What's Your Favorite Ride .... Ever...

Options
_Khaleesi_
_Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
Throughout Disney World history, there has been many a fond ride to enjoy. Unfortuntely, some of the old "classics" have been retired to "revamped" beyond recognition. Out with the old and in with the new! So what are your favorite rides, both past and present? Which attraction did you ride over and over again? Which one made you scream, both out of terror and delight?

I have a lot of favorites. The list tends to keep going and going.

In Magic Kingdom my favorite is probably the Haunted Mansion. But with the new Little Mermaid ride coming, it could take top spot!

In Epcot, I love love love Mission Space. I rode it 6 times in a row, no wait, and that was before you could choose a "tame" version. It was balls to the wall 6 times over. LOVE.

In Hollywood Studios it has to be the Rockin' Rollercoaster starring Aerosmith. Not only am I a huge Aerosmith fan, but the coaster was loads of fun. Being blasted 0 -60 mph in 2.6 seconds was an incredible rush!!

In Animal Kingdom, I enjoyed the Kilaminjaro Safari's best. Expedition Everest wasn't completed when we were there last in 2005, and I can see it taking the top spot once we get there again in October.

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Space Mountain. No contest for me. My cousin and I (with our moms) went to Disney a lot together. We went once during 4th of July. While almost everyone in the park was watching the parade, we rode Space Mountain. It was so empty, we just got to stay in the car and loop around. It was fabulous. I think we rode it 6 or 7 times without even getting out of the car. I do remember the first time I rode it, however. I was very young, maybe 4 or 5. I wrapped my arms around the lap belt, shut my eyes tight, and kept shouting, "tell me when it's over!" Kinda pointless to shut my eyes when it's dark...but hell, I was young. By my next visit to Disney, it was my favorite ride.

I've only been to Epcot once, about 20 years ago. I do not remember a favorite ride. And I've never been to Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom. We hope to remedy that this December!
  • emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    SPACE MOUNTAIN!!!!!
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    Looks like two votes for space mountain! I loved it too, but the Haunted Mansion was something else... Creepy and funny at the same time. Man... I can't wait to get there... only 9 months away
  • david581c
    david581c Posts: 337
    Options
    Seeing people describe how awesome Disney World is...makes me freakout! I wanna go so bad now. Lucky ducks, im happy for u.

At Disneyland, i gotta go with my childhood nightmare, Indiana Jones ride! Even waitin in line is fun!
  • Qarol
    Options
    Disney World is pretty awesome, just from the sheer size of it.

But Disney Land has the Matterhorn. That's a pretty cool ride, from what I remember.
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    I have never been to Disney Land but I have been told that because of the sheer size difference, that it is "uncomparable." Apparently you don't get lost in another world there, like you do in Florida, because you can see the city outside of the park walls from time to time. *shrug* I still want to go!

Dave why don't you save up and come to DW?! It's SOOooooo worth it!
  • baddbob
    baddbob Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My favorite attraction to me the Pirates of the Caribbean. Now to make David581c feel better, Pirates at Disneyland is a longer and more immersive experience in my opinion. I like the one at Disneyland Paris as well. They are each enough different to make them worth a visit.
  • david581c
    david581c Posts: 337
    Options
    Road trip to florida!

Disneyland is all i know, i bet Disneyworld just makes it look like poo...but its my poo <3
  • melonsss
    melonsss Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    it's a small world. I am a coward with rides, but my daughter thought all rides where awesome
  • Qarol
    Options
    My favorite attraction to me the Pirates of the Caribbean. Now to make David581c feel better, Pirates at Disneyland is a longer and more immersive experience in my opinion.
    There's a restaurant in the ride, as well...you can eat on a balcony overlooking the ride. Only at Disney Land.
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    Pirates is an awesome ride. It's a total classic. Just like the Jungle Cruise!!!
  • baddbob
    baddbob Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    ......there is a restaurant in the one at Disneyland Paris as well,
  • redhotredneck
    redhotredneck Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    At Magic Kingdom - don't really have 1 favorite - Space Mountain, Jungle cruise, Pirates, teacups, I loved them all!

At Animal Kingdom - the safari was awesome! But so were the fun carnival rides that they have in the Dinosaur area of the park (I forget what they call that area, it was just opening when I was there....got to take part in the Cast Only opening! :) )

At Epcot - there aren't a whole lot of "rides" but there are a few small ones that are fun....can't remember the names

At MGM Studios - Rocking Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror! We'd go from one to the next and back again! :) But they also have the Star Wars "ride" thats pretty cool too!
  • gaileo
    Options
    Magic Kingdom -- Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, Pirates, Carosel of Progress (for the kitschy old timey feel)

Animal Kingdom -- Expedition Everest

Epcot -- Soarin' and Spaceship Earth

Hollywood Studios -- Toy Story Mania and Twilight Zone

I love everything, honestly -- well maybe not Aerosmith or Star Tours -- both make me feel sick :(
  • lizzybeth5983
    lizzybeth5983 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Magic Kingdom- Space Mountain and Pirates
    Epcot- Soarin' and Test Track
    Animal Kingdom- Dinosaur and Expedition Everest
    Hollywood Studios- Toy Story Mania ( i know there is still a huge line but it is AMAZING and FUN), Tower of Terror, and star wars
  • maggiemcd713
    Options
    My ALL TIME favorite ride would have to be Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!! What can I say, I love whiplash! lol. I am originally from California and now live in Florida, so here are my honorable mentions from both states! :)
    *Disneyland California*
    TIE- Matterhorn and Pirates of the Caribbean. Matterhorn because its a classic and Pirates because It's much better and longer than the WDW version and the restaurant inside, the Blue Bayou, is amazing!!!!
    *California Adventure*
    Soarin- I know the ride is the same at CA as it is at Epcot, but I think actually being in California makes me appreciate it more!
    *Magic Kingdom*
    Haunted Mansion, and with the new interactive Queue I love it so much more!!
    *Epcot*
    Test Track!!
    *Hollywood Studios*
    Rockin Roller Coaster
    *Animal Kingdom*
    Dinosaur (since its a lot like the Indiana Jones rides at Disneyland)
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    I am SO choked that Test Track will be down for maintenance when we go... I love that ride...
  • Disney2012
    Disney2012 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My favorites are:

Magic Kingdom - Space Moutain and Peter Pan (I have fond memories of this ride as a child & still love it)

Studio's - R&R Coaster and ToT

Animal Kingdom - Everest and Dinosour

Epcot - Soarin

I'm going to DL in Sept. and WDW in Nov. so I'm a happy camper!