Welcome! Tell us a little about your goals!

Options
I started this group to help Support you in your fitness journey!Please tell ue a little about yourself and some of your goals,so that we all can help motivate each other! Support is KEY in this journey to being healthy!!

I am a mother of three, that has always had an interest in fitness but could never find something for the "long run". Now I have found it and want to share what I have found with you! Let me help you reach your goals! I have done Slim and 6,Brazil Butt lift,Turbo Fire,P90X,INSANITY,and will be getting Les Mills PUMP next week! I am a Beachbody Coach and love helping others reach the goals that they set for themselves.I have learned that in life, you cannot inspire someone to truly take action and CHANGE with words alone.. You have to FIRST be willing to TAKE ACTION yourself and reach outside your comfort level to prove to them that it CAN be DONE! Because of this, I strive to be in a constant state of growth via personal development and new challenges. I am motivated by lofty goals and things that seem impossible to others, because I love defying the odds and playing by my own rules!
Please feel free to "friend"me I love meeting and connecting with new people!
What Beachbody Program are you doing??

Replies

• kylee2011
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am doing Insanity for the second time around. I started it last May and got to 40 days and saw great results but kind of lost track over the summer and didn't really get back into it. Now, my husband and I are back at it! My goal is to lose 30 lbs that I have gained over the last 8 years of being married and having kids. Thanks for the group! I love Insanity! We also have P-90X but haven't done it yet. Do you recommend mixing it up? Or completing the 60 days of Insanity and then moving on to P-90X? Also, I don't have a heart rate monitor yet and was wondering approx. how many calories are burned during the 40 minute Insanity workouts?

Thanks again!
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I've done several Beach body programs and really love the company and what they stand for. I started 3 years ago when I turned 50 with Ten Minute Trainer (TMT). After that I have done Chalean Extreme several times,Insanity, Turbo Fire and P90X. Now I am doing Turbo Fire/P90X Hybrid. I like variety so the 90 programs are great for me. In the beginning I only wanted to lose 10 lbs, but now I've lost 20 lbs. Maintenance seems to be the most difficult for me. Any suggestions???
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Hello
    Im 43 married 2 little ones and Ive lost about 60 lbs just by eating healthier and running or some type of cardio for the past year and half. Lateley ive been wanting to tone things up. For the past month of so Ive been just doing the abripper 200 daily so im wanting to step things up a bit.
  • noverton75
    Options
    Hello! I am married with two five year olds. Started Insanity after Christmas and I am now on week 3 and this week has been difficult but I am pushing through. My goal is to lose 30 lbs and need as much motivation as possible. :)
  • twinnysmom
    Options
    Thank you, I have been doing Insanity about 4 weeks, I feel great, and I have made progress, but not as much as I wish lol
  • twinnysmom
    Options
    Hello, Keep going, it gets easier after the 3rd week, we are ending our fourth week and I feel much better, more energy and I am stating to see changes. I have four kids, my last pregnancy was twins.
  • Thefitnessvixen
    Options
    Thank you, I have been doing Insanity about 4 weeks, I feel great, and I have made progress, but not as much as I wish lol

I saw the most changes in the 2nd month!Keep going you got this only 4 more weeks! You got this!!!
  • brushe
    brushe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    hello. name is Brian. On round 3 of p90x. Picked up Insanity and will start that in April. Excited to be a part of this group. Goal is to lose another 10-15 pounds. Down 21lbs since I started MFP. Friend me if you would like.
  • aprilbollers
    Options
    Hi,
    Personally, I'm not interested in spending a lot of money on videos and equipment. I do have an ongoing gym membership and all I need to know is how to get the best results the fastest. I've been working out and dieting on and off for 12 years and have never been able to maintain my motivation, even though I've actually been working out steadily for the last 2 years. I should by a dynamo by now, but because of all the yo-yo exercising and dieting, I keep delaying my progress and feeling worse about it every time. If this is the place to find and maintain motivation, count me in!
  • Thefitnessvixen
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am doing Insanity for the second time around. I started it last May and got to 40 days and saw great results but kind of lost track over the summer and didn't really get back into it. Now, my husband and I are back at it! My goal is to lose 30 lbs that I have gained over the last 8 years of being married and having kids. Thanks for the group! I love Insanity! We also have P-90X but haven't done it yet. Do you recommend mixing it up? Or completing the 60 days of Insanity and then moving on to P-90X? Also, I don't have a heart rate monitor yet and was wondering approx. how many calories are burned during the 40 minute Insanity workouts?

Thanks again!

If you do INSANITY and P90X I am thinking you might over train,I would just do INSANITY then P90X when you are done.I think that P90X will be a great change for your body,since it is not that much cardio,but strength training.You will get some of the fat off with INSANITY then tone and lean out with P90X.
  • Thefitnessvixen
    Options
    Hello
    I've done several Beach body programs and really love the company and what they stand for. I started 3 years ago when I turned 50 with Ten Minute Trainer (TMT). After that I have done Chalean Extreme several times,Insanity, Turbo Fire and P90X. Now I am doing Turbo Fire/P90X Hybrid. I like variety so the 90 programs are great for me. In the beginning I only wanted to lose 10 lbs, but now I've lost 20 lbs. Maintenance seems to be the most difficult for me. Any suggestions???

