Lunch recipes

Options
Post your Lunch type recipes here:

Replies

• GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I made this salad up a couple of months ago and I could honestly eat it EVERY DAY! lol I like bleu cheese, but you can use any low cal cream dressing, or light sour cream. Any salad will work to, I just happen to love Veggie lovers. I just had taco shells on hand, but you could use a couple of tortilla chips (its ok with crutons). And if you want to jazz it up a bit you could add some sliced black olives and grilled corn, but thats going to jack up the calories. ENJOY! :)
    Easy chicken taco salad

1 chicken breast boiled
    2 ½ c of mixed salad greens (I like Express veggie lovers)
    ½ oz of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
    1 T. of Maries yogurt dressing (I like bleu cheese)
    1 hard taco shell broken up

Chop up the chicken breast after it is boiled and add
    ½ tsp Paprika
    ½ tsp Chili powder
    1/8 tsp salt
    ¼ tsp black pepper
    A dash of oregano

Sprinkle over chicken in a fry pan and sauté with ¼ c of water until it evaporates.
    (Save ½ of the chicken breast for a second salad)

Put crushed taco shell on the bottom, salad, cheese, hot chicken, and dressing on
    top. I was surprised at how few calories this has for how filling it is!

Calories: 258
    Fat: 14
    Protein: 17

I had been getting the salads in the bowl with chicken, cheese, dressing, and
    tortilla strips and that was 290 calories. This is much larger, and much more
    filling. You can’t beat that!
  • rachelmarie1
    rachelmarie1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Sounds Yummy!!
  • theresabugx
    theresabugx Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump*
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Ok, I was looking online and saw this link for 37 protein packed recipes... Some look amazing and I figured they'd make good lunches!

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/low-fat-recipes?cm_mmc=ETNTNL-_-780102-_-01242012-_-body