BLACK TEAM WEEK 3 CHALLENGE

Options
jomom2
jomom2 Posts: 429 Member
OK BLACK TEAM I HOPE BY NOW YOU SAW THE NEW CHALLENGE PAM GAVE THE GROUP FOR THIS WEEK. I PERSONALLY THINK IT IS A GREAT CHALLENGE. REMEMBER, IF YOU CAN NOT FINISH 7 HOURS, TRY FOR AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE :happy:

SO I WAS THINKING ABOUT OUR CHALLENGE FOR THIS WEEK. I ACTUALLY TOOK THIS CHALLENGE FROM A FEW OF YOUR EXAMPLES:wink: SOME OF US ARE LOGGING OUR FOOD DIARY PUBLIC. I THINK THAT IS A GREAT IDEA AND KEEPS YOU ACCOUNTABLE FOR WHAT WE EAT.

*******IF YOU DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE SHARING YOUR FOOD DIARY, IT IS TOTALLY UP TO YOU*******

THE SECOND PART OF THE CHALLENGE IS SLEEP!! LET'S TRY TO GET AT LEAST 7-8 HOURS OF SLEEP. I KNOW FOR MYSELF IT IS REALLY HARD. I TRY BUT ALWAYS END UP STAYING UP PAST MIDNIGHT.

REMEMBER WE HAVE NEW TEAMMATES, LETS BEFRIEND EACH OTHER SO WE MAY BE THERE FOR EACH OTHER.
I HAVE TO SAY I LOVE MY TEAM, I SEE HOW SUPPORTIVE YOU ARE FOR ONE ANOTHER, INCLUDING ME! THANKS!:smile::smile:

HAVE AN AMAZING WEEK!!!

Replies

• marulop14
    marulop14 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    How do I make the food diary public?
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Who can argue with sleep. I love it but I am one that does NOT get enough. I will do my best but 7-8 hours a night i don't know what I will do with myself lol. I am one that keeps my diary private so I will not be opening it. So sorry!! i'm just not ready for all of that yet :). Good luck to everyone on this weeks challenges. Let's get it Black!!!
  • TiffanyW1014
    Options

Go to homepage, then settings it will give you an option to change diary settings. At the bottom you can choose which option you want.. Hope this helped!!
  • jomom2
    Options
    go to food then to settings and scroll down, its on the left hand side.
  • jomom2
    Options
    Who can argue with sleep. I love it but I am one that does NOT get enough. I will do my best but 7-8 hours a night i don't know what I will do with myself lol. I am one that keeps my diary private so I will not be opening it. So sorry!! i'm just not ready for all of that yet :). Good luck to everyone on this weeks challenges. Let's get it Black!!!
    Yes its hard for me to get the sleep in too LOL. That is fine that you keep your diary private, it is a hard thing to do. I am going to give it a try and see how it goes for me. Have a great week!
  • Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Yes its hard for me to get the sleep in too LOL. That is fine that you keep your diary private, it is a hard thing to do. I am going to give it a try and see how it goes for me. Have a great week!

Oh man I love sleep!! It's hard to get in a decent amount of sleep between studying and work, but there are those things called naps that i've heard of so I might give that a try;) yea it can be hard to have you dairy public. Sometimes I am not so proud of what I eat, but i know that I would eat a lot worse if I knew that no one but myself knew what I was eating, but I know not everyone feels that way.
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Yay for sleep! :smile:
  • gbloom182
    gbloom182 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! I've been wondering how to make my food tracking public.
  • JackieMac979
    JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My journal is public. I like being accountable - mostly to myself, but I find the comments others make on my eating behavior to be helpful. To be honest, I prefer to have MFP friends who share their journals too. Even if we follow different eating plans, it helps to see ideas for snacks, meals, etc. In the past 50 days I've been on this site, I've noticed many helpful comments about food choices. Those comments are made in a collaborative spirit and not in a critical one.

I'm going to shoot for between 5 hrs 15 min - 7 hours activity this week. I'm not supposed to go over 45 minutes of exercise a day on my program (because my calories are low, exercising too much can burn lean muscle mass instead of fat in my particular case) but sometimes I do go over that amount. The reason I've arrived at that first number: 45 minutes, 7 days a week is 5 hours and 15 minutes.

