Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

1/22/12 Check in

m1nky
m1nky Posts: 104 Member
Starting weight: 150
Week 1: 147
Week 2: 146
Week 3: 143.7
Week 4: 144
Week 5: out of town
Week 6: 142
Week 7: 142
Week 8: 141
Week 9: 140
Current weight: 141

Weight lost: +1lbs
Total lost: 9lbs

Last weeks challenge: We'll be skiing with friends next week. Awesome because that's a lot of exercise daily. Not awesome because they always bring wine and very cheesy/creamy crockpot meals and snacks. My challenge will be to eat conservatively and smart while still enjoying the week. I'll find out at the next weigh in!

I don't know how to classify this. I gained a little over a pound so obviously I didn't watch what I was eating well enough (I blame the continuously poured wine and piles of homemade cookies). I definitely could have skipped a glass or a cookie every now and then. BUT the whole process of mfp is to learn how to eat and stay in control. I never ate enough to make myself feel sick and I also knew this was a vacation. EVERYONE was eating more than they normally would. I don't think my challenge was ~met~ but I also don't think I did too badly. 1.3lbs for a week of not checking in once and just playing with friends - I'll take it.

This weeks challenge: The gym is open. Vacation is over. I want to get to the gym for 4 different classes and stay under my calorie count (with the added exercise calories) every day this week. I'd like to (at least) be back to last weeks loss.

Replies

• hebbby
    hebbby Posts: 70
    Check in:
    starting weight: 251
    week 1: 247
    week 2: 242
    week 3: 239
    week 4: 235
    week 5: 231
    week 6: no weigh in
    week 7: 228
    week 8: 225
    week 9: 224
    week 10: 220
    weight lost this week : 4lb
    total loss: 31 lbs

I am so happy with this loss. I think revision stress and walking up and down to university has contributed! I am not setting any challenges again this week because of another exam on Wednesday but I am at my original challenge goal weight so I will set myself a new goal of losing another 10lbs by valentines day. It is a big ask but i wont freak out if i don't make it.

I wouldn't worry about your gain. You went on holiday and had a good time it is important that we take breaks during this weight loss thing so we can make it part of our lives not let it take over our entire lives. I gained loads over the few days i took off for christmas but then it came back off again.

Thanks for the luck wishes, you can wish luck for a past exam as i wont get the results for a few weeks!
  • m1nky
    m1nky Posts: 104 Member
    "it is important that we take breaks during this weight loss thing so we can make it part of our lives not let it take over our entire lives"
    Agreed! If it's not sustainable then we might as well be on the newest fad diet.

I forgot about my car having an overheating issue (we were about an hour out of town when we had to turn around and take my husbands car instead). My challenge is to do the 30 day shred every day I don't make it to the gym ;)

Hitting the mini goals we quietly set for ourselves is one of the best feelings ever.
    Congratulations :)