BLACK TEAM WEEK 4 CHALLENGE

Options
jomom2
jomom2 Posts: 429 Member
Wow! I can not believe we are starting week 4! I hope everyone is having a great week, I know there are a few of our members that are sick this week. Hope you feel better, drink lots of water!

This week, we have some members that are stuggling, let us as a whole help them out with encouragement and tips. Put your exercise/diet/recipe tips here. We all need each other to reach our goals! ****Remember if you lose 1lb a week that adds up to about 50lbs a year*** POUND IS A POUND!!!

Don't forget to check out the challenge Pam put up for everyone!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK TEAM!!!

Replies

• just2liveagain
    Options
    Oooh I like this one! I am one that is struggling, with what I eat, I would love to see some recipe ideas on here!
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Great challenge! I will try to post more this week. Sorry I have been MIA! Work plus school plus life= busy! But I'm going to make it a priority to check in once a day if I can! Go Black Team!
  • Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge! It's such an awesome idea since I struggle with a lot of things with eating and sometimes exercising. I'll try to get some of my own tips up here when I have time. Right now time for bed y'all. Have a good night:)
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I like the challenge and once I feel better I will post some of favorite recipes.
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I love putting chicken in my crock-pot. I just use bonless skinless chicken breast and pour fit and active chicken broth and a can of fire roasted tomatoes in the crock and let that baby cook all day. It is low cal and delicious. I've also used salsa. Then have a little salad and I am full.
    I'm big on chicken so I'm always looking for ways to change it up!!
  • bromax
    bromax Posts: 12
    Options
    Moderation is key!!
  • JackieMac979
    JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi! I can be counted as one of the sick members this week. You'll see cough drops and hot tea in my journal as the evidence!

My tips for exercise is that I won't let myself sit and vegetate on the couch watching TV. I put a bike in my family room and do that while I watch TV. I do the elliptical or a DVD when I can, and also try to get out cor C25K with my dog (and sometimes my son in his stroller, but he's sick too.)

My meals are either Medifast portion controlled meal replacements (sometimes I substitute with an Atkins or often with an Advant-Edge EAS product) and once a day I have a meal with lean protein and salad or veggies. I sometimes snack on portion controlled packs of pistachios, or a few peanuts. I watch my carb intake. I lose quickly this way (quicker than the MFP goal, anway, but that makes me happy.)
  • jomom2
    Options
    I love putting chicken in my crock-pot. I just use bonless skinless chicken breast and pour fit and active chicken broth and a can of fire roasted tomatoes in the crock and let that baby cook all day. It is low cal and delicious. I've also used salsa. Then have a little salad and I am full.
    this sounds so good. Do you get the fit and active chicken broth at a Whole Foods or reg. grocery store? I have to try it out. I love to use the crock pot.
  • jomom2
    Options
    Hi! I can be counted as one of the sick members this week. You'll see cough drops and hot tea in my journal as the evidence!

My tips for exercise is that I won't let myself sit and vegetate on the couch watching TV. I put a bike in my family room and do that while I watch TV. I do the elliptical or a DVD when I can, and also try to get out cor C25K with my dog (and sometimes my son in his stroller, but he's sick too.)

My meals are either Medifast portion controlled meal replacements (sometimes I substitute with an Atkins or often with an Advant-Edge EAS product) and once a day I have a meal with lean protein and salad or veggies. I sometimes snack on portion controlled packs of pistachios, or a few peanuts. I watch my carb intake. I lose quickly this way (quicker than the MFP goal, anway, but that makes me happy.)
    That is a great idea, I have my spinning bike in the garage, that I keep saying I jump on and never do. I think I will stick it in my family room and do some spinning while I watch tv. I also love Edge EAS, low in cals. and good amount of protein. I am also watching my carb intake.
  • jomom2
    Options
    Moderation is key!!
    You are right! We can eat everything we want, we just have to eat smaller portions.
  • jomom2
    Options
    I find it easier when I minimize my sugar and carb intake. I the only sugar I am consuming right now is from fruit, so it is natural sugar. As far as the carbs go, I will have it for breakfast or lunch and I just have one portion. I feel when I do not have much of both, I stay fuller.
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    this sounds so good. Do you get the fit and active chicken broth at a Whole Foods or reg. grocery store? I have to try it out. I love to use the crock pot.

I get it at my local WalMart!!
  • Timeformyself
    Timeformyself Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have to schedule my exercise for the day in the morning or even the day before. I always tell myself I am going to get up and go in the a.m., but doing so requires me getting up at 4:50 to get to the gym in time to get a decent work out in. I like going to classes at the gym better than just getting on an elliptical or treadmill because I just get bored too quickly. I find a class the day before that I want to go to and then tell my husband so he can push me out the door if need be.

