tuscan soup recipe

Options
Morning...wanted to share a great recipe I tried yesterday for Tuscan soup.

chop and saute 4 cloves of garlice and about 5-6 small onions in 1 T of olive oil.
Add 2 containers of vegetable broth, i added another container of same size water.
1 can chopped tomatoes with garlic
2 cup carrots chopped
4-5 small potatoes chopped in small pieces
I let this simmer for about an hour then added
2 cans beans, your choice
lg pkg baby spinach
a few sprigs of tyme
salt and pepper flakes to taste

This made a large batch of soup that was very yummy.

Replies

• claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Did you type in all your ingredients to the recipe calculator? I bet it's low in calories!
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    I didnt but i'll have to check that out, it was very filling though and will definitely make it again!
  • yestowellness
    yestowellness Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Morning...wanted to share a great recipe I tried yesterday for Tuscan soup.

chop and saute 4 cloves of garlice and about 5-6 small onions in 1 T of olive oil.
    Add 2 containers of vegetable broth, i added another container of same size water.
    1 can chopped tomatoes with garlic
    2 cup carrots chopped
    4-5 small potatoes chopped in small pieces
    I let this simmer for about an hour then added
    2 cans beans, your choice
    lg pkg baby spinach
    a few sprigs of tyme
    salt and pepper flakes to taste

This made a large batch of soup that was very yummy.

Yummy! Thanks for sharing. Do you mind if I post it on my MFP blog? It's called Vegetarian in bed with Meat Eaters. In February I'll be placing a recipe a week. ll give you credit.
  • yestowellness
    yestowellness Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yummy! Thanks for sharing. Do you mind if I post it on my MFP blog? It's called Vegetarian in bed with Meat Eaters. In February I'll be placing a recipe a week. ll give you credit.
  • oceanrose78
    oceanrose78 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This is really close to my base soup recipe I make every week.

1 qt container unsalted veg stock
    carrots,
    celery,
    onion,
    garlic,
    1/2 C barley or brown rice
    1 can or frozen container beans
    ----
    Any of the following that I happen to have. I use all of my leftover veggies in this soup:

kale
    spinach
    bell peppers
    chard
    asparagus
    peas
    beans
    zucchini
    mushrooms
    cauliflower (really!)
    ---
    If I use mushrooms I typically don't add a can of crushed tomatoes, if I don't, then I add it in.

Season with a bunch of Italian seasonings, basil, oregano, and fresh cracked black pepper. Bring to a boil and cook till the veggies are tender and the flavors blend (about 1 hour on the stovetop).

This lasts us about 3 days and averages out to 180 cals per serving normally when I enter it into the database. It's also really economical since I use up all the veggies that would otherwise go to waste.
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options

Oh my i'm so sorry i didnt get back to you on this, of course you can use it!