Hello :)

Options
2»

Replies

• WT_225_lb
    Options
    Hi i am in the same boat. I have major depression, and a few more. We just found out that 2 out of 3 of my girls have autism. There are many days i wish i could just in bed or hideing in my own little world. I stoped my meds a few times and within a few weeks i was at the hospital. I tried to end my life. I take my meds now every day.

I also find talking to friends help a lot. So i want you to smile no less than once a day.

And remember it is not your fault your son is the way he is. I have had many hard days with my girls, but l also had some great days. When times are hard just remember he will love you always.
    :wink:
  • MomsTooBig
    MomsTooBig Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what is going on with MFP, but I never saw this post before (or several others that seemed to have 'popped' up). It's nice to meet all of you and I thank you all very much for sharing your stories here. I find it comforting to know that I'm not alone.

I'm not trying to use my mental and/or physical issues as an excuse as to why I'm overweight and/or why I can't loose, but they are certainly major contributors to both, and it gets hard to deal with when people can't get past the point I just made (it being an excuse)

....so I thank you all again, it means a lot that you've shared your story(s) here....

Tracy

13680624.png
  • TonyaCrego
    TonyaCrego Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Steven, i have been living with Depression for 16 years. 1 year ago, i was on the edge of killing myself. I wanted to be the best at every thing i did... work, family, health.

I was able to get in to a good program for 1 month and was back to work. 3 months later i was back in the same place. I did not want to go to treatment, but i did.

I found out i have MDD, Bi-polar, Generalized anxiety, PTSD. I started this year at 389 lb. I have been dropping the weight slowly, but it may be to fast.

I am tracking my weight here. I want to drop the pounds, but in the right way.

Steven:ohwell:

Hi steven, when you say you went to a good program...can you give me more details on that! I feel like im losing control and Idk where to turn. You can send me private message if you like (im more likely to get it that way anyway)
  • TonyaCrego
    Options
    Hi there. I was diagnosed with rapid cycling bipolar disorder. Up and down. Up and down. Sometimes within hours, or days. Mine tends more to the depressive side. I've actually been hospitalized twice. (Not proud of that, but putting it out there.) I also have social anxiety and SAD. I'm on Lamictal as a mood stabilizer, Wellbutrin as an antidepressant, and Klonopin for anti-anxiety. I was on Adderall to help with some of the lack of concentration and motivation I've been dealing with until they took it off the market. A lot of my eating has been emotional eating when I'm stressed, which is far too often. I want to fix that. I also gained 80 lbs. in one month when a psychiatrist put me on Abilify. It took me a year to take that weight off. I now insist on weight neutral drugs. But since I took that 80 lbs. off, I think I can do even more with the support of a place like MFP and its members!

80lbs in one month?! That's insane! Well, if you need to talk to someone with social anxiety and depression, feel free to message me :)

I was also on abilify and gained 30 in the first month! Needless to say that crap didnt last long ;) I also suffer from depression/bipolar and social anxiety disorder!
  • TonyaCrego
    Options
    Hello...my name is Tonya! Im 28 and have been diagnosed with depression/bipolar and social anxiety disorder! Im married and have a 4 yr old daughter. I have been a stay at home mom for 4yrs now and I have been unsuccessful at holding down a job! (i have only tried twice in the last 4 yrs and was fired from the first and realized i wasnt ready for the 2nd so i turned it down before messing it up!) I have been to my dr to many times and went thru therapy for over 2 yrs and felt like i wasnt getting anywhere and it was a waste of money. My family is struggling bc i compulsively spend $ to temporarily make me feel better. I havent been on any meds for 2 months now and was doing well till a few days ago. My husband and i have been argueing a lot more. I notice that my anxiety goes thru the roof when he raises his voice (which he does a lot) and im breaking down. I started the visalus meal replacement shakes 2 weeks ago and physically i feel great. I added exercise today in hopes it will release some anxiety and depression. Idk but i think another appt is in order for my dr. I wish someone could get me whatever is needed! Maybe i need to go see a psychic...hmmmmm.....

Anyway...hello to everyone!