Strategies

Options
aash28
aash28 Posts: 85 Member
Let us know what your plan is to get these last few pounds off!

Replies

• bayleeboosmom
    bayleeboosmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have always done weight watchers, but I love the calorie counts and such on here (and it's FREE) I know WW like the back of my hand, it's just putting it into motion. Trying to drink more water, eat more fruits and veggies and less sugar... and exercise at LEAST 3x a week, but really would like to do more. Just have to start somewhere.
  • aash28
    Options
    I started the 17 Day Diet on January 1. If you haven't heard of it, let me know and I can send you a lengthy message about it. The word "diet" within the title is a little misgiving; it's hardly a "diet" and way more of a healthy, clean eating plan. I was (and likely still am) very carb. and sugar dependent. This program is by Dr. Moreno. It was on Dr. Oz, which, if you watch the show, they don't regularly have diets on there; that being said, I knew that there had to be less fad to it and more science.

It teaches you how to eat, which is something that I desperately needed to learn. Initially it's pretty cleansing; you eat natural foods (Yes! You actually get to eat while on it!) and your body releases some of the crap that you've been enjoying.

I lost 5.4 lbs. in one week. Now, before you get worried for me, I ate anywhere from about 1,100 (and that's only because I woke up late) calories to about 1,400 calories. Calorie restriction is not a part of it, so you're comfortably full and energized every single waking moment. I have 5 more days on Cycle 1 before I move onto the 2nd Cycle, which reintroduces even more healthy foods to my body.

I'd recommend this plan to Jesus if he had a weight problem.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I have used the Jay Robb Fat Burning Diet in the past. It is a great plan and basically a healthy eating lifestyle. It incorporates a high protein/low carb meal plan. He has a 3 day fruit flush which is a good way to jump start and to flush toxins and cravings from your body. I am currently implementing his eating plan with watching my calorie intake, and getting back into working out consistently again.

I would be interested in teh 17 day diet though - could you inbox me some details?
  • kimborious
    Options
    I ate 100% raw for all of December and felt good, but I know I need protein to lose pounds. I am now about 70% raw adding in some cheeses and definitely chicken. Eating clean is working really well for me. I net anywhere from 1100 to 1250 calories per day and work out 5-6 days per week. So far so good!
  • JoKeFi99
    JoKeFi99 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My MIL did the 17 day diet and she lost 17 pounds thoughout the 3 phases and ist maintaining now. She said it was easy and it does not feel like a diet at all. But she has better willpower than me when it comes to eating - that's for sure.
    I try to cut out the bad carbs which is hard beacuse I love bread and potatoes and rice. So my plan is to watch the carb and sugar intake and work out more. I actually like to work out but sometimes just don't have the time. I try to go at least twice to the gym and other than that I try to walk a lot.
  • ChickaDee2012
    ChickaDee2012 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That 17 day diet sounds interesting! My plan is to eat healthy, eat a higher protein level, and less fat and less carbs, while sticking to the calorie goals determined by this site....so far it's a base of 1200 calories. Along with eating protein, I'm going to try eating enough veggies/greens for at least 2 of my 6 meals, targeting 8 glasses of water and feeling well-rested. Kind of basic, but the challenge I think is to choose food that's good for you, within the 1200-1300 calorie mark. Then there's exercise...I haven't gotten the swing of it yet or gone crazy with it yet, but that will come. For now, I'm focusing on a good diet...and then exercise in the coming weeks. I'm not putting too much pressure on myself, as that might be discouraging for me. So I'm enjoying the food (at a lower calorie count) and looking forward to a healthy diet. And so far I'm not feeling hungry much at all! Soon, I'll incorporate the exercise plan...more to come :)
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I'm taking Safflower oil 2x a day

Align probiotics daily

My vitamins religiously

Eliminating white carbs pretty much completely (with a few cheats here and there but MINIMAL cheats)

Eating low carbs (so even whole wheat, brown rice I'm eating maybe once a day if that)

Eating decent portions, and watching calories

Working out 1-2x a day when I can.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I started the 17 Day Diet on January 1. If you haven't heard of it, let me know and I can send you a lengthy message about it. The word "diet" within the title is a little misgiving; it's hardly a "diet" and way more of a healthy, clean eating plan. I was (and likely still am) very carb. and sugar dependent. This program is by Dr. Moreno. It was on Dr. Oz, which, if you watch the show, they don't regularly have diets on there; that being said, I knew that there had to be less fad to it and more science.

