My MS Yoga

Options
Has anyone done My MS Yoga? It was a free DVD from Biogen. I've started doing it and feel pretty good afterward. A couple times today I had to stop because my legs were going numb, but I pushed through!

I also have a Fitness with Katrina DVD that was free from Biogen as well (I think). Haven't tried that one yet.

Replies

• psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I ordered it I think months and months ago but never got it :grumble: I'm not really mad, I just like to use the smiley faces :bigsmile:

I just ordered Jillian Michaels yoga and am really excited about it, should get it on Saturday! :happy:
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    I have not tried that, but will keep my eyes out for that one. I do love the P90X yoga and the X stretch a lot. Took me awhile to work up to being able to do the yoga but it was quite beneficial for me. I notice a huge difference in my balance and less falls when I am doing yoga.
  • huds_mommy
    Options
    I ordered it a few months ago too and never got it. I have decided i'm gonna look into some other yoga videos too. Let me know how the Jillian Michaels works out for you.
  • SuperTonya3
    Options
    Seems that a lot of people ordering it never get it. Odd.

I have a Jillian DVD, but not a Yoga one. She's a little too intense for me. If I work too hard, I get very dizzy and feel faint.
  • Aglanzberger
    Aglanzberger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the firm power yoga. I'm fairly new to yoga so keep that in mind though... It's more Hatha than Vinyasa so if you've been diong yoga or are super in shape it might be better to just use it for those slower days when you really just want to stretch.
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I didn't know about the My MS Yoga. I'll see if I have any luck ordering it.

I did try signing up for a hatha yoga class but they don't seem to have any geared for people who work full time. The after work classes all start at 5 or 5:30 and I'm rarely home much before 5:30 and I still have to prepare supper for the family. I tried a drop in class on Sundays but they lock the door as soon as they reach the limit of people so it's a real crap shoot whether you get there in time. Maybe a video at home is the answer.
  • carilyn39
    carilyn39 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I ordered it a few months ago too and never got it. I have decided i'm gonna look into some other yoga videos too. Let me know how the Jillian Michaels works out for you.

jillian is tuff. hers i think is more of a cardio yoga. i like yoga that stretches and strengthens the mucsels but also relaxes me. jillian is not a relaxing person. hahaha....
  • f4ybo
    f4ybo Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,im newly diagnosed,my dads going to start coming round to teach me yoga but after reading this i feel there must be certain excercises to help ms?!iv just tried ordering this dvd off biogen but laptop says unsecure network,does anyone know anywhere else u can order it plz?
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what other site you can buy it at...sorry to hear about the new diagnosis ;( but you're in the right place! ;)

I think the idea behind yoga is that it helps with stretching, flexibility, relaxation, balance. The other thing with strength training is strengthening your core intrinsic muscles which also helps with balance. Those are things to focus exercises on if you want to be specific to MS related issues.

Will add you as a friend!
  • zb357
    zb357 Posts: 9
    Options
    I ordered it too, when it was offered, but haven't recieved it either....I've just written it off as a 'no show'...I have been doing some light weight lifting on a universal weight bench I have with arm exercises, and a leg curl bar...Also I got the Dance 3 Game to go with my Wii unit and it is fun dancing, altho' exhausting, but I am limited by some of the other things I can tackle so this seems to be working for me for my initial work outs. :tongue: Happy to meet everyone, I'm new here but was diagnosed way back in '92..seems my weight started to 'grow' since I quit work back in 2003!