Beauty comes from within.

Options
This was me on September 14, 2009:

"Ok...so in February, 2009, I decided to go on a diet. My partner and I had our commitment ceremony; after seeing pictures of myself and not liking the way I looked, something had to give. I’ve battled my weigh all of my life. I was the fat girl and heard from my very own family that I’d “be so pretty if I’d just lose weight.” Quite frankly, I was like WTH does 1 have to do with the other?

I’m daughter 3 of 7 and one of us was getting married in May; I wanted to lose 10 lbs. by her wedding day, but to my surprise, I had lost 30! I couldn't believe it!”

I went from 289 to 195 (April ’11). I practiced for and finished my 1st 5k; I couldn’t run from the couch to the fridge if I tried! I was walking or biking up to 10 miles a day; the military program that my son is in has a program where they march 13 miles {in the mountains} in the Fall and 13 in the Spring. I walked the 13 miles (in solidarity) last Fall and look forward to walking the other 13 this Spring.

I still struggle with weight-loss. It’s a life style.

Both of my Grandmother’s have since passed, my son left for out-of-state college and my own surgery, has left me down and out!

Today, I weigh 223 lbs and want to get back to the 200 mark. Per the “charts” I should weigh no more than 170 but I think that would be frail for my frame. I’m 5’9 and wear a shoe size 11! So I’m not petit by any stretch of the imagination…

I love to be outside, doing anything that requires movement.. Exercise can be addicting! I’m going to start over with the 5k program so I can get back to where I was.

My partner and I will celebrate 10 years next month and I would love to wear that little black dress!

Beauty comes from within.

Replies

• rquin008
    Options
    oh yea! lets do it. theres nothing in our way now......

go little black dress!