Healthy Recipes! :)))

Options
i think that we should all post a healthy recipe...

this one is SOOO simple but really yummy. i got it from an app. I think it is called Fiesta chicken or something.

In a slow cooker, just place rinsed and drained black beans, corn, 1/2 jar salsa, (i added some cumin and other spices to kick it
up a notch)

stir that up and place 6-8 chicken breasts in there and top with more salsa. Cook on low for 6-8 hours and voila!!! You can also top with low fat cheese.

392 calories with the cheese and alot of protein from the chicken and beans!

Replies

• nikkicormier82
    nikkicormier82 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    OOH another simple one is baked paprika chicken or lemon pepper chicken:

preheat oven to 375 degrees F
    lightly grease a dish with olive oil and place skinless, boneless chicken in there.

Paprika: top chicken with pepper, garlic or garlic powder, poultry seasoning and paprika( i have smoked paprika at home)

Lemon Pepper: top chicken with garlic powder, onion pepper, and lemon pepper

Bake for 40 minutes or until done(more or less than 40).. check often, you can add a little water if it starts to stick to the dish
    You can also turn them over and season the other side when half the time is up.

133 calories

So easy!!
  • babyburr
    Options
    Thanks for this!! =) will try soon
  • iwannagetfitrightnow
    Options
    OOH another simple one is baked paprika chicken or lemon pepper chicken:

preheat oven to 375 degrees F
    lightly grease a dish with olive oil and place skinless, boneless chicken in there.

Paprika: top chicken with pepper, garlic or garlic powder, poultry seasoning and paprika( i have smoked paprika at home)

Lemon Pepper: top chicken with garlic powder, onion pepper, and lemon pepper

Bake for 40 minutes or until done(more or less than 40).. check often, you can add a little water if it starts to stick to the dish
    You can also turn them over and season the other side when half the time is up.

133 calories

So easy!!

Thanks, I will try this!

One of my favorite recipes ever is
    Thai Peanut Butter Chicken Lettuce Wraps
    You need:
    boneless chicken tenderloins
    fresh garlic
    big lettuce leaves (use butter or romaine)
    fresh lime
    peanut butter
    soy sayce
    siracha or hot sauce (optional)
    cucumber
    avocado
    fresh cilantro or mint
    white steamed rice (optional)

cut chicken in small pieces and sautee in healthy oil and garlic, set to the side
    use the pan juices from the chicken and add peanut butter in
    add a little water, a dash of hot sauce, soy sauce to taste, and the juice of one lime
    then chop cilantro/mint, avocado and cucumber into small pieces

wash lettuce leaves and serve

so basically you make a burrito where you just scoop some chicken, sauce, chopped veggies, (rice) etc and add peanut sauce on top

you can also add red onions, bell peppers, pineapple, etc..