Hi! My name is...

Options
I'm Trish...ordained in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and currently between churches, but preparing to start an interim ministry in April.

A few years ago, at my annual physical, my General Practitioner looked me straight in the eye and said: You can't take care of others, unless you take care of yourself.

Well, that was nice in theory...but in practice? Not so much. But like a CD on repeat, that statement has been in the back of my head...and a few months ago, I decided to do something about it.

It's pretty common knowledge that heart attacks, hypertension, obesity, diabetes, and other stress related diseases are disproportionately high in clergy. I'd like to see this change.

So join me on this journey...where we can pray for each other, encourage each other, hold each other accountable, and yet, find grace and hope in the midst of an often times, trying and exhausting call to do Gods work in the world. Blessings and peace to you all....

Replies

• EmmasMomma
    Options
    I'm an ordained congregational minister - and I love the idea of this group... Looking forward to having the support to keep us all on the right track!
  • ttwsweet
    Options
    I'm an ordained congregational minister - and I love the idea of this group... Looking forward to having the support to keep us all on the right track!

Welcome!!
  • Jeremysircy
    Options
    my name is jeremy and im not a pastor but i am the outreach director for Living springs nazarene in gallatin tn and i would love to be a part of this group if you will have me , i just started this program 2 weeks ago and have lost 7 lbs so far and have many more to lose i look forward to sharing with you
  • ttwsweet
    Options
    my name is jeremy and im not a pastor but i am the outreach director for Living springs nazarene in gallatin tn and i would love to be a part of this group if you will have me , i just started this program 2 weeks ago and have lost 7 lbs so far and have many more to lose i look forward to sharing with you

But of course, Jeremy!!! We've ALL been called by God... I just think that those of us who work in the church, sometimes get so consumed with helping others, we fail to help ourselves! Welcome and Congrats on a 7 pound loss!!!!

Curious... as outreach director... is that social justice outreach or evangelisim?
  • Jeremysircy
    Options
    evangelism definitely its the weakness in our community . there doesnt seem to be an urgency to share CHRIST with anyone outside the church it amazes me how great we say JESUS is and yet we are so hesitant to share the GOSPEL.
  • Portly_Priest_no_more
    Options
    Hi, I'm Paul, an Anglican (read Episcopalian) priest in one of Canada's Arctic communities. Lots of people needing to lose weight up here, but I think I'm the only one on mfp in my area. Hopefully I can support you all, as you help me. Blessings to all.