New member hello

Options
Hi group!

I'm new to fitness pal. I got a new phone for my birthday and stumbled across the application and thought what a great way to motivate myself into FINALLY reclaiming me. I am Mom to six (3 mine, 3 his) and grandmother to 3. I love the Lord Jesus Christ with my whole heart and know that His word is true that I CAN do all things through Him who strengthens me. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. From obsessive calorie counting and exercising as a teen and in my twenties to swinging to the other side of the pendulum with binge eating. In 2000, I entered the Body for LIfe challenge. I had great success and managed to stay fit and healthy for four years. Then I went through a painful divorce, moved, changed churches, job and moved to a different state away from my parents and friends. It was a tough time and I yo-yoed with my weight over the next several years...losing and gaining the same twenty pounds probably three or four times. In 2009, i had a hysterectomy and the struggle with my weight went from difficult to impossible it seemed. I need to lose 40 pounds now. I know that this is not what God wants for me...he wants me to have abundant LIFE not abundant FLESH lol So here I am. So glad to find a group of women who love the Lord and aren't ashamed to proclaim their faith even in dieting! I look forward to getting to know you guys.

Suzi

Replies

• lalalee13
    lalalee13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new as well :) It's been a great first week. I'd love to share stories and encouragement. Feel free to add me as a friend.
    Would love to say more but must go to work! Be strong in the Lord and the power of HIS might and know that you are already loved and delighted in by Him. Have a great day!
  • mamaw53
    mamaw53 Posts: 71
    Options
    Suzi,

You are definitely at the right site! This is a great place for inspiration, encouragement, and accountability. God bless you on your journey and feel free to add me as a friend!

Rhonda
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    HI - (i live in WI) I joined MFP in July of last year - menopause has kicked my butt! I've had a good success - (I told myself that when i lose 25 #'s and I am on a .... schedule then i would tackle the smoking) - well - I lost the 25, got some chantix, set the date --- then sprained my foot :( (NO EXERCISE) - (day 10 of no smoking) I feel the Lord is wanting me closer to Him - I am a born again Christ follow for the past 8 years, and sometimes struggle 'managing' my time --- i have 4 children and 9 grandkids, married 19 years (to my 2nd/last husband) - very much looking forward to getting to know you'all - may God bless you all in your efforts to Honor Him
  • calpollyana
    Options
    Musky,
    I am right there with ya with the menopause issue. I am 43 year old mother of 4 , and also will be a young grandma. 15 pounds attached themselves to me and think they are going to be around for a while. No way! We can beat it. If we remain steadfast, keep moving, and honor God with our bodies we can do anything.

Suzi,
    I, too, did the Body for Life challenge in 2000. I had such a strong body and sense of accomplishment. I felt like I was ready for anything! Then I had my fourth child, left my church, moved out to the country, lost my mom, got cancer, and ate, ate ate. This year is the year when I come out swinging. I want to please my Lord with my whole being, because He has done great things for me.

Blessings and prayers go out to both of you! You can add me as a friend if you want. (:

Rhonda
  • geauxsaints1
    Options
    Estrogen! Once you adapt to having it, you lose it and have to adapt with having none! I am 43 years old and two daughters 10 years apart. My oldest daughter will be getting married this year to a wonderful man. She is equally wonderful. My second daughter is 13 and active in basketball and soccer. As mothers, we are examples to our children. They see more of what we do than what we tell them. We see more of what they do than what they tell us. God changes us little by little. The more time we spend with Him, we will get more "littles." No rush to lose weight and not jumping into too much exercise. I have done it my way and here I am struggling again. With God, it IS possible.
  • calpollyana
    Options
    Geauxsaints,

Hi! I am also 43 and missing my estrogen. My oldest daughter is getting married this June. I haven't seen my extended family for 2 years and I really want to look and feel great. Since starting out here on mfp I've lost 6 pounds and I already feel better.
    I am praying for you and knowing you can do this!

