Recipe Share?

Options
dargytaylor
dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
How about sharing recipes here that we have tried?

Last night I made a Stuffed Cabbage Casserole. Very good!! (IMO). Here is the recipe:

skinnytaste.com

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/kalyns-stuffed-cabbage-casserole.html#more

Kalyn's Stuffed Cabbage Casserole

Servings: 10 • Serving Size: 1/10th with cheese • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 7 pts
Calories: 250.9 • Fat: 11.3 g • Protein: 16.9 g • Carb: 23.8 g • Fiber: 5.5 g • Sugar: 2 g
Sodium: 459 mg (without salt)

Without Cheese: • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 194.9 • Fat: 7.7 g • Protein: 10.5 g • Carb: 23 g • Fiber: 5.5 g • Sugar: 2 g
Sodium: 291.2 mg (without salt)

Ingredients:
2 tsp olive oil, divided
1 lb. 95% lean ground beef
1 large onion, chopped fine
1 tbsp finely minced garlic
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp sweet Hungarian Paprika
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1 1/2 heads green cabbage, coarsely chopped
1 can (14.5 oz.) petite dice tomatoes with juice
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1/4 cup water
2 cups cooked brown rice
2 cups low-fat mozzarella cheese (Sargento)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a large glass casserole dish with non-stick spray. (My dish was 13" x 10")
Heat a large frying pan on medium heat; add ground beef and cook until it's browned and cooked through,
breaking it apart as it cooks. Remove ground beef and set aside.
In the same pan, add 1 tsp olive oil, chopped onion and cook over medium heat until the onion is
translucent and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic, dried thyme, and paprika and
cook about 2 minutes more. Then add the diced tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, and ground beef. Add
water to the pan. Simmer until it's hot and slightly thickened, about 15-20 minutes.
While it simmers, cut cabbage in half, cut out the core, and remove any wilted outer leaves; chop the
cabbage coarsely into 1 inch pieces.
Heat remaining olive oil in a large frying pan or dutch oven; add the cabbage and cook over medium-high
heat until the cabbage is wilted and about half cooked, turning it over several times so it all wilts and cooks.
Season with salt and fresh-ground black pepper.
When the meat and tomato sauce mixture has cooked and thickened a bit, stir in the 2 cups of cooked rice
and gently combine.
Spray casserole dish with non-stick spray and the layer half the cabbage, half the meat mixture, remaining
cabbage, and remaining meat mixture. Cover tightly with foil and bake 40 minutes, or until the mixture is just
starting to bubble on the edges.
Remove foil and sprinkle on cheese (if using.) Bake uncovered an additional 20 minutes, or until the
cheese is melted and starting to slightly brown. Serve hot.

Freezer friendly if you have leftovers. To reheat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then either microwave
until hot or heat in the oven in a glass dish covered with foil.

Replies

• AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Oh, I saw that recipe and thought it looked good! I think I'm going to have to try that.
  • aash28
    aash28 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've posted a few recipes in the open group called, "17 Day Dieters Unite." If anyone's interested in giving that program a try, check out the recipes within that message board!
  • ChickaDee2012
    ChickaDee2012 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    195 calories? Nice! Sounds yummy :)
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Shirataki Noodle in a Beef Stir fry:

Shirataki noodles have to be rinsed under cold water for a while, then I put them overnight in a beef boullion.

Stir fry consisted of beef (but you can do chicken) onions, red peppers, garlic,sprouts, zuccini or whatever else you use.

Seriously, DELICIOUS and filling. The Shirataki noodles really are a great sub to any other asian noodles.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Tomatillo Chicken

I had lean chicken breast, sliced thin.

5 tomatillos
    Red peppers
    Jalapeno (I used only a few)
    Onions
    Garlic
    Adobo

Avocado

Brn rice
    Red kidney beans
    a packet of sazon

I husked the tomatillos, washed and cut them in half.

Cut open the peppers

Cut open the onion

Put the garlic in tin foil

And Roasted them all in the broiler on broil.

Once roasted, i put them in the blender and made a puree. (I have to continue this later sorry)
  • awdhemi
    awdhemi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Taco Soup (there are many different versions, but here is mine) It is a hit with the whole family!!

2 lbs. lean Ground Beef
    16oz jar Pace - Medium Chunky Salsa
    16oz jar Pace - Medium Picante Sauce,
    1 can Bush's Best - Black Beans - Reduced Sodium
    1 can Bush's Best - Dark Red Kidney Beans - Reduced Sodium
    1 can Libby's - Naturals Whole Kernel Sweet Corn - Reduced Sodium
    1 can Swanson's Cooking Stock 33% Less Sodium, Chicken - Chicken Broth
    Great Value Taco Seasoning Mix - Taco Seasoning Mix
    1/2 Generic - Onion - White, Raw Chopped

Makes about 11 cups. I eat 1 cup and it's very filling!

I cup = 248 cals, 26 carbs, 6 fat, 22 protein.
  • rlittle2
    rlittle2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    LOVE this Hungry Girl recipe for a chocolate fix!!!

Yum Yum Brownie Muffins

(1 Muffin, or 3 minis - 181 calories, 3.5g fat, 37g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5*)

This super-simple 2-ingredient recipe is a Weight Watchers Fave!

1 box devil's food cake mix
    1 can solid pack pumpkin (15 oz.)

Directions:
    Mix the two ingredients together. Don't add anything else that may be mentioned on the box, such as eggs, oil, or water. The mixture will be very thick and you will be tempted to add in other things to make the batter smoother. DO NOT DO THIS AS IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING! Place batter into muffin tins (or mini muffin tins) lined with paper, or sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 12 regular or 36 mini muffins.