Just found out!

Options
gianessa
gianessa Posts: 23 Member
Hi, I just found out yesterday that I am expecting! According to my last period I am five weeks. I think I conceived on the 7th of this month... I am super happy, but nervous bc I am starting SO heavy! I don't want to gain extra weight I don't need!

Replies

• redtulips
    redtulips Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congatulations!
    dont worry at all, i too started heavy and i know its not really the best way to start pregnancy but you can still watch your calories and keep moving.
    it was difficult to keep the same level of activity due to the lack of energy i had during my first trimester but i really tried hard to keep moving and not surrender. i some times walked and some times did house chores that burns cals.
    Now i am feeling much better as i entered my second trimester and i think iam going to exercise regulary: i will do some walking and some strenght routines .
    i encourage you to do the same of course after talking to your doctor.
    Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • TheVioletM
    TheVioletM Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree with redtulips, getting over the exhaustion will be the hardest part!! It's rough!
    And, yes, it's not ideal to be starting heavier than you would like to be, but, I think it's better to focus on what you can do now, instead of what you could have done then.