Bacon/Tomato/Avocado Sandwich!!

Options
Bacon/Tomato/Avocado Sandwich

Ingredients

3 Veggie Bacon Strips
1/2 medium ripe avocado, seeded, peeled and mashed (about 1/4 cup)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 to 4 drops liquid pepper sauce
2 slices whole grain bread, toasted
1-2 lettuce leaf or 1/4 to 1/2 cup Alfalfa sprouts
2 thick slices tomato

Cook Veggie Bacon Strips according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together avocado, lemon juice, salt and pepper sauce. Spread on one side of each toast slice. Place lettuce leaf or sprouts, tomato slices and bacon strips on top of one slice. Top with remaining toast slice, avocado mixture side down. Cut in half. Serve immediately. Delicious!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• 77Maria
    77Maria Posts: 90
    Options
    I am a big fan of Avocado's and this is certainly a happy twist on BLT's. I have another Avocado Sandwich recipe I learned years ago from "The Good Earth" restaurant. Will share later.
  • greenpollywawg
    Options
    Ooh, sounds good. I have to be very careful of sodium but I could just leave the bacon out and it would still be a very filling and healthy sandwich. Thanks for the idea! Love the sprouts idea. :smile:
  • 77Maria
    Options
    Yes I have to watch my salt also...one could do one slice of turkey bacon and crumble it over the top!

:heart:
  • fortyplusclub
    fortyplusclub Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What is the nutrition value of this yummy sandwich ?
  • kimamon
    kimamon Posts: 19
    Options
    Didn't realize you were a veggie got a lovely hot and sour noodle dish you might like put it on tomorrow x
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I have never had Veggie Bacon. Is it any good? This recipe sounds amazing! MMMmmm!
  • 77Maria
    Options
    This Sandwich is 326 calories, 19 carbs, 24 fat, 12 protein. You can reduce the fat and calories some by reducing the amount of veggie or turkey bacon. I used Country Hearth Light Wheat bread also. You can cut the sandwich in half and eat with a nice hot bowl of soup! Eat the rest later!! Just some thoughts!! :love: