Hello Everyone!! I am a newbie :-)

Options
Hello Everyone,

I just joined this website-thanks to my encouraging mom! I am a Christian women who was blessed with 2 wonderful kids and a loving husband. My husband and I were "high school sweethearts" and have been together for over 15 years and have been married for 5 years. We grew up together and in turn came to Christ together. Techinically he was saved first then saved me! Our children are 4 and 2 and I just started home schooling our 4 year old. I have been blessed to be able to stay-at-home with them both since they were born. I love every minute of it! Although they keep me very active I have struggled with loosing all the baby weight. I am hoping this website and this group can help encourage me to finally get 'er done! :-) I look foward to chatting with you all and please feel free to add me as a friend, I can use all the help I can get! With God all things are possible!

I am still kinda a newbie Christian and would love to know any of your favorite encouraging Bible Verses, I plan to plaster our home with them! :-)

Replies

• calpollyana
    Options
    Welcome little sister in Christ! Becoming a disciple of the Lord Jesus is the single most life altering event...EVER! :smile:
    Now that you have the Holy Spirit, you have an inner strength that you wouldn't believe. You are not alone in your quest to lose the weight. When you are tempted, you can cry out for deliverance. You can ask for divine help any time day or night. You will be able to look an oreo in the eye (as I did yesterday) and say, " Lord Jesus, help me!"

I have been homeschooling for 10 years, and being home all day with the food is tough, but greater is He who lives in me than he who lives in the world!

May your new life in Christ be an amazing adventure, and welcome to the family!

Blessings,
    Rhonda
  • calpollyana
    Options
    I forgot to give you one of my favorite verses, and I just realized how appropriate it is for one who is trying to lose weight:

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

-Matthew 11:28-30
  • mamaw53
    mamaw53 Posts: 71
    Options
    Welcome to this site. It will be a real blessing to you on your journey to good health. I have so many favorite Bible verses, here is one:

Isaiah 40:29
    He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

So many times I have to come to the Lord for strength and this is what I pray.
    God bless you!

Rhonda
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Recently this verse helped me with understanding why do I have to do this, again, weight thingy...
    Proverbs 4:20-27 speaks if guarding my heart for it is THE well spring of life. Guard my heart of the don't want to, how comes, nobody else has to do this, etc. mentality and that fed my heart. Guarding my heart is the Well, it is a spring-meaning new/refreshing/restoring and that is life! Living does not mean always concentrating or fussing I need to lose weight year after year (I speak for myself here, lol). Sorry I got a little windy here but it made so much sense for mean as opposed to "willpower". Blessings!
    bobbinalong
  • lalalee13
    lalalee13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I pray that you are strongly encouraged in your journey with Christ. May your trust in Him increase and may you
    know His goodness and His love for you in deeper ways than ever before!

"You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!"
    Isaiah 26:3

"The joy of the Lord is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10
    "In His presence is fullness of joy." Psalm 16:11

"I came that you might have life and have it abundantly." John 10:10

"Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom!" 2 Corinthians 3:17
  • Superwoman79
    Superwoman79 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I pray that God will enlarge your territory as you continue to seek him more and more each day. God is truly amazing even when we feel we don't deserve it. He still has his arms open and calling our name. There is no greater LOVE than this!

I love the the entire chapter of Romans 12 but I will just leave you with verse 1 and 2.

Romans 12: 1-2
    1. I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.

2. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good an acceptable and perfect will of God.

Love, prayer and support to you my sister in Christ,

Rhonda W.