Hi All!

Options
I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 48 years old and trying to get my butt back in shape and on the right health track. My issue is trying to get motivated to work out after working all day at job where I mostly sit all day. Right before Christmas (2011) I came to the decision to change my eating habits to a more healthier menu and try to incorporate some exercise along the way. I've succeeded in loosing a total of 10 lbs., however, losing has come to a slight stand still. Meaning, I have lose or gained anything in the last 2 weeks and I'm frustrated already. I know I have to get moving!!!

Replies

• kenyagrayfit
    kenyagrayfit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hi, Gypsy Queen,
    Do not be discouraged. The reason why your weight loss is at a stand still is because now your body is starting to work on losing the fat. In the beginning you lost water weight and glycogen which are sugars store in the muscles. Now your body has to work harder to get at the fat. It is very important that this time that you continue to be active. That helps. Find an activity or work out that you really enjoy and stick to it. It is hard to work out after working all day but if you find something you enjoy, you are more likely to stick to it. It's good to have support too so grab a family member or friend and get busy. You will continue to lose weight as you eat reduced calories and/or burn them off by working out. Try to work out or be active at least three times a day. A work out I recommend is Zumba. It is super fun. They have videos and live classes all over the world now. I will be getting my certification later this year and I'm very excited.
    I hope I helped you today.
    Have a fantastic day,
    Kenya
  • gypsyqwn
    Options
    Thanks Kenya! I'll keep plugging away!!!!
  • bla1149
    Options
    gypsyqwm - I'm 58 and have tried everything. I work in a facility that brings in WW every 9 weeks and it's so depressing to see so many beautiful women meet a lifetime goal/membership. I tried WW twice to make it and get nowhere lose 9 lbs., and then gain them right back. I sit all day on my job, which doesn't help matters. My husband just diagnosed with arthritis from the base of his spine to the top on his neck. He has to lose 30 lbs. just to take the pressure off his back. I'm a solid person so when people find out my weight they can't believe I have to lose 52 lbs. If I could saw off my stomach, wearing my clothes would be more comfortable but I stayed blotted like a balloon. Like you, I plateau quickly. A friend told me about this site and I'm praying we can find the support & encouragement to make it once & for all I must do this for myself & support husband. Hang in there we can make it; I’ll keep us in my prayers God has to be my strength to make it. - bla1149 :smile:
  • KanBrit
    KanBrit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I stuck to my diet this week and worked out 7 hours and still gained .8 times like this are so discouraging. I am looking for support to keep going and not give up and give in to a banana split :ohwell:
  • kenyagrayfit
    kenyagrayfit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My best advice to all you ladies is to keep going. Motivation comes from having a good motive. If your motive is great health, you can put it all into perspective. Weight loss will be the by-product.
    The most important thing is to continue to make small changes in your diet. Make a habit of measuring your food and eating smaller portions. If you like certain fruits and veggies, fill your plate with those foods and eat less of the high fat foods. And if you want to have a day where you eat that Banana Split, indulge a little. Don't think of what you are doing as a diet. It is truly a lifestyle change. So, you have to try new foods and find really healthy foods that you enjoy. My new favorite is Hummus. It has lots of protein and its filling.
    Find exercises and activities that you enjoy and can stick with. KanBrit, I, too, have had weeks where I did well and gained. Believe me, your hard work will pay off if you continue to press forward. Bla1149, you can do this! It is totally the mindset. Don't worry about what others are doing. This is for you. When you eat healthy and stay active, you will feel better and you will see results. You might not see it on the scale right away, but you will see results. The important thing is to keep giving your body good stuff, healthy whole foods and exercise.
    Phillipians 4:13 You can do all things through Christ who strenghtens you
    Kenya