Gym V. Leisure Center (S'toon)

Options
Hey everyone! Just wondering what your thought s are on the gyms in the city? I'm a leisure pass holder and I like it, but am curious where you think is the best place to work out?

Replies

• alikat789
    alikat789 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Years ago i did a cost analysis on a gym vs the leisure centers i found that the leisure center yearly membership fee was cheaper than any gym. The YMCA was also an option as it wasn't too much more in price. I found the i liked the variety of the leisure centers and used the membership for 2 or 3 years.
    If i wanted to walk the track i could do so, I could swim, attend a class, weightlift and the bonus was the outside swimming in the summertime and attending family swim with my nephews. I also loved the fact there was different locations so i could switch it up when i wanted to.

Everyone has different reasons for a gym, i liked the variety and not everyone had a weightlifter body (but i can't compare that to any other gym in Stoon cause leisure centers was my first).

I found that last year i hardly attended the leisure centers, so now i'm spending my $$ on Hot Yoga at Moksha Yoga and Zumba with Kelly! instead and home workout DVD's. I will pay the drop-in fee at a leisure center and if i find that the drop-in fee is too much in any given month i will join yearly again.
  • CLI_2012
    Options
    I heard Zumba with Kelly was fantastic!! I've been doing Zumba at the leisure centers too...I love the different drop in classes!
  • Jenni0101
    Jenni0101 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have had memberships with both and either way I don't think it matters too much. The biggest thing for picking a good gym for me was finding a place that was close to my home and had a daycare for my daughter. I go to World now and it's so close to home that it's hard to justify missing a workout.
  • perceptualobfuscator
    perceptualobfuscator Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm on board with leisure centres. But if a gym is more convenient, go for it. Whatever gets you exercising!!
  • CkdJ92
    Options
    I personally love my leisure card now that I'm in stoon! Where does everyone go? Favorite places? Who knows we may cross paths!