Finding Time to Workout

Options
Hello Everyone!
I just need some inspiration on finding time to workout. School starts tomorrow and I work full time from 8-5 then usually go workout, but by the time I get home take a shower etc. Its already 8pm!!! And then its study time. I know I can do this, but it still sucks. Anyone struggling as well?

Replies

• MuffRuff
    MuffRuff Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I feel you girl! I have been on break too, and school starts on Wednesday for me. I plan on waking up at least an hour early to do my exercise. This way you are burning calories throughout the day, and you are not exhausted when you get home and can just do your homework and rest. Another solution could be to split up your workouts throughout your day. However, I find that if I do them early in the morning or before class I am more motivated and more awake. I plan on going to sleep earlier and waking up earlier.
  • blondierandi
    Options
    I agree. If you push it off until after you get home, you are too tired to do anything else and it is easy to make up excuses not to do the workout. Plus if you do workouts in the morning, it gets your blood pumping before your day begins allowing you to think better, function better, and most importantly sleep better.
  • Maelyn2323
    Options
    Agreed. Even waking up 30 minutes early to do some sort of exercise, be it walking, yoga, or just something to wake you up, will give you more energy for the day and get your metabolism going!
  • anasf139
    anasf139 Posts: 101
    Options
    I've had the same problems. I tried working out in the morning which generally works for me, but in all honesty I do some times does of in long not so interesting classes as a result of my ealry morning work out...but it might be the class?!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I am also trying the morning workout (class just started for me today, so we'll see how this goes); I went to the gym at 3am to get a burn going before class and before the gym got packed. I'm going to blame my tea wearing off, but I'm incredibly tired now and haven't started any class yet. :\ Might just be a "first day" thing though.
  • LoveableKitten
    Options
    I arranged my classes so that they are apart in length and time. But also so that I am done by 2 which means I can do my workout at 3 and any left over homework. I also changed some habits like I used to take the elevator now I jog up the three flights of stairs and walk everywhere.