Mother of a 7 month old seeks weight loss support

Options
:frown: Hello to all you fellow mommies, I have a 7 month old and I am having a hard time getting started on my diet and workout,.People tell me that as my son gets older I will have time to workout and take care of me...but I am ready to start now. I am 5.4 and before I got pg I was 165 at the end of my pg I was 200 and after baby was born I was 185 that was in June 11 and well we have moved overseas for my husband work and guess what I am back at 200 so I really neeed so help. Please help me!!!

Replies

• cforbesm
    cforbesm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I also have a baby getting ready to turn 7 months old. I am starting to get a chance to try to work out and eat better now that he is older. I have been doing Zumba the last three days and lost 3 pounds so far. My husband has been helping me by watching my little one while I workout. It will get easier. I have three other kids also but they are older.
  • kelelliott
    kelelliott Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    my daughter is 6 months old and i have been stuck at the same weight since.

i have started doing jillian michaels 30 day shred and am really enjoying it. my body is so out of shape, it needs to get more muscle and strenght back- and everyday i do this dvd i ache and love how i can feel the painful transformation.

it is fun to countdown and to try to do it everyday for 30 days straight. and a lot of ppl on mfp have support groups for it as well.
  • jdatkins06
    jdatkins06 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im also in this same situation with you ladies! I started my diet on jan 1 & have cut out my most target thing- soda pop! & I still havent lost anything yet stuck at 205 :( I did really good after i had my daughter, Left the hospital weighing 205 went in weighing about 220 then i brestfed for about 1 1/2 months and that didnt work out ( wasnt producing enough milk) so I gave it up & then i was prob between 195-200 & then I got the mirena iud put in & kept gaining weight & had compliactions with that so i got it taken out & here I am trying to get my body back to normal!!! I play the dance dance revolution game on the Wii & the Wii fit. I tried zumba once I just couldnt understand it! I just wish it was eaiser to get rid of this extra weight!! :(
  • maru84
    maru84 Posts: 128
    Options
    We're almost exactly the same! I have a 7 month old son, I got up to 209 pregnant and settled at 185 after. I've lost 12 lbs since I started trying to lose a few months ago. I did Weight Watchers for a few months, and then when I got sick of paying (and things slowed down) I came here and the weight is coming off faster. It just becomes a part of your day. I recommend having just a few go-to meals for breakfast and lunch- I eat oatmeal with egg whites most days for breakfast, but I know that 2 eggs, an english muffin and bacon are 300 calories, that a chicken salad sandwich is 300 calories, etc. This way I have a variety to choose from, but not too much of a variety where I could go over on calories. I save myself a little more room at dinner, so I know I can splurge a little bit on dessert. It's been working wicked well. It makes grocery shopping easy too.

I also highly recommend increasing your fruit and veggie intake. I make a green smoothie most days (frozen fruit, a frozen banana for creaminess, a handful of spinach and a handful of kale, and a cup of unsweetend almond milk) and that has seriously increased my intake. I don't eat spinach or kale otherwise. I also don't count ALL the fruits and veggies I eat- that's how I get the extra calories I need for breastfeeding. I also don't feel like we should be penalized for eating things like mango, blueberries, leafy greens etc. I do count things like bananas and potatoes.

Also, drink half your body weight in ounces of water! It makes a huge difference. And be my friend!
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    my daughter is 4 and a half months now and i have a hard time finding time to work out every time i try she gets hungry it dosnt help that i only have the house to myself about an hour a day on the days i have it.
  • cherrin25
    Options
    I was in the same boat as you. I have a 6 month old now and pre-pregnancy I was 205, at 9 months I was 245 and after I dropped to 222. After joining fitness pal I started tracking my calories, however sometimes its hard to determine what the exact calories are especially when you have a baby. So I went to the store and bought the lean cuisines and weight watchers meals and it says right on the box what the calories are. To make it easier I just scanned the box with my phone and all the nutrition plugged right in. Its just easier for me right now, and when I have more time I cook. It was a great jump start for me. Its been 3 weeks and I lost 13lbs already without having to "count" my calories. Hope this helps