GREEN TEAM: Week Three!!

Options
First, just in case the site ever goes down again, here is my email: thedomestichick@gmail.com.

Second, a mighty big welcome to our wonderful new team members!! Some are here from the Blue Team and we are so glad to have you joining us. Some of you others are brand new to the challenge, filling in newly open spots. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions. :HUGS: I have some green shirts on another thread, so feel free to grab one for your icon/avatar if you like! I will also send you one if you are one of our TOP THREE or you are our "MOTIVATOR of the WEEK". I am also trying to make up banners for those who are at the top this week. Each week I will try to find a little something to reward the hard work those at the top are putting into this challenge.

Third, I think you have all seen our weigh-in thread. Please make sure you post by 5PM Eastern US time tonight. I will be sending the info to Pam at 7PM, so if you can't post by 5PM PLEASE contact me through message or email. :wink:

Fourth, our CHALLENGE will also be on this thread. This week there are two aspects to our challenge:

PHYSICAL: Pick one body part for the week, and each day post what you did to tone and tighten that particular area. For me, it's my core. So each day I will post what activity I have done to strengthen it - today it was yoga. And I am feeling it!

MENTAL: Each day post something POSITIVE about yourself. Something you like or you notice that is GREAT and AWESOME about you!! ALL of you have something wonderful, so be sure to notice it and make sure everyone else does as well. Sometimes when we get overweight, all we see is the excess weight and fat. There is more to all of us than just that - let your own light SHINE!! For me, it's my eyes. Today I am going to remember that I have pretty eyes and I need to drink water so they will shine.

Have an awesome week!!!!

Replies

• 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I am also doing yoga today for my core. I have a new yoga video to try out. :) I love my sense of humor. It makes my family laugh and be silly, and helps me cope while working crazy days with young children. Life really is so much about attitude. Having fun makes for a joyful day!7640281.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    This week I will be working my arms. They are so weak and can use the strength training. Here are today's stats:

Jan 17:
    Bicep Curls: 100
    Tricep Curls: 100
    Dumbbell Press: 100
  • marian723
    marian723 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am new to the green team, sorry that I was so late posting. I am super excited to be on the team. If anyone wants to add me please do.
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Hello! I am new to the green team, sorry that I was so late posting. I am super excited to be on the team. If anyone wants to add me please do.

Welcome to the Green Team!!
  • raven23uk
    raven23uk Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I'm working my core muscles todays cause their so weak. The positive thing for today is that 2 people couldn't believe my age, quoting that I have no wrinkles. Just finishing my 2 litres of water.
  • Jennycyr
    Jennycyr Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Well this week my challenge is to do the "INSANITY" workout everyday, I don't have a focussed part of the body. Determination is my positive strenght this week!! I'm on Day 2 and so far so good! :happy:
  • vessd1
    vessd1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    UGH--- I didnt loose a pound...im still at 232lb :'(
  • carrielynn62
    carrielynn62 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi, I ,m knew to the green team. I,m also doing my abs this week. I did 45 min. of yoga today. I've been told I have a nice smile.
  • gettinfit29
    gettinfit29 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Arms this week, and the rest of my life!

Working it!
  • Ngwarai2012
    Options
    Hi team! ... and thanks, Carla, for everything you're doing for the Green Team!

Physical: I'm focusing on my chest and shoulders for this week (and many more weeks to come). Today I did A LOT of bench presses and chest presses in the gym ... I think I may have overdone it on the weight though - I'll be sore tomorrow for sure :grumble:

Mental: I'm quite proud of how consistent I've been with the diet and exercise ... I've last 3 weeks now - which is about 2 weeks and 5 days longer than I usually last :smile:
  • mtourtillott
    mtourtillott Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm new to the green team as well. Feel free to add me as a friend, the more support the better right?

Physical: This week as always I'm focusing on my core. I've done 100 crunches and figure I will be sore in the morning. No pain, no gain!

Mental: I've always been complimented on my baby blues! Eyes are the windows to ones soul, so I'm hoping to make my outside as beautiful as my inside.
  • marian723
    Options
    I will choose my arms. I will do my arm routine.

I am proud that I am sticking with this. I am still very motivated.
  • marian723
    Options
    That is great that you are sticking with this. I am the say way, I dont tend to stay focused ffor very long. Great job with your progress.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I did 25 minutes of pilates for my core today. I love my eyes. They are the same color as my mother's and grandmother's who have passed away... so my eyes remind me of them.
  • tjhindman
    Options
    UGH--- I didnt loose a pound...im still at 232lb :'(

Don't lose your momentum! I only lost 1 pound last week and got up this morning to see a 3 pound loss.......keep it up, it will come!
  • tjhindman
    Options
    I will focus on my legs for this week by riding my new exercise bike my wonderful husband bought me for Christmas.....yes, I asked for it! LOL.......

I like my hands......they remind me of my mom who passed away in 2000.....I have actually lost enough weight now that I was able to wear one of her rings today that she gave me just before she died......made me smile all day to see it.
  • carrielynn62
    Options
    I have been out of town today, so this morning I walked 25 min. at 3mpr and tonight I put in 55 min. on the elliptical. I also had 64 oz. of water so far today. It's been a beautiful day.
  • carrielynn62
    Options
    I,m focusing on abs, I did 125 crunches tonight
  • Kristinagreen47
    Kristinagreen47 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I will be focusing on my abs this week considering that's my main concern after having my son and extra skin there:(

My favorite quality is my ability to make people laugh and smile. I've always been told that my laugh is contagious and I make people feel happy to be around me, making a difference in peoples lives and caring for and about others has always been one of my main focuses. This quality can also be one of my biggest weaknesses BC I put others first before myself
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I will be focusing on my abs this week considering that's my main concern after having my son and extra skin there:(

My favorite quality is my ability to make people laugh and smile. I've always been told that my laugh is contagious and I make people feel happy to be around me, making a difference in peoples lives and caring for and about others has always been one of my main focuses. This quality can also be one of my biggest weaknesses BC I put others first before myself
    That is a great quality. You do sound fun to be around! :)