Introduce yourself!

Options
vinylscratch
vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
Here you can introduce yourself! Tell us a little about yourself... and what you celebrate!

I'm 22, from Vermont and am in my second year of studying shamanism in a group apprenticeship. I received the call to become a healer as a little kid (kids make the best shamen.. no critical thinking to muddy up their awesomely expansive brains) but didn't really understand it until I was 20.

I believe that God is love & life energy, and that God is both something way bigger than us and also in all of us, and that everyone is innately good and the only thing standing between us and total unity is our ego.

I am big on animism and employ animal and plant medicine in my work, but also enjoy psychopomp, divination and sacred expression.

What about you?

Replies

• CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    It's me ^^
    I am pagan, I grew up in a very rural and mystic area.. all old woodland and rough mountains. I believe in the spirit of nature and the old gods. I am annoyed by people who want to label themselves, I learn something new every day and from so many different religions and spiritual ways. The way is gthe goal as we say back home and one never stops learning. I don't believe in guardian angels or the little folk (well I clapped my hands two time shere... actually, they might as well exist but if they do, I don;t think they are taking a massive interest in mankind). I believe in guiding spirits though (I guess there are parts of shamanism involved). I see the world as a bunch made out of all kind of different engeries. I don't believe there is pure evil or pure good, one thing cannot exist without the other and there is a balance to be kept ^^
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am Wiccan, went through 4 years of training and am an ordained priestess with Covenant of the Goddess. My partner and I are in the middle of relocating so we'll be losing our spiritual community here soon, but excited about finding a new community soon. I'm very open-minded about other religions and spiritual paths and believe that all paths are able to teach us something. I look forward to getting to know you all better! Blessed Be!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a Christian, with a Catholic background, who is no longer a Catholic. I guess you'd call me an evanglical, although I don't evanglise much :)

I am not a Bible thumper, and many of the strict Christian teachings go against my grain. I have siblings who are very fundamentalist, and they drive me crazy! I do believe in the God of the bible, and I believe that Jesus is who he said he was......although, in my miniscule study of other religions, it appears that other faiths have a "jesus" figure who died and did what He did, so that's confusing!!!

I do think that there are other paths to spirituality and God, and that he's not all that concerned with what we call "him" (or her, as the case may be.!) I think organized religion is a lot of hooey, and that we all have to make very personal decisions about faith and the spirit and heaven and such.
  • SandiDc
    SandiDc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    It is nice to meet all of you… As Far as my religious back group goes I was raised non denominational Christian with my mom’s family being Catholic. So my dad felt it was important to have me exposed to both through my life and I am glad he did. I am not the preacher type but I can say I have felt the presents of God but I have also felt the evil of the Devil as well. My Grandma has this sixth sense and I got a touch of it my self. And what I mean by that is that I don’t dream often but when I do I better listen to it or at least be careful… Ok that is probably to much info u gals u don’t know me that well so will say bye for now…

Nice to meet all of you… :flowerforyou:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Hmmm ... I'm a bit complicated. My mom was raised Catholic and my dad Jewish, but neither really practiced either religion and I was exposed to pretty much everything growing up, through family and friends.

Nothing ever really "spoke" to me, though I always felt drawn to things like Hinduism and Buddhism (though neither was quite the right fit). A few months ago, I attended a Meetup,com pagan group and felt very much at home, though I wouldn't say I'm Wiccan or anything like that. I just feel like the universe is energy and it has to balance somehow. I don't believe that this life is "it." I believe there is a higher power, though I hesitiate to call it "God."

I guess I don't fit perfectly anywhere, but a man at that meeting called himself a "religious eclectic" and I liked that.
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I love the idea that this group is all about inclusivity and diversity. Having spent nearly 2/3 of my life raised in and active in fundamental and evangelical Christianity here in America, I'm all too familiar with dogma and judgementalism. Takes one to know one, you know? I consider myself a "recovering dogmatist" - LOL - because honestly though I hate that about myself I am made up of all the threads, even those I don't like. It's never too late to correct for one's past mistakes. It's never too late to wake up - we don't have to stay asleep.

