Rants/let off steam....

Options
I have a 5.5 years old GS girl dog - photos on "Show us your pets" here if anyone wants to see my furbabe....

Was walking with Zara in Wanstead Park - as we normally do, Zara off lead minding her own business...

I saw a smallish, terrier type dog in a distance watching us (owner a fair bit away from the dog) , something about the dog did not feel quite right so called Zara to me, took her by the collar and made her sit. She did.

The dog is getting closer and is now growling at Zara - I have her by the collar just in case, dog'w owner trying to call her dog off, dog has gone deaf.

Owner trotting over our way - by that time the dog is barking and trying to nip Zara's legs - Zara is sitting by me and paying no notice and still have her by the collar.

Dog is circling Zara and growling and trying to nip.

Owner within ear shot so I shout "shuh, go away or Zara will eat you if you are attacking her" - hell broke loose at that point.

Woman - He is a puppy he just wants to play I am going to report you for having a dog that could eat my dog.

Me - My dog is under control, yours is not.

Woman - He only wants to say hello and play, he is only a puppy.

Me - Your puppy is circling around my dog, growling and trying to nip

Woman - Go back to your bl..........y country.

My jaw dropped at that point.

That from someone who has ZERO control over her dog who may be a puppy BUT was growling, circling and trying to nip MY dog while MY dog was sitting nicely next to me AND was being held by the collar.

Where do those people come from??????

Replies

• Alachofra15
    Alachofra15 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    oh no way...

pffft some people are just &&***& and that's all there is to it...
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options

Woman - Go back to your bl..........y country.

Oh, when's she going back to hers? She's aware that all humans come from the same place right? What a nasty woman, well done for keeping your temper! I'm sure I'd have had less restraint.
  • Anna_43
    Anna_43 Posts: 117
    Options
    Well, her dog was out of control, mine was sitting nicely next to me, she had no valid argument so went for whatever her little brain could think of.

BTW - I have lived here since 1991, originally from Poland....

Walking in those woods for the past 5 years, never seen her with her "puppy" before...

Next time I see her and this dog is doing what he was doing today - she will get a proper mouthful.

Today there were 2 guys with a small kid around so I was veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy goooooooooooooooooood.

But now I know what she is like - let's hope she never crosses my path again.
  • Ant_the_old_keith_lemon
    Options
    while we are on the rant topic...

women, please answer this

does "i will let you know if i am going out with you later"
    actually mean
    "its obvious i am not going out with you later but if i am i will let you know"

beacuse thats what she said it meant haha.... so i am supposed to wait for a phone call and go running,,,, nah... why not just say "something has come up can we do it another time"
  • Anna_43
    Options
    while we are on the rant topic...

women, please answer this

does "i will let you know if i am going out with you later"
    actually mean
    "its obvious i am not going out with you later but if i am i will let you know"

because to me it makes it sound like you can wait on the end of my string and if i pull it you come running....

Ermmm nope - it does not mean what you think it means ... it simply means "I am not interested, next pls"

Sorry but sometimes it is easier to call it what it is....
  • Anna_43
    Options
    YOu have changed your post while I was typing a reply above - still, same applies.
  • nothingisred
    Options
    What an awful woman! You're right, she had no argument so just resorted to pettiness, but I absolutely cannot abide by racism of any kind, it's the tool of the ignorant and there's never any reason for it. Same goes for homophobia, sexism, ageism etc.

And she obviously has no idea how to care for her dog, if she was treating it properly it wouldn't be acting like that in the first place.

@keith_lemon (haha love that username) yeah, it does just mean not interested really :( tbh, someone who is going to mess you around like that isn't going to be worth your time, even if you really like them, I've learnt that the hard way!
  • chiverly
    chiverly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Know how you feel, when walking my dogs, both on their leads, down a deserted country lane, this little dog came from nowhere and attacked them. The owner eventually turned up and said "oh, he doesn't like to see dogs on leads, it upsets him, if they were free he'd be ok".

You can imagine.... we were on a road (ok, not a busy one) and she suggested I should let my dogs loose so as not to be attacked by hers!

My little girl dog won't walk down there now without shivering and cowering behind me. Some people!!!