We need to get off this Mountain! You can add me as a friend if you want. (:
    God speed,

Rhonda
  • imatex
    imatex Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome to each of you. I have only been on mfp for about a month. I was so glad to find a group that consisted of women who love the Lord and are working through the same types of struggles. Sometimes I forget I am not alone. I look forward to sharing stories and encouraging each other. Please friend me so that we can have daily contact.
  • mamaw53
    Options
    I agree with you about the "littles". I find that being consistent with the little things have helped me much better in the long run than being over-zealous and doing to much. I love to walk and to garden. So that is how I get most of my exercise. I tried the jumping up and down, heavy exercising thing and I ended up hurting my knees. There is no "one fits all" fitness plan. With prayer, devotion, and consistency, God will show us the way.
  • sncmaddie
    sncmaddie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi! I found this group today! All of your messages inspire me! Anyone may go ahead and add me as a friend. Thanks!
  • RobbieKCPhT
    RobbieKCPhT Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    YAY! Friends! I have only been a member since the beginning of this month, and MFP has helped me lose 11 pounds already! (I have a long ways to go to be healthy!) Please feel free to add me as a friend, I need a LOT of encouragement! I do not want to get off track! :)
  • mamaw53
    Options
    Good for you! :flowerforyou: God bless you on your journey!
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I've been on MFP for about a week, just discovered how to find groups tonight. Looking forward to meeting you!
  • nklais01
    Options
    Hello!!

I am new as well as the website is so helpful! I just found this group yesterday and am loving all the encouragement and support. Thank you all for your support and please feel free to add me as a friend as well-I too need all the support as well.

I too am in WI and it is bitterly cold out here today and they are calling for 3-8" of snow tomorrow! Where are all of you at? Any sunny, warm days out there??!!

I love it when God "shows off his power"! My husband and I have been praying the last few days about finding some people to encourage me and strengthen me with weight loss and faith support and voila I found this website and this group! Praise GOD!!
  • calpollyana
    Options
    Hey! It was sunny and warm one today in Colorado. I took the kids to the park for a bit and then we went out for frozen yogurt. Crazy winter weather! I had my first treat in a long time.
  • slimmersooner
    slimmersooner Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi I just joined MFP Monday at the encouragement of my oldest son. It has been wonderful. Today I thought I would check out the blogs. I love the Lord Christ with all my heart and am looking for others to talk with and encourage that also love Him. I have lost around 60 pounds before when my eyes were on Him. I took my eyes off of Him and slowly I mentally started taking the credit for my weight loss. Well, my bonus was gaining all my weight back plus some. I joined a well known national weight loss group and could not seem to lose hardly at all. I blamed it on Menopause. When the Lord opened my eyes and placed me in the path of some people that have lost and love the Lord, I realized what I had done. I now have my eyes back on Him and this week has already brought a wonderful loss, but I am not logging in until Monday.
    How does this site work in regards to forums. Do you friend people to talk to and encourage, or can you return to a forum and talk to the same people? I would love to be part of a Women of Faith forum. People working at weight loss while dealing with life and Loving the Lord.
    My name is Pam, have about 80 more pounds to lose. I am a grandmother of 1 and a mother to 2 boys and 2 daughter-in-laws. I have been married for 30 years on the 20th of this month and I live in Washington state.
    Blessings
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    you can do both...join groups and friend people. i'll send you a friend invite. :). you can post statuses and comment on your friends....like Facebook. I am 30 and a mother of three little ones. I am a Sahm and have been married 8 years.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Hi Suzi, you can do this. Keep believing in God and yourself. We are here for you.
  • slimmersooner
    Options
    Thank you for the wonderful welcome! Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I know I have been blessed with a really good week. My oldest son is acting as my personal trainer and encourager. He is a semi pro football player and engineer and very much into training and eating right . He and his wife are working toward getting their personal trainer certification. So when I was ready, he snapped to work and has been helping me. I am his training for his future work with others! He is the one that had me come to my fintness pal. I have been so blessed~
    Well, off to church. My husband is watching the Super Bowl later so we will have snacks here. I am making sure they are ones I would chose and would fit into my eating plan!
    Blessings everyone!
    Pam
  • the_lo_rider
    Options
    I am new here too my name is April and I have 5 kids ages 9 down to 18 months. I have been doing the bible study on setting captives free, the lord's table one and I am really amazed at how the Lord has already changed my attitude towards emotional eating and overeating. Through His grace I have lost about 9lbs but I still have about 80 left to go. Tis is the first time I have felt that I can truly change and I know that it is Him working through me that has done that. I was ready to give Him control and He is becoming my strength instead of food.
  • slimmersooner
    Options
    WooHoo! 7.6 pounds down! Thank you Lord!