New

Options
swall0810
swall0810 Posts: 148 Member
going to start crossfit on Monday and was just wondering... If you eat Healthy do you still have to go paleo? Also how do you log your food in MFP without going over in protien and fat? Oh, why are some people so against paleo? I just asked a simple question in the main forum and just got a bunch of snarky comments except for 2, one gave me the link to this group. Ok. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    I dont think there is any rule of going Paleo , personally I struggle to do paleo full on. MFP is only a guide as far as Im concerned , when I log if Im over in protein so be it.

Good luck with crossfit , Im only reasonably new to it but Im hitting it full on from Monday as well.
  • swall0810
    Options
    I dont think there is any rule of going Paleo , personally I struggle to do paleo full on. MFP is only a guide as far as Im concerned , when I log if Im over in protein so be it.

Good luck with crossfit , Im only reasonably new to it but Im hitting it full on from Monday as well.

Thanks! I eat pretty healthy, I'm just working on my serious sweet tooth. Good luck Monday!!!
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    There isn't some paleo requirement, but a lot of people do it because it can help speed up efforts. Good luck to both of you and I look forward to hearing what you think
  • swall0810
    Options
    There isn't some paleo requirement, but a lot of people do it because it can help speed up efforts. Good luck to both of you and I look forward to hearing what you think

I am really excited! I started doing the nerd fitness angry bird work out to kinda get me ready, but as far as paleo... My daughter is severly allergic to dairy, eggs and all nuts, so if I did paleo... I would be missing 2 key staples. but, I still may give it a try and just fix 2 meals. one for the family and one for me.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options

I am really excited! I started doing the nerd fitness angry bird work out to kinda get me ready, but as far as paleo... My daughter is severly allergic to dairy, eggs and all nuts, so if I did paleo... I would be missing 2 key staples. but, I still may give it a try and just fix 2 meals. one for the family and one for me.

I might be having a slow moment, but I think nuts and dairy aren't a part of paleo....just eggs. So eggs would be the only thing not okay on that. Then again I haven't yet tried to go paleo (although I probably should try it).

Nerd Fitness's Angry Bird Workout seems quality =D
  • jagwab
    jagwab Posts: 93
    Options
    You can eat nuts on paleo.
    I know that I could never go full paleo. I enjoy food too much.

I am doing a personal grain free challenge for the month of February,
    I will still enjoy my beans and dairy this time.

I think the key is finding what works for you and your lifestyle.
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i am giving paleo a try and actually feel really good. have been doing the workouts for a couple of months but only following paleo for few weeks. haven't had trouble giving up grains. still have a protein shake every now and then and haven't given up beer/wine :)

you will find that the general population is neg against crossfit because there are a few people who hijack the conversation who have made it a personal thing to slam it. i would love to be at a crossfit gym but there isn't one close enough to me for me to be able to join. there is one about 25 min away but i work full time 25 min away...in the opposite direction! i am also frequently on call and that would be too far away for me to make it to the hospital so i make the best of it and get the workouts from the crossfit website and do them at my local gym. i know i am not getting the benefit of the box but i compete with myself and my husband (i frequently beat him!).

i wish you the best of luck! you will love it!
  • snkeller24
    Options
    I <3 NERD FITNESS!!

Most people at my box don't follow paleo year round. Most do it when it's a challenge, others do it 3 months on then one month partially off.

As far as the restrictions I can't really help you; but MFP is a tool (as someone else suggested) and their protein allowance is set really low unless you go in and manually change it. Other then eggs, meat is a great source of protein. I still use powered protein to help supplement getting my protein allowance in. (I follow the 1g protein per lb of body weight)

Take paleo day at a time, some people can switch cold turkey, others have to do 3 days on one off or so until they can adjust. Grains are the hardest for me to give up ... especially when I just want to eat right away, a sandwich or toast is my go-to, since I try not to buy cereal.

Best of luck to you!