I'm getting married!

Options
kateopotato
kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
Hey pin-ups! So glad to have this group back! I wasn't always the most active participant in the discussions, but I always read.

Anyway, this comes at a great time because I'm getting married in June! I still have at LEAST 20 lbs until my goal weight, but not holding my breath on being there by my wedding day. I kind of stopped being as diligent about tracking food and exercise since around thanksgiving but then I got engaged and thought the few pounds I put on would come right off... But there are still remnants of them! I am SO close to ONEderland and I think I just have a mental block about getting there. I must say that I AM proud of myself for staying within 8 lbs of my lowest mfp weight over the holidays (and my birthday)...

Anyway! Just wanted to post and say hi and hope this keeps me on track!!

Replies

• Linda916
    Linda916 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I must say, I just love your profile picture! It is adorable! Congrats on the wedding in June! Many blessing on your journey into married life! I just got married last February and it's the best! (2nd marraiges for both of us). Funny part is, he asked me out back in the mid 80's but I said no! Finally in 2011 i said yes! Well, the story isn't quite that simple....

Anyway, I'm happy to see and hear that you are happy!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! I can't wait to see your weight go down week by week in the chart! :) I think the biggest thing is not to stress yourself out about the weight loss and losing X amount in time. Just put the work in and enjoy the results on your big day. :flowerforyou:
  • poundhound52
    Options
    Awww, that's so exciting, congratulations!
  • MarieKae45
    MarieKae45 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Enjoy your time while planng ur big day. Stay focused on eating as healthy as possibly and u will whittle away at the lbs. Walk alittle everyday if u can...even just 15 mins to clear the stress and keep ur eye on the ball!!

Congrats again!:drinker:
  • kateopotato
    Options
    I've been at this for so long that I am not hyper focused on the numbers on the scale. I would like them to go down, obviously, but really I need to start focusing more on toning and hopefully weight loss will be a nice side effect lol. Luckily I already have my dress and I can get it zipped up and everything. I would just be a little more comfortable if my arms/back were a little more toned :)

I do need to try to remember to exercise more. It is a great stress reliever and I do like it when I am doing it (usually)... Sometimes life gets so busy that it's hard to tell myself that the gym would me more satisfying than sitting on the couch after work! Haha
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Congrats...I"m so happy for you!!! :smile:
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • menglema
    Options
    Congrats!! you look so happy in your pic :flowerforyou:

There is a great series of yoga workouts on Hulu by yogaworks. They have short and long workouts. The short ones only burn about 50 calories but they continue the progress of long/lean muscles without taking an hour out of day. They are great on non-motivated workout days.
  • kateopotato
    Options

There is a great series of yoga workouts on Hulu by yogaworks. They have short and long workouts. The short ones only burn about 50 calories but they continue the progress of long/lean muscles without taking an hour out of day. They are great on non-motivated workout days.

Awesome! I will have to check those out!! Thanks for the tip :)
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options

I'll have to check this out as well! :flowerforyou:
  • JoJoDoerr
    JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!
  • grendella
    grendella Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    yay!
  • jenmarie2012
    jenmarie2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Thats so exciting!
  • MarieKae45
    MarieKae45 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've been at this for so long that I am not hyper focused on the numbers on the scale. I would like them to go down, obviously, but really I need to start focusing more on toning and hopefully weight loss will be a nice side effect lol. Luckily I already have my dress and I can get it zipped up and everything. I would just be a little more comfortable if my arms/back were a little more toned :)

I do need to try to remember to exercise more. It is a great stress reliever and I do like it when I am doing it (usually)... Sometimes life gets so busy that it's hard to tell myself that the gym would me more satisfying than sitting on the couch after work! Haha

Hear all that. I still have weight to go but i used the christmas vacation to try maintaing What i Lost and that Was different but not to Hard. I was ultimately successful but i admi. I was a Little nervous @ first.
  • WadeyLady
    Options
    Congratulations! I love wedding news.....that and baby news always put a massive grin on my face!