January - Monthly Challenge

Options
Hiya Everyone I hope you are all ready to get busy this coming new year, and stay on track with your health goals
I thought Id start a monthly thread instead of weekly.

This month lets ease into our year gently and aim for the 12 miles per week ... I know the scottish weather is beating down heavily this winter with wind and rain, so this is a realistic goal for me...I will step it up as the months progress

If you are just starting off on your journey to 10000 steps with you dog....Just log what you do, even if its just 15 minutes around where you live. Wearing a pedometer is really motivating. Wear it all day and see how many steps you take....
Our aim is 10000 including our dog walk. You might already do a great deal of walking in your job etc.

So 12 miles per week this month, break it up how you like, and dont stress if you cannot do it, nobody is judging you, just supporting your healthy goals

Happy Walkies
hugs
Chellesky

Replies

• chellesky
    Options
    Yay Oscar & Eddy & I managed our 2.1 miles today, the weather was sunny and it was a warm 5 degrees. It was great to get out and about again.
    How have you all got on today?

hugs
    Chellesky
  • chellesky
    Options
    Hey where are you all? LOL come and let me know how you are all getting on with your walks this week.

We managed 1.4 miles today, its been so cold and windy. The area we were walking around was so full of fallen trees, it was rather scary listening to the wind howl and creak the trunks. I wish is was spring, Ive had enough of this cold weather.
    Hope the weather is good for your walks....have fun hugs Chellesky
  • Crossone
    Crossone Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ScrewyChars-6185598
  • chellesky
    Options
    Hiya Crossone sounds like you all had a great time on your walkies, Penny sure is lots of fun.
    We managed to walk 6 times this week our usual 2.1 miles with Oscar & Eddy and Im so surprised that I actually met this challenge for the first time since I started the group. Must be the new year, new beginnings spurrring us on.

See you all in the boards this week... enjoy your walks, same challenge try to do your 12 miles, break them up any way you want to and let me know how much fun you are all having, enjoying the dogs and nature.

Hugs Chellesky
  • chipmunk70
    chipmunk70 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well we are now the 17th January, and so far this month I have walked 46 miles - so well on track for 12 miles a week :-)

How is everyone else doing ?

Cath
  • marytf
    marytf Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm doing great.. just done 3 miles with the dawg.
    Love dog walking... :heart:
  • chellesky
    Options
    sounds like you have been having great walking days Cath & Mary x C