The smell of meat...

Options
Yakisoba
Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
._. My father must be practicing for Thanksgiving because the whole damn house smells like bacon. Someone! Save me!

Replies

• tattooedtwiin
    Options
    ._. My father must be practicing for Thanksgiving because the whole damn house smells like bacon. Someone! Save me!

I hear ya, the only time I really miss meat is when I smell something cooking that I used to eat and love. I just try and remember the suffering the animals must endur and it passes.

May the force be with you!
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    if you eat alot of veggi products that are meat inspired by morning star, you arent as easily affected by the smell. like the sausage and veggie bacon smell so real! well thats my opinion at least.
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    if you eat alot of veggi products that are meat inspired by morning star, you arent as easily affected by the smell. like the sausage and veggie bacon smell so real! well thats my opinion at least.

I agree, I love morningstar products :-)
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the way my mom always cooked, everything always had to had a spoon of bacon greese in it. or a few pieces of bacon in it. I can't stand the smell of bacon cooking either. I have been a vegetarian for almost 30 years and before that I ate very little meat, just hiding some in bread and trying to choke it down so I wouldn't die. ( As I had been told by my family) Even though I don't like the way it smells it is one of the only meats I liked how it tasted. Fried to a crisp in a BLT, so I do sometimes have one of those fake morning star farm bacon sandwiches. It looks like play dough but crisps up nice when you fry it with alittle pam. All of the other fake meats are too real in texture for me, I can't eat them.
  • gentsevetzak
    gentsevetzak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I don't like the smell of meat anymore, i wouldn't be too happy if my house reeked of meat.
  • Yakisoba
    Options

I do eat some faux meats, but I think the smell is all mental. ._. I don't get sick when I smell facon cooking, but real bacon and I'm gagging all over the place.
  • Taytotot
    Taytotot Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with the smell of bacon/ham too. Even the veggie "bacon" smell turns my stomach! haha
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    So funny to see this thread..I can totally relate!

My daughter is obsessed with chicken salad & I can hardly make her sandwiches for lunch anymore :/ My mom makes her homemade chicken salad & it sits in a big tub in the fridge and I am sooo disgusted by it, esp. when I have to smell it. Gross.
  • Yakisoba
    Options
    So funny to see this thread..I can totally relate!

My daughter is obsessed with chicken salad & I can hardly make her sandwiches for lunch anymore :/ My mom makes her homemade chicken salad & it sits in a big tub in the fridge and I am sooo disgusted by it, esp. when I have to smell it. Gross.

It's funny.. I used to work in a restaurant and the smell of meat did not bother me, but at home. Ew.

I have an aunt who put a lot in her chicken salad.. like the cartilage and joints. Even when I ate meat, I couldn't eat her salad because I kept chewing on joints. -gag-
  • lmvandruska
    Options
    I work in an office setting where there are few vegetarians. People are always microwaving meat and the smell wafts through the hallways. Totally grosses me out. People wonder why I don't sit in the cafeteria for lunch... becuase I would toss my cookies all over your microwave chicken.
  • jjjohnson31
    jjjohnson31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I work in an office setting where there are few vegetarians. People are always microwaving meat and the smell wafts through the hallways. Totally grosses me out. People wonder why I don't sit in the cafeteria for lunch... becuase I would toss my cookies all over your microwave chicken.

^^^ This is so true. Almost nothing is worse than microwave fish leftovers.
  • dogsetmoi
    Options
    The worst for me is the smell of ground beef cooking...disgusting! I never liked it pre-vegetarian, but now I really can't stand it.
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm not really bothered by the smells of meat cooking. It's been so long now that I'm sort of over it. What I really don't like is watching people cutting through a piece of tough meat, or gristle. Gross.
  • ccgisme
    ccgisme Posts: 239 Member
    Options

Had to deal with chicken salad smell today. I'm a new vegan (3 months!) and food is still a really touchy subject in my house, so I don't say anything about smells. :)

On a related note, I dreamt about eating meat the other night. I was so disappointed in the dream that I'd done it and so relieved when I woke up to realize it was only a dream! ;)

Has everyone seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4rE7FAenZI
  • psychopiglet
    psychopiglet Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the smell of meat cooking. It turns my stomach something awful. Lamb Chops are the worst. I literally feel the need to vomit thanks to that smell. Bacon is a close second. Eurgh.
  • dtucker4403
    dtucker4403 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have been a vegetarian for 3 years, but my husband is still a carnivore. I used to love the smell of bacon, but now it makes me sick when he cooks bacon. He usually tries to cook it when I am not home, but I still smell it..

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]14784137.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    For me its mostly the smell of fish. It really makes me feel sick. Although in the break room at work it grosses me out when I can smell someone's lunch (chicken, beef, whatever) heating up in the microwave. And... one day I got mcdonalds for my husband and son, and my husband got a chicken sandwich and I smelled and it smelled soooooooooo bad. I totally lost my apetite after smelling it.
  • Denfks
    Denfks Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I cook meat for my husband and son, but I always think it smells bad. What gets me, is that when my husband smells it, he tells me, "Nope, smells fine to me." It could just be me. I took my son on a tour of a butcher shop at the supermarket, and I've never quite gotten over the smell of rancid meat. There were garbage cans of outdated meat and scraps that stunk terribly.