Do you take any fitness classes available at the base gyms?

Options
What do you take? Do you prefer evening, afternoon, or morning? What do you do with your kiddos (if you have any)?

Replies

• lettydawn
    Options
    Our base does not have a gym so we have two options open to us. The YMCA in our area has free memberships for military and their families and they provide child care. I do not go any more because live off base and live too far to make the trip. When we did live near enough, I would go in the mornings. Also, the base will pay for us to use another gym. They have child care, but it is our responsibility to pay for that.

I personally have been doing the 30 day shred by Jillian Michael. It is tough. Plus I have started doing Plates, and I was surprised by how much of a work out that was!
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Right now yoga is the only class late enough for me to get to after work. I might try leaving a little early one or two days a week to catch a spin class or a lifting class.
  • marine_wife0520
    Options
    We don't have room in our budget to pay for a gym membership and I can't go the base gyms because of child care issues, plus we live 15 minutes away from each base. I do workout videos at home during nap time and while my daughter is at school.
  • FitqueenT
    FitqueenT Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I used to go to post gym at Ft bragg, nc. I took spinning, step, body pump, and zumba classes. I went in the morning while my son was at school( he was 3 and 4 at the times). We moved to ft hood, TX this past summer; I've been to the gym here a couple of times but I rather workout at home.
  • kimclaws
    kimclaws Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I take the TRX classes, and the body Combat classes. I plan on trying their yoga as soon as they offer it at a better time, :/ noon is just not convenient!
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've gone to classes on post and I love to go to Zumba. I just LOVE ZUMBA!!! The intructor that I love only teaches at night so that is when I go, and my husband usually watches my kids for me so I can go! :) He is leaving for overseas next month though and I don't think I will be able to go anymore! I might be able to make it happen with the help of some of my friends but we will see!
  • lovinmysoldier
    lovinmysoldier Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Our post has WONDERFUL exercise classes and gyms. They currently offer childcare at one of the gyms that you can use while taking classes or going to any gym on post but that will be closing next month :( .
    I go in the mornings after I drop my older two off at school, I take my youngest to the daycare and workout for an hour. If I do any other time it probably wouldn't happen, life is too unpredictable these days.
  • orionling
    orionling Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'd love to, but I don't have childcare for my littlest ones. I could use drop-in care at the child development center but I'm a cheapskate :)
  • Pandahead
    Pandahead Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'd love to, but I don't have childcare for my littlest ones. I could use drop-in care at the child development center but I'm a cheapskate :)

Same here!