Welcome!

Options
_Khaleesi_
_Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
Welcome to the Magic of Disney World!

Let's get aquainted, shall we? Who are ya? Where are ya from? What's your Disney World history?

I'll start!

My name is Whitney (aka Jersey3025) and I am from Canada! I've been to Disney World in 1997, 2005 and will be going again for my Honeymoon!! Can't wait!

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm Q. And I cannot count how many times I've been to Disney World (specifically Magic Kingdom; I've only been to Epcot once). I used to live in Florida, so we went quite a number of times. The husband and I are planning a romantic trip for two this December, when it's all decorated for Christmas. Exciting!
  • JetzGurl
    JetzGurl Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm Kristi and also from Canada...20 minutes from Whitney, actually :smile:

I have NO Disney history and this makes me sad. Whitney has infected me with her Disney euphoria and now I fancy taking my kids there for a family holiday!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I have not been to Disney World *sad face* but have been to Disneyland. I have no doubt it is not the same experience, but was still remarkable to me.

Same as Kristi, I have been infected with the magic by Q. Husband and I have been hoping to go soon.
  • david581c
    david581c Posts: 337
    Options
    My nombre is David, live in southern california, about 45 mins from Disneyland.
    Im also insanely jealous of Those whove been to Disney World.

Been to Disneyland like 12 times in my life and know the park like the back of me hand.

Magic honeymoon @ the magic kingdom. Awesome.
  • DisneyAKL
    DisneyAKL Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My name is Brenda. I have been 15 times or so including for our Disney wedding. Another Disney bride told me about this site but I don't think she has found this group. I love talking Dianey!
  • melonsss
    melonsss Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    hi I'm jacqueline from Scotland, uk. I visited Disney world in 2010 and was hooked. family complain that I never stop talking about Disney world. I sooooo want to return. last year's holiday to st Lucia was not a match for Disney. so excited about this group.
  • wabtm
    wabtm Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi. My name is Toni. I am 39 and soon to be 40 in June EEK. My hubby and I love DIsneyworld. Have been 6 or 7 times. The last time being last October. We got married at the Royal Wedding Chapel on International Drive in 2007.

I found out about MFP on the DIBB forum. A Disney forum for Brits. A whole load of us have now joined MFP to help each other along.
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    Welcome guys!! So great to have you!!

We thought about a Disney Wedding, but the thought of the backlash from "eloping" made my fiance pale. lol. We settled for a lovely 11 day honeymoon instead :)
  • DisneyAKL
    DisneyAKL Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Jersey3025. Wonderful honeymoon spot:)
  • misspixiep
    Options
    Hi I'm katy 34 from sheffield,UK. I'm mum to two kiddies and married, we've been to disney florida twice and getting ready to go for a third time in July. This is the reason why I'm back on the diet...

I first heard of MFP about a year ago whilst on a UK Disney forum called The Dibb as mentioned above.

Look forward to chatting and passing on & getting tips.

Katy xx

P.s add me if you like the more the merrier lol!!!
  • redhotredneck
    redhotredneck Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Carol and I used to work for Disney World. in college, I did the Walt Disney World College Internship Program. It was the absolute BEST 6 months! We lived in apt complexs that only housed other internship students from all over the world and we had bus transportation to and from all Disney property. The last time i was down there was probably 8 years ago, but am starting the plan to go back for another vacation in about a year or so. :) I've been to Disneyland and California Adventure, but in my opinion - if you've been to Disney World first, then Disneyland will seem much smaller to you. Not that I'm bashing Disney land or anything, but I spent 6 months roaming Disney World (ALL properties that are part of that) and Disney Land/CA Adventure just seemed small in comparison. I don't have any of my pics in electronic format yet, that will be a project to come. If you've got questions about anything, I'm willing to answer to the best of my abilities!

Thanks! :)
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    Hi, my name is Carol and I used to work for Disney World. in college, I did the Walt Disney World College Internship Program. It was the absolute BEST 6 months! We lived in apt complexs that only housed other internship students from all over the world and we had bus transportation to and from all Disney property. The last time i was down there was probably 8 years ago, but am starting the plan to go back for another vacation in about a year or so. :) I've been to Disneyland and California Adventure, but in my opinion - if you've been to Disney World first, then Disneyland will seem much smaller to you. Not that I'm bashing Disney land or anything, but I spent 6 months roaming Disney World (ALL properties that are part of that) and Disney Land/CA Adventure just seemed small in comparison. I don't have any of my pics in electronic format yet, that will be a project to come. If you've got questions about anything, I'm willing to answer to the best of my abilities!

Thanks! :)

You just became the coolest person that I know. How did you score a job there?! It would be my DREAM to work there... honestly... if they need an occupational therapist, I am THERE
  • david581c
    david581c Posts: 337
    Options
    Ive known two people to work at Disneyland, they both complained but said they loved it.
    When i asked why they dont work there anymore, they get eerily silent :/
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    Ive known two people to work at Disneyland, they both complained but said they loved it.
    When i asked why they dont work there anymore, they get eerily silent :/

Lay offs? lol. I just can't imagine it being anything bad!!
  • tsornoza
    tsornoza Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My name is Terry and I am from New Jersey. I love Disney World. We go at least every 2 years. I have 3 children, ages 16,14, and 12. Their ideal vacation is always disney. The last time we went was August of 2011. We had a ball. We even took our dog, Hope, and she stayed at the WDW best friends pet care (www.bestfriendspetcare.com/waltdisneyworldresort ). We are looking forward to our 2013 vacation when my youngest graduates 8th grade and oldest 12th grade.

Thanks for the welcome!
  • tsornoza
    Options
    hi.

How did you get the internship? My son is a junior in high school now and maybe an internship can work for him.
  • redhotredneck
    redhotredneck Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Its strictly a college program. They usually have reps that travel to colleges around the world to interview kids at colleges to participate. I believe that they have a website not sure what it is anymore. Look for WDW College Internship Program. They should be able to provide a listing of the dates that recruiters are going to be at colleges.
  • tsornoza
    Options
    thanks for your reply... :)
  • oceanrose78
    oceanrose78 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am an official Disneyholic :).

I've been to Disneyland 3 times, twice as a kid, and then we spent 3 days there last June.

Disneyworld, I've been to 3 times as well, in 1994, then 2009, and 2010 we went and stayed on site as my brother has a DVC membership. In June we're going back for 15 DAYS (!) We stay at the Boardwalk, so are just a short walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, though my favorite park is Magic Kingdom.

I am addicted to trip reviews, to Disney reviews, and to knowing everything I can about the parks.

My challenge this year is focusing on staying on my plant based diet while eating Disney dining. That'll bring a whole new experience to the trip.
  • gaileo
    Options
    Hello -- I'm Gail from Kalamazoo, Michigan. I am definately a Disney freak. I have been to Disneyworld 6 times -- as a kid, 1989, 2006, 2008, 2010 and 2011. The last trip was to run in the Princess Half Marathon -- so much fun running down Main Street before the park opens! Now planning a trip with my husband and two daughters (12 and 9) for September to run in the Tower of Terror 10-miler and maybe back again next Jan. to run a half (husband wants to run the marathon).
    I love to plan Disney vacations -- I have helped friends plan and for a big family reunion trip in 2010. I admit I'm obsessed. So excited to see other Disney fans on MFP.