Favorite place to walk in Cincy

Options
dmartin06
dmartin06 Posts: 8 Member
So does anyone have a fave place to take walks/runs in Cincy?

Replies

• Abbie_Thompson
    Abbie_Thompson Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Sharon Woods and the loveland bike trail are two of my favorites to walk.
  • fallonlaree
    Options
    When it is spring/early summer/early fall I love to just walk downtown and down OTR ((during the day)) - they have such pretty buildings to take pictures of and it's great exercise!

White Water Park has some great trails, and so does Devau Park over in NKY. I love going up there on a pretty day bc you have the lookout of the whole city and then the trails.
  • dmartin06
    dmartin06 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I live right on the Loveland trail and really enjoy it, but the straight line syndrome starts to get to me after awhile. I think it's my fave trail for biking. Devau Park sounds awesome I'm going to have to check it out! I also need to hit OTR during the day, so I can get some photos :)
  • Abbie_Thompson
    Options
    I live right on the Loveland trail and really enjoy it, but the straight line syndrome starts to get to me after awhile. I think it's my fave trail for biking. Devau Park sounds awesome I'm going to have to check it out! I also need to hit OTR during the day, so I can get some photos :)

I used to ride my bike on the loveland trail when I had one dog. I could hold Barley's leash and she'd run along beside me. I have four dogs now....so that would be a death wish! LOL I guess I could leave them at home but what's the point! If they can be with me, they are.
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Sharon Woods and the loveland bike trail are two of my favorites to walk.

Took the words right out of my mouth! I live fairly close to the Loveland trail so that's my spot. I used to work down the street from Sharon Woods so I'd hike there on my lunch breaks often. I took a nice picture there on one of my walks last year.

38763_1551861914364_1169617053_1591633_260372_a.jpg

And here's a beautiful pic I snapped on a bike ride from the Loveland trail:
    67304_1644027858455_1169617053_1819101_5499265_n.jpg
  • Russo_aj
    Russo_aj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lunken Airport and Armleder Park both connect to the Little Miami Bike Trail and Loveland Bike Trail now.
    Very cool that cincinnati is starting to adopt the alternative commuting style of the west coast.
    Also planned are more Cincinnati improvements. Here are 2 examples: http://www.easterncorridor.org/ & http://www.wassonway.org/
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I go to Miami Whitewater regularly.... and if I'm looking for a very unpopulated walk, I'll head to McFarlane Woods. I've been looking forward to hiking the 7 mile mountain bike trail at Mitchell Memorial but haven't gotten a chance yet.
  • Doresoontobehealthy
    Doresoontobehealthy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I love going to Glenwood Gardens to walk. They have a 3.2 mile trail that's beautiful visually but really challenging. The walking trail from Newport to downtown is really nice too.
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    So far this year, I've been really digging the Mt. Airy Forest trails.... they're way more rustic than the Hamilton County parks, but you can get lost there for hours... the E trail can be followed for up to 10 miles, but also splits nicely into smaller segments. Looking forward to maybe heading out West to Clifty Falls sometime this year...
  • airika8oh
    airika8oh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree- I love Lunken and Armleder for walking, running, or rollerblading. Loveland bike trail is great for rollerblading or biking. I think I would get bored running there though. I am also thrilled that so many trails are being added, extended and connecting. I have biked from Newtown to Loveland (stop and get a Hawaiian Ice) and back- it makes for a lovely day of bike-riding. I also enjoy walking downtown along the river through Sawyer Point, etc., and Eden Park is nice- some good hills. I am always looking for good places to hike as well... It seems the Cincinnati Nature Center and Eastfork are about the best I've found. Would love to hear other good hiking suggestions... I've never been to Mt Airy forest to hike (I've been told it's not safe- thoughts?).
  • bthumudo
    bthumudo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Loveland bike trail and pretty much anywhere along the Little Miami is great this time of year. Also love walking around Landen Lake.
  • I_drink_diesel
    Options
    Another vote for Sharon Woods.
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love Glenwood Gardens...The best part is it's a WALKING/JOGGING/RUNNING trail...No bikes, roller skates etc. allowed!! It's beautiful and the trail is quite challenging. There are always friendly people and cute dogs there!
  • Abbie_Thompson
    Options
    Where is Glenwood Gardens?
  • I walk the Loveland / Miami bike trail between Loveland and Mainville!