PAGAN AND PROUD?

Options
Are you Pagan and Proud? Please friend me, we can have some really cool discussions about Pagans and the LGBT community. What path do you follow? I am pretty eclectic. Started out as a Christian who attended Baptist, Christian, Methodist and Catholic churches searching for something that fit my logical mind. I began studying Astrology and Tarot in the early 80's. I turned to Buddhism, studied Baha'i, investigated Spiritualism. In fact, I was one course short of becoming a Minister in that church before my (then) husband protested because he thought that would lead to less sex for him. HUMPH. Anyway, that lead me to Metaphysics, Jung and Joseph Campbell.. I was introduced to Wicca by my current (lesbian) partner, and have studied Wicca (three different traditions), and Witchcraft (no babies were harmed...lol). Too much to go into at one time, but anyone want to talk?

Replies

• Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I am afraid I am not pagan. My ex was and ever since then I had no desire to even learn about the practice. I respect all religions, though :)
  • blissfuldrake
    blissfuldrake Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the vote of inter-faith inclusion. That's all we ask for, really. Acceptance is such a big word, but it is vital in our society. As for your pagan ex-...there are many, many types of paths under the Pagan umbrella...almost as many as the number of Baptist denominations..:laugh: ...I'm joking, really.... What path did your ex follow?.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Options
    He followed Wicca. He was only doing it to try to fit in, and not because that was what he believed. Basically he watched The Craft and decided that he was Wiccan. Now he is a borne again Christian because his second wife and her friends are ( I was his first wife).
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Pagan and proud here!!!
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Options
    Thanks for the vote of inter-faith inclusion. That's all we ask for, really. Acceptance is such a big word

Jesus teaches us to love others as ourselves. I try to accept and love everyone as He loves me ( haven't quite gotten the love myself thing yet). As a nurse I work with all walks of life so tolerance and acceptance comes with the job. :) I am not perfect, but I really try to adhere to that at least!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    practicing pagan here! i find, at least in my area, that most pagans are LGBTQ+ so i'm really surprised that there are so few on here.
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I can't necessarily call myself Pagan, though others seem to, and I can't say it bothers me. There are worse things I could be called. From the [limited] knowledge I have of Paganism - and its many denominations, I don't think I quite 'fit the bill'. My bf, however, LOVES to tell his VERY Christian mother that I'm Pagan. :laugh: Needless to say, that didn't go over very well at first. Haha!
  • KrimsonFury1
    KrimsonFury1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am exploring at this stage in my life. I am very interested in sharing and learning... Add me if you would like.
  • evie70
    evie70 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I struggle with spirituality of any kind at this point. I used to be a born again, and married,then I fell in love with a woman. I'm ignorant when it comes to Paganism. I have a deep respect for Buddhism and believe in karma and the such. I guess I believe that we determine the energies around us and are the direct cause of the outcomes in our lives. I always thought Pagan seemed like such a harsh word. Can you explain it more to me?
  • crownedone
    Options
    Great topic. I was a practicing evangelical christian for 25 years and finally had the guts to admit this didn't work for me. I now consider myself a Deist. I have looked into Wicca, but don't really feel it's for me, either. It does feel good to know I'm not the only one who was "Christian" and turned from that to other beliefs. I know this thread was to discuss Pagan topics. I'm sorry to be off topic, but thanks for letting me throw in my thoughts.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    practicing pagan here! i find, at least in my area, that most pagans are LGBTQ+ so i'm really surprised that there are so few on here.
    I was about to say this too. I have 2friends that are Wicca, both lesbians too.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    As for myself. Im not religious at all. I have been studying Buddhism. I do meditate and do yoga, but thats it. I dont even think i believe in a supernatural being.
  • ShannaDBowser
    ShannaDBowser Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I looked into Wicca and other Pagan traditions/religions. Currently I don't really have an identifier. I have my own beliefs that are a big ole melting pot of other religions.

I respect others beliefs and don't thrust my own upon any one else. :D

Awesome topic!