am down and kick my *kitten* when I am slacking and gives me thumbs up when I am doing good. I shall return the same favour.

Anyway...blast to past. I had been always slim and sexy :flowerforyou: all my life until I was 28. I had my baby :love: and couple of kilos. Problems with my then husband :cry: ...more kilos. Divorce and custody :brokenheart: .....even more and more kilos. Felt like **** and fat. :sad: ...ironically I added even more kilos.

Life was good for me though in many other ways :smile: ....so I just decided one day :explode: ......need to stop feeling like crap because I am not one. The only thing in my life that is making me feel like one is the WEIGHT. So addressing it.

I must have lost a few calories typing all the above. :wink:
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Angela. I'm a thirty-six year old mom of a five year old daughter, a wife and full time office worker. I was a tall skinny kid who bloomed late. I began gaining weight in college and kept slowly gaining for years. Having always been skinny as a child I never really learned proper eating habits. In May of this year I vowed to change and began running with C25K. I've branched out into other avenues now and am slowly but steadily losing. I am 16 lbs into goal #1, a 20 lb loss. From there who knows?

I look forward to the challenge with you all!