It teaches you how to eat, which is something that I desperately needed to learn. Initially it's pretty cleansing; you eat natural foods (Yes! You actually get to eat while on it!) and your body releases some of the crap that you've been enjoying.

I lost 5.4 lbs. in one week. Now, before you get worried for me, I ate anywhere from about 1,100 (and that's only because I woke up late) calories to about 1,400 calories. Calorie restriction is not a part of it, so you're comfortably full and energized every single waking moment. I have 5 more days on Cycle 1 before I move onto the 2nd Cycle, which reintroduces even more healthy foods to my body.

I'd recommend this plan to Jesus if he had a weight problem.

Hmmm I'm going to look it up.
    i LOVE Dr. Oz.
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    i'm going to be staying within my calories, and I will only eat my workout calories if I am still hungry. i will probably allow myself at least one cheat meal or cheat window a week, but I need to get 7 days under my belt first. i plan to run 3 - 4 days a week. and I just found out about the 4-minute tabata workout that supposedly is awesome, so I'm going to try to do that 3 times a week, as well.
    i am going to just aim to be way more active - i have 2 kids and they love when I go outside and play with them! my 7 yr old son loves to ride bikes, rollerblade, and play basketball, and he's always looking for someone to play with him, so i think that's an easy one right there. plus, add in all the housework i gotta do - basically, move move move and don't be lazy! i can rest when i weight 125 or less :D
  • JoKeFi99
    JoKeFi99 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi

I was wondering if anyone has heard about this book or even read it? Is it good?

Tom Venuto
    The Body Fat Solution: Five Principles for Burning Fat, Building Lean Muscles, Ending Emotional Eating, and Maintaining Your Perfect Weight
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I started with baby steps as I had gotten into some really bad habits the last year and a half. In December I joined a personal training class in Excelsior at the Community Center. I wish ya'll lived closer - its a great class and not expensive. So my first goal was to make it to class 3 times a week, start using MFP to log all my food even though I wasn't really "dieting", I just wanted to get in the habit of logging. Then in January my goal was to stay within my calorie range and to start walking on my lunch hour each day at work. Last week, I made myself step on the scales (which I didn't want to do). But now I have a weight goal to shoot for each week.

So I have accomplished:

I get to the my class 3 times a week (unless we are out of town or have something I can't miss on Fridays).

I log all my calories and I have been staying pretty close to my range, as I try to eat back at least half of my exercise calories. (I don't necessarly strick log - I haven't been logging my alcohol intake so I know I've had more calories than it looks.) I do need to start logging every day - even on the weekends. I do try to give myself one day off of loggin (cheat day), but I've been doing two day - Sat. and Sunday and I need to only give myself one day - not two!

I walk on my lunch hour every day for about 30 to 45 minutes depending on what time we get out of here for lunch.

I have stepped on the scales and I now know what my weight loss goals are.

What I want to accomplish the next month:

Continute to get to my work out class but add at least 2 days to the gym at night (with my husband hopefully!).

Continue to log my calories but focus on cutting down my preservative foods/carbs and to only allow myself ONE day of not logging - not two or three.

Continue to walk on my lunch hour - but add in a morning walk, even if its only 20 min. to get up and moving.

For the scale to keep going down - even if its only .5 a week!

Water - I really need to start drinking more water. I do good in the evenings - but I need to start drinking in the mornings too.

I have a receipe for a belly blaster water drink I'm going to make it up beginning on Monday and try to drink it every day as it says and see what happens!

Its:
    2 liters of water (about 8 1/2 cups)
    1 tsp of freshly grated ginger
    1 med cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
    1 med. lemon, thinkly sliced
    12 small spearmint leaves

Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and let flavors blend overnight in the fridge. Strain the ingredients out of the water the next morning and drink all 2 liters by the end of the day.

Going to try drinking that mixture and see if it does any good next week.
  • aash28
    Options
    Update: I have reached my goal! I actually don't have more weight to lose! I lost in 29 days what I had been trying to lose for a year, all thanks to the help of the 17 Day Diet. I highly recommend 17DD to everyone who struggles with what to put on their plate on a daily basis!
  • Leese4
    Leese4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Started 17 day diet today! Thanks aash!