How is your diet??Are you eating pretty clean?
  • Thefitnessvixen
    Options
    This is 1 year ago just starting Turbo Fire......

7-1-11008-2.jpg

These are my INSANITY results.....

INSANITY9-26-11005-1-1.jpg

Iimg]INSANITY9-26-11004-1-1.jpg

INSANITY9-26-11007-1-1.jpg

INSANITY9-26-11004-2.jpg
  • Thefitnessvixen
    Options
    Several studies have proven that a BELIEF in your ability to perform the tasks necessary to succeed combined with a lack of fear of failure, is a recipe for SUCCESS! Believe in yourself - crave success more than you fear failure and who KNOWS what heights you can reach! Let's DO this!!!
  • gnikki0
    gnikki0 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am 26 years and had my first child six months ago! Trying to get my body back lol! I have used Slim in 6, Turbo Jam, and Hip Hop Abs in the past! I start Turbo Fire Monday and CAN'T WAIT!!! Good luck on your goals, friends!
  • fourthirtyten
    Options
    Hi! :-) I'm 28 and live in Maryland. I lost 40 lbs in 2011 and hoping to lose another 20-30 this year before. I did a round of TurboFire last summer - and then school started, so I slipped a bit. I got ChaLEAN Extreme for Christmas so I'm currently doing a TurboFire/CLX hybrid. I absolutely ADORE Chalene and simply cannot get enough of her and her programs! :-)

Looking forward to this group! Anyone can feel free to add me! :-)
  • BC_Babe
    BC_Babe Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm married with 3 kids, most recently 9 months! I just turned 30 in December. I started TurboFire yesterday...I have about 40 lbs to lose. I did 2 days of TJ before I started yesterday so I'm a little sore and I'm so excited for my rest day tomorrow! :bigsmile:
  • Egatewood
    Options
    Hi, I have been doing insanity for about a week now, my goal is to be slimmer at the end of the 60days. After this I would like to try the Insanity Asylum, anybody know what that is about ?
  • KingdomHeiress5
    KingdomHeiress5 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I am a 32 year old mother of 5 who has decided to take on a healthier lifestyle. Right now, I am in the gym and doing Zumba. I am looking to invest in either Turbo Fire, Insanity, or both. I'm not really sure which to do first. My overall weight loss goal is 65 pounds with 6 lost so far. I not only want to lose weight, but I want to tone and increase my endurance and stamina. I also plan on purchasing a heart rate monitor once I purchase these series in order to get an accurate guage of what I'm burning. I look forward to all that you all have to sharing as well as sharing with you in return. Best wishes!!
  • MissMamaK
    MissMamaK Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a 28 year old mother of 2 and need to get back into shape. I got really into training and going to the gym after I had my first son...I even wanted to be in professional bikini/figure competitions and was well on my way until I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd son. I am back to working full time and have found such a hard time trying to get that mind set back to where it was before I had my babies. It just so happens now, that my husband and I are finally going to have an actual wedding at the end of this year. I bought a wedding dress that was my pre-baby #2 size as a little extra motivation to drop the lbs. I have been doing the Brazil Butt Lift from home in the morning before work, and even doing some light weight training and 20 minutes of cardio during my lunch break at work (we have a gym upstairs in my office - which makes me have absolutely NO excuses whatsoever). I haven't had much luck so far with the weight loss though and don't seem to be dropping a whole lot yet...am I doing something wrong? Should I crack down harder on my diet? HELP! :) My goal is to lose 35 lbs!!
  • Thefitnessvixen
    Options
    Hello, I am a 28 year old mother of 2 and need to get back into shape. I got really into training and going to the gym after I had my first son...I even wanted to be in professional bikini/figure competitions and was well on my way until I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd son. I am back to working full time and have found such a hard time trying to get that mind set back to where it was before I had my babies. It just so happens now, that my husband and I are finally going to have an actual wedding at the end of this year. I bought a wedding dress that was my pre-baby #2 size as a little extra motivation to drop the lbs. I have been doing the Brazil Butt Lift from home in the morning before work, and even doing some light weight training and 20 minutes of cardio during my lunch break at work (we have a gym upstairs in my office - which makes me have absolutely NO excuses whatsoever). I haven't had much luck so far with the weight loss though and don't seem to be dropping a whole lot yet...am I doing something wrong? Should I crack down harder on my diet? HELP! :) My goal is to lose 35 lbs!!

REALLY look at your diet! Also you might want to up your cardio.How often are you lifting??How mAny times are you eating and what are you eating??These really make a difference in your journey....also ahve you taken your measurments??They (inches)sometimes are the first thing to start to drop...instead of the weight!