The spiritual path I follow now, led there unawares by a powerful dream connected directly to my blood and bone memory (science calls this DNA!), is Druidism through OBOD in the old country. There are no reliable seed groups or groves in my vicinity so I practice solitary, but with a couple of family members. Though around my area there are tons, literally tons, of Wiccan and Hindu and Buddist groups so I'm not really alone. What I like about Druidism is its emphasis on non-dogmatism - it's dogmatic about being non-dogmatic. :huh: I'm also a Literature major so irony speaks strongly to me. As for my spiritual path, I have no desire to foist it by subtle or blatant marketing. It resides in the most intimate parts of me and therefore is sacred. Besides, I'm not after popularity but truth and that, we can all agree on, is quite unpopular during the best and worst of times.

To the point of MFP, however, I'm also a "recovering overeater and underexerciser." I've lost forty pounds in the last twelve months and am actively working on what I call the "last sixty". I'm not about thinness but about strength and health. Still, I've got to get the excess off. It weighs me down and that inhibits the detachment and freedom I need to develop. Air, therefore, is my greatest ally right now and interesting, is it not, that two days ago a recently fledged Merlin hawk (one of the smallest hawks) rested on the backyard fencepost for about half an hour? Merlins are very rare in my environ at the edge of the praire under shadow of the mountains so this was no coincidence but a joy and hope. The Merlin is young in this endeavor and it is winter, the harshest time to be young. She has a struggle between now and spring (the Onderfuls) but by golly she's going to get there and take in the sights along the way.

Hope this group can keep active supporting one another in losing the baggage that holds us down. Looking forward to meeting you all.

-Debra (the LastSixty)
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    Hola!

I am a chaote, and have spent 12 years being awakened to the greater energetic world around and within us all. I was Christian until 15. I was Wiccan for 6 years, and a chaote for 6 more years!

I'm also a proud nerd n_n

Hmm... Not much else to tell, I guess! Nice to meet you all :D
  • blissfuldrake
    blissfuldrake Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    So, I need to introduce myself, eh? OK, well here goes...

I have been saved/baptised Baptist, Christian and Weslyan Methodist. I have studied Buddhism, Kabbala, Baha'i, and Spiritualism. I've called myself Christian, Agnostic, Metaphysician, Wiccan and finally Eclectic Pagan. Call me fickle...LOL I have been searching for THE answer ever since I can remember. I finally figured out that everyone needs to follow the path that is most meaningful to him/her.

I have lots of labels attached to me and my lifestyle. Mainstream is not one of them. I used to be mainstream (sort of), but had to retire from that lifestyle. When I get to know you better, I'll share some of the aforementioned labels with you.

Now, my household and I practice a rather eclectic blend of Wicca--Celtic, British Heritage, Wisteria, and Correlian Traditions, Witchcraft (spell work), Shamanism, New Age and Native American beliefs. Two of us look mainly to Hecate and one to Aradia.

We recently celebrated the Winter Solstice/Yule with a HUGE bonfire and a small ritual in our back yard. We live just outside town in the county, so there were no objections to the fire. The amusing thing, though, as we were sitting around the fire (we're all a bit long in the tooth for the dancing thing), we watched the congregation file into the Baptist church next to us for a service (ritual?) of their own. (I'm wondering if they knew they were gathering on a Pagan holiday.) I'm sure we were the talk of the town...LOL.

Nice to meet you all. Let's be friends!
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    Hello Everyone. I'm Mystique and am a solitary kitchen witch/eclectic pagan that loves variety. I am glad to be amongst so many with the same interests/beliefs without judgement. I grew up Christian; however, once I found/accepted my true path, I have never been happier.