I will try to get more sleep! I am a night owl so I struggle with this too. I'll try to go to bed closer to my son's bedtime than my preferred bedtime. :)
  • just2liveagain
    Options

Oh man I love sleep!! It's hard to get in a decent amount of sleep between studying and work, but there are those things called naps that i've heard of so I might give that a try;) yea it can be hard to have you dairy public. Sometimes I am not so proud of what I eat, but i know that I would eat a lot worse if I knew that no one but myself knew what I was eating, but I know not everyone feels that way.

Yes it is scary :/ But I think I'll give it a try too, it may help me make better choices! I typically go to bed at 9 and wake up anywhere from 5-630 depending on what time the "hubby" gets up for work each day, so that's one challenge I don't have to worry about! And btw, I put hubby in quotes because we're not married, but we've been together so long and have 2 kids together so I feel awkward still calling him my bf at this point! haha, anyways, I love the group challenge, and i love the team challenge also, because I have thinking about opening up my diary to my friends for a few weeks now, so here goes nothin!
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm all over the 7 hours of exercise. That's an easy one for me. As far as the diary being public, it's not so bad. Mine has been public since day 1. It helps me remember that other people can see what I'm eating and I think twice about eating crap (which was a big problem this weekend). I love the sleep challenge. That's always been my problem. I stay up too late and get up too early. I love me some naps though.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    So, the baby had other plans for my sleep last night. I think I'm skipping my workout to take a nap. We shall see.
  • TiffanyW1014
    Options
    Well I am proud to say that I've gotten almost 2 hours of workouts in already this week and I made my diary public... The best part was i actually got 5 full hours of sleep!!! Gonna try to bump that up to 6 tonight and hopefully hit 8 hours this weekend!!! My hubby said he will try to keep the house quiet and get up with our daughter so i can rest.. After all I can't let my team down lol!!! Keep pushin hard Black... We've got this!!
  • LeighAnnaMS
    Options
    I have not been working out at all!! I MAY get in one or two days tops of about 30 minutes per week! I am soo bad with working out... I need to make that a priority for sure!

As for the sleep ...I typically get btw 7-8 hours, if I don't I am so useless it doesn't help anyone.

I haven't had my food journal public and I am not sure if I want to or not, I am going to sleep on it ;) and we'll see!

BTW - how is everyone doing with their water intake :drinker: ?? My water has been OK, not as good as week 1 when the challenge was to drink more!
  • LeighAnnaMS
    Options
    Alright team... I did it and opened my journal up to my friends. no judging ;) ... Hopefully you can get some ideas from it! ... I don't recommend the ice cream from last night though... those were terrible cals that I regret because the scale went up this morning... i am blaming that.
  • Timeformyself
    Timeformyself Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Getting between 7 and 8 hours of sleep may be difficult but I am going to give it a try! My food diary is already public, but now I have to really be vigilent about keeping it especially on the weekends. Those seem to be my toughest days.
  • jomom2
    Options
    Getting between 7 and 8 hours of sleep may be difficult but I am going to give it a try! My food diary is already public, but now I have to really be vigilent about keeping it especially on the weekends. Those seem to be my toughest days.
    I think weekend are the hardest too. I made a meal plan this morning, because we normally start off Friday nights with unhealthy dinners and snacks. So hopefully my family will follow my plan, or I will do it myself LOL
  • TiffanyW1014
    Options
    I can feel TOM coming on and I just can't fight it. I find myself eating everything in sight right now. Also I can't get enough pop. I ordered myself some Herbalife protein drink mix this week so hopefully I will get to hit that hard and lose something by Tuesday!! Good luck to all of you Black team members I know were gpnna take this weeks weigh in!!
  • Raspberrydelight
    Raspberrydelight Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey Black Team,
    I am MIA this week....both me and the baby have a terrible cold....so I am just focusing on trying to eat a bit but will not be taking part of the exercise challenge this week....Hope to be feeling better for next week :)
  • jomom2
    Options
    Hey Black Team,
    I am MIA this week....both me and the baby have a terrible cold....so I am just focusing on trying to eat a bit but will not be taking part of the exercise challenge this week....Hope to be feeling better for next week :)
    I hope you and your baby feel better. I know it's hard when you and your children get sick.