GRRRRR to all men

Options
jenbit
jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
LOL sorry I'm a little annoyed. I have this guy friends who I've know for years. Well ever since my ex boyfriend and I split there has been alot of flirting. Things were great and fun then I get "THE MESSAGE" as my sister put it. It was a text about how much he was into me and how much fun he has with me and how he cant get me off his mind. BUT he cant be with me cause he is freinds with my ex...WTH Its not like their best friends or anything. But anyways I tell him it ok that I really like him and its cool to be just friends. Then this weekend I end up hanging out with him at a bar. It was the first time he had hung with me in forever. Well he leans in and tells me you know I've been avoiding you right. And I told him he didnt have to. He said he had to cause he couldnt get his mind off of me. I reminded him that he is the one with issues here not I. To wrap it up we ended up making out and he was telling me how he was over it. Great right ?
Unitl the next morning we he sent me a text that said he was sorry about last night. GRRRRRRR.

Heres the thing. This guys is super nice he funny and I really like him. I know he likes me but he has that hangup about my ex. What do I do :grumble:

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Get your ex to tell him its fine for him to date you? Or ask your ex if he has any issues with you dating him? Either way, I think he just needs your ex's approval. Brotherhood stuff! :bigsmile:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I will probably sound snarky but if he really wants to be with you (not just a one nighter) then he needs to man up and speak to his friend about it.
    If he won`t then I see it being a real red flag and eventually a dead end for you.

On edit...
    A friend who saw this thread on my news feed but not a member of this group made this suggestion.

"Start avoiding him, she is making it too easy for him and he is only getting opposition from her ex being his friend. I am not saying to make it damn near impossible, but if her really wants her he needs to feel like he needs to make the effort and while she is making it so easy for him he just wont feel that need. If he ends up moving on, then he is not for her and she needs a man who will see her as worthy of great efforts".
  • jenbit
    Options
    See I dont know if my ex would tell him its ok to date me .....Hes kinda an @$$.I am gonna try to make myself less avalible though its hard cause we hang in the same places
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    See I dont know if my ex would tell him its ok to date me .....Hes kinda an @$$.I am gonna try to make myself less avalible though its hard cause we hang in the same places

If being friends with the guy means more to him or he would give up without an argument then you can do better. :flowerforyou:
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    He obviously needed the drinks to get past the guilt he was feeling. I would put it to a stand, the whole, him or me question (while he's sober). If he starts talking about your ex being a good friend, how he shouldn't, then say okay, it's done. Friends.
  • jenbit
    Options
    Thanks for the advice..... I'm going to try to basically hide from him until he can figure **** out. Only problem is we hang at all the same spots and I know he knows where I'll be friday night. Wonder if he will show up. This is frustrating :sad:
  • agregson1985
    agregson1985 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Make sure you look dam hot when you go out friday in case he is there! and make sure you are having fun and he sees it! Play hard to get!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Its that damn guy code...