Any Suggestions??

Hi everyone,

Just finished day 14 L2D4. I am feeling amazing!!! I can feel and see such a difference around my waist, my pants are so loose I have had to tighten the belt 2 notches. It's fantastic and I'm excited to keep going and see what I look like in 16 days!!!

However, I'm bummed that I've pulled something in my lower abs (just on one side)... I cant tell you how many times I said ouch or winced in pain. Did the best I could.. Not sure how you ice or heat this area or which to do. It started yesterday with ab work out where you lay with the weights above you and put your feet straight down and pull them up to the weights. I felt this tearing pain instantly... I was fine with them the other 2 days prior to that. It's right above my C-section cut, maybe some scar tissue pulled loose, dont know, but it's a killer all day long and gave me super trouble during my work out, even in the planks.. I did tough through it but I'd really hate to seriously injure myself. I dont know if I should Ice the area or Heat it?? Maybe I'll try some heat???

Any suggestions would be more than welcome. I do not want a day of rest though LOL If that can be avoided!

Thanks everyone!!!
Stefanie

Replies

• Pinkmaddycat
    Pinkmaddycat Posts: 175 Member
    i wish i could offer some advice but i cannot! Is it tender to touch, i sometimes find a little self massage and manipulation helps me personally, i hope it rights itself soon and you wince no more!
  • Tbirdgal_Stef
    Tbirdgal_Stef Posts: 142 Member
    Not tender to touch just to move in certain ways, I guess when I use those muscles. I looked it up and it's an abdominal strain/sprain. Oh just great, says rest is best and to warm the muscle before work out with a heating pad and ice it after. That's an odd spot to try and Ice. LOL

I'm going to just modify and stick with some regular cruches or as much as I can do with out yelling ouch!! I dont want to stop, I'm doing so good and finally have my shins to where they are screaming either.

Onward I go!!
  • djuniteus
    djuniteus Posts: 149
    Just take it Easy!!! A Strains/Sprains can turn into tears if you are not careful!!! I love the determination but please don't over do it!!!
  • Tbirdgal_Stef
    Tbirdgal_Stef Posts: 142 Member
    I will modify tomorrow and will heat before I start. The planks seem to bother this spot also, I guess since I use my abs for those that I may have to move back to level 1 if I cant do them without pain. I will see what tomorrow brings, I will try the level 2 again and Ice afterwards too.

Wish me luck :) LOL
  • djuniteus
    djuniteus Posts: 149
    Good Luck!! And there's no shame In Level one!! LOL, :)
  • sarashleyj
    sarashleyj Posts: 85 Member
    There is absolutely NO shame in Level 1! Move up only when you feel ready... it doesn't have to be after 10 days etc. Jillian works you hard. no matter what level!