My MFP goals is to lose about 10 - 15 pounds with a continued toning and getting fit and staying healthy. I know that I will achieve that goal as well as everyone here with continued motivation and support. I will be starting the Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred tomorrow and am currently working out on the elliptical and belly dancing.
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm so glad to find this group, I live in the middle of the Bible Belt in Tennessee, practically everyone I know goes to a Baptist church....I went when I was a child, and it all made no sense to me! I thought maybe I just didn't get it, Well, I'm 53 now .....and it still makes no sense. I can't understand why it does to everyone else around me! Mostly I just don't talk about religion, I don't know what label I should have, I would like to find out though, cause feeling like an Alien is kinda' lonely. Thanks for being here, and letting me vent : )
  • SkinnyShadow
    SkinnyShadow Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I am a 28 year old mother of two boys. We're an actively practicing pagan family - although you'd never know it from the outside, and I like it that way. I grew up in a very liberal home, guided towards the pagan path by my United-Christian-Buddhist mother (try to figure that one lol). I was dedicated to my Goddess on Samhain night when I was 13, and although I did neglect my spirituality for a few years as a "young" adult, in my heart She's always been there. I call it my rebellion ;) haha. I would consider myself quite eclectic, and very much a free-thinker. Currently I am studying in a small coven (with too many personalities), learning lots, and definitely being taught the importance of patience and tolerance... yay... :p
    Brightest Blessings, and I look forward to getting to know you all.
    - K.
  • knittingwitch
    knittingwitch Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I am 26 years old,
    My spiritual path is eclectic pagan with voodoo mixed in, I'm not yet in any coven but some day I probably will be. I am also a witch I don't feel that being a witch has much to do with spirituality or religion I believe that a witch can be of any faith or practice or lake there of. I do believe its one of those things use it or lose it.
    I do try to incorporate spirituality into every aspect of my life, so of course when I had the time I went hunting down other pagans trying to lose weight :D.
    I also knit, and crochet, cant' think of any thing else to say right now.
    Looking forward to getting to know you guys.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I'm Aimee and I consider myself a very spiritual person but I don't have a name for it. I just believe in love & light! I'm 27 years old and spirituality is fairly new to me. I didn't consider myself a spiritual person at all a year ago, but now it's a big part of my life.

I am pretty psychic and have been since I was in high school. I believe we are not alone in this universe, and that our world has had many connections with ETs for thousands of years. I feel very connected to astrology and the universe. Feel free to friend me if it sounds like we have something in common! :smile: :heart:
  • Krysala
    Krysala Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey all... I'm a christian-raised 17 year old, and not quite sure what I am yet religiously. The Wiccan path calls to me but I have yet to learn everything I need to, being a new solitary practitioner, and I know I plan to incorporate other elements of things into it, but I don't know what yet. Any suggestions are wonderful, but what I'm really looking for are people who'll help me along on my journeys, one to health and the other to spiritual happiness. Feel free to friend me if we have something in common. Blessed be!
  • Cern_Doeblood
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name's Jennefer. I consider myself a Celtic Wiccan, in that order. I have been intrigued and drawn to Celtic heritage and spirituality from a young age, but it wasn't until recently that I began practicing Wicca openly.

I'm 23 and divorced, but there is no need to say "I'm sorry about that," as I'm much happier and healthier now. After my divorce I fell for a guy I met on the internet who I had been friends with for a bit. I moved from Nevada, USA to Pennsylvania, USA to be with him and it has been the absolute best decision of my life! With his support I now feel comfortable about my religion and spirituality. (It doesn't hurt that he is also Wiccan)
  • tinyzombie
    tinyzombie Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! My name's Destiny, and I'm new here. :) I was raised Christian, but turned away from that when I was about 17, so about four years ago? I left religion completely for a few years, but have always been very drawn to paganism - Wicca, in particular - and have finally committed to it within the past few months. I think my views on spirituality are a little bit different from textbook Wicca, though, but I guess I'd say my beliefs are just an eclectic mix! ;) I believe heavily in animism, as well. No craft for me yet, I don't feel prepared for it, but within the next several months or so, I'd like to give it a try.

As far as personal life outside of that goes, I live with my wonderful fiance who I'm due to marry next October, and I'm a huge animal lover with two dogs, two cats, and two snakes (hoping to add either a uromastyx or a tegu lizard to the zoo soon). I'm friendly and love to chat (no seriously, I can talk forever), so everyone can totally feel free to add me if you want. :D Blessed be!
  • DarthJennii
    Options
    Merry Meet Ladies and Gents:

I'm Jenni. Wiccan. Grew up in the middle of nowhere: Chesnee, SC. Lots of nature.
    I enjoy herbology, and and all the mystics.
    Sorry mine's so short, I'm a tad bit shy, and don't really know what to put. .-.
    I love making new friends, so if you're wanting a new friend or someone for support, I'm here. (:
    Blessed be.