Calorie rich, low carb and low or no sugar.

Options
My sugar ends up a little high by the end of the day due to my fruit intake. It's hard but I love fruit.

What other foods can I snack on that are calorie rich (not getting enough calories most days), low carb and low or no sugar?

I am not fond of meat and try to stay away from wheat.

I have some brainstorming to do before grocery shopping this weekend.

Replies

• Blugal1
    Blugal1 Posts: 92
    Options
    I am pretty much in the same boat! I am so picky that I prefer all sweet things - fruits and sweet veggies like carrots and snap peas. There is a surprising amount of sugar in other things which I have not expected (e.g. deli meat).

I was thinking about trying out some hummus since I just got a Magic Bullet for Christmas and they have a low or no-fat recipe for it. Paired with celery should work I'd think.

Also low-fat peanut butter, but I don't really like that with celery .
  • Jetscuh
    Options
    I do like celery and peanut butter. I do not have any low fat peanut butter at the moment so I've been using a small amount of the regular stuff until I get to the grocery store this weekend.

I'm picky about hummus but I do like some of it. Perhaps I'll pick some up this week. I did find this low fat veggie dip that was made with plain Greek yogurt awhile back. It was pretty good, I'll have to check the sugar on it.
  • emawalton
    Options
    I love string cheese! Or I'll eat a yogurt. Peanut butter would be good too. I'm not a big fan of nuts but supposedly almonds are great snacks. My husband eats those or peanuts when he gets the urge to snack.
  • KCoyoteco
    Options
    Nuts are a good, high-calorie snack. I will add a caveat to this, though. My brother is a big fan of peanut butter. When he was visiting last summer, he brought up the subject and said that there was some research indicating that peanuts have somthing quite negative associated with them. I don't remember the specifics but he was not happy with the idea that peanuts were unhealthy. I like peanuts, but eat more walnuts and almonds. .