Week 4 Challenge (Jan 22-28)

Options
Try a new activity! Whether its a workout DVD, Fitness Class, video game, whatever... Try a new fitness activity, and report how you did!!

Replies

• blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can't believe it's already 4 weeks into the year. This week I am borrowing a Zumba DVD from my MIL. I have been wanting to try it for a long time. I can't wait! Have a great week everyone!!
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Ok, couldn't quite figure out where or what to call it in the log so just stuck it under my treadmill time. I did 10 minutes on a recumbent cross-trainer, it's called a NuGo, arms legs, resistance training. First time I've hit a machine that made my knee hurt but I did have it on 8 out of 10 and did 537 steps in 10 minutes, lol.
  • dlmadeja
    dlmadeja Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Ok my new activity is I'm starting a swim class tonight! Hope everyone does good with their new activities!!
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    This is a good challenge. I think I am going to pick up kickboxing. Got to try something new.
  • dchienku
    dchienku Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    A new DVD ..biggeset loser calorie knockout!

Denise
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I'm new here!

My new things this week:
    1. 100 pushup program
    2. 200 squats program
    3. Plank a day challenge group
  • dchienku
    dchienku Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I am helping out Hayes1311 this week as she is out of town. Challenge complete!

Denise
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I didn't think I'd be able to do this, but got a nice surprise at the gym!

I haven't been for three months due to committments (put it on hold) It started up a week ago but have been lazy and not gone. Went today as softball was called off because of the heat. Was pleasantly surprised to find I could lift heavier than when I left.

I started my 20 minute walk on the treadmill. I've always done two and a half minutes on one level and then two and a half on a higher level. Today I started on 5.5 and went up to 6. The second last time I was on 6 and was not puffed. At all. Mind you this is the end of my work out, I'd done 10 minutes on the elliptical and strength training. I was sweating but not having an issue with doing the exercise. So I decided to go to 6.5. Tried to walk it but had to jog it. After a minute STILL not puffed. So I go up to 7. Did that for the last one and a half minutes before warming down! I was slightly puffed but not much! Looks like I'll be running on the treadmill from now on!
  • sheismith
    sheismith Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I was going to try Zumba but it didn't work out. So, I did a kickboxing workout. I loved it. It was so much fun.
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    going to keep moving......I sit a lot so going to find projects to do and move, from the couch to active.:wink:
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    In one of my challenges, I had to do 4,000 steps. Now that was my new activity. I've done them before; but, not that many. I'm happy to say that I completed it. Believe me, I didn't want to do it; but, I did it anyway!