I just started the C25K program as well and found a podcast that I downloaded on my ipod. I am not a runner at all, but because you start out only doing 1 minute of running and 1.5 minutes of walking the first week I have been able to do it with no problem. I am getting ready to start week 2 and am "planning on going tomorrow morning". Change that I WILL GO TOMORROW MORNING AND WILL POST IT HERE!!!!!

Sorry I know I am rambling but there are just too many thoughts going through my head!!!
  • jomom2
    Options
    I have to schedule my exercise for the day in the morning or even the day before. I always tell myself I am going to get up and go in the a.m., but doing so requires me getting up at 4:50 to get to the gym in time to get a decent work out in. I like going to classes at the gym better than just getting on an elliptical or treadmill because I just get bored too quickly. I find a class the day before that I want to go to and then tell my husband so he can push me out the door if need be.

I just started the C25K program as well and found a podcast that I downloaded on my ipod. I am not a runner at all, but because you start out only doing 1 minute of running and 1.5 minutes of walking the first week I have been able to do it with no problem. I am getting ready to start week 2 and am "planning on going tomorrow morning". Change that I WILL GO TOMORROW MORNING AND WILL POST IT HERE!!!!!

Sorry I know I am rambling but there are just too many thoughts going through my head!!!

The C25k program sounds very interesting! I am going to look into that. I feel the same way about being on the treadmill or elliptical they can get very boring. I like classes too. I love bootcamp style classes, they really make you get a good cal. burn. My favorite is spinning, I am trying to get back to being able to last in a spinning class. I use to love it so much.
  • LeighAnnaMS
    Options
    I use Isagenix products, all have great lean protein and really helps me stay accountable to calories. each meal replacement is 240 cals, I can last until lunch if I have one on my way to work!

For my one meal a day I eat lean meat or tofu, typically chicken. I have been making extra lean chicken tacos - they have been great and my finacee makes a chili the next day in the crock pot with the left overs :)

I am one of the strugglers in this group right now... I am scared for tomorrow as it is my works holiday party, with an open bar and bar foods for dinner :( I am going to really try to stay accountable! Probably drink Vodka, Water and Lime lol 90 cals/drink ... Hopefully only have a couple ;) any other low cal alcoholic drink options out there?
  • TAC2413
    TAC2413 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Okay... so if you look back at my food diary, you will see that I eat white chili A-LOT. I make it in my crock pot then freeze it up in individual servings (because my husband won't eat it) each recipe makes 4 good sized portions. I usually serve it with rice or QUINOA!! super tasty!

White Chili
    12 oz Great Northern Beans (1 can)
    12 oz. Black Beans (1 can)
    12 oz. other Beans (1 can)
    2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 can original rotel

Cook everything on low 6-8 hours.

I use frozen chicken breasts and they turn out just fine! My 6 quart crock pot will hold 2 full recipes of this. You can reduce the sodium content by using dried beans, but I've never done this.

Camille
  • Timeformyself
    Options
    Okay... so if you look back at my food diary, you will see that I eat white chili A-LOT. I make it in my crock pot then freeze it up in individual servings (because my husband won't eat it) each recipe makes 4 good sized portions. I usually serve it with rice or QUINOA!! super tasty!

White Chili
    12 oz Great Northern Beans (1 can)
    12 oz. Black Beans (1 can)
    12 oz. other Beans (1 can)
    2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 can original rotel

This sounds good and easy. I am going to give it a try this weekend.
    Cook everything on low 6-8 hours.

I use frozen chicken breasts and they turn out just fine! My 6 quart crock pot will hold 2 full recipes of this. You can reduce the sodium content by using dried beans, but I've never done this.

Camille
  • Timeformyself
    Options
    I make a chicken fajita tortilla soup that I saw on Rachel Ray. It is really easy and YUM!!!! I put a few baked tortilla chips on top, some avocado and a squeeze of lime juice and it is DELISH!!!! Look it up on Foodnetwork by searching for Chicken Fajita Tortilla Soup. You won't be sorry.
  • jomom2
    Options
    I make a chicken fajita tortilla soup that I saw on Rachel Ray. It is really easy and YUM!!!! I put a few baked tortilla chips on top, some avocado and a squeeze of lime juice and it is DELISH!!!! Look it up on Foodnetwork by searching for Chicken Fajita Tortilla Soup. You won't be sorry.
    Sounds amazing! I have to check it out!
  • michaelvhawk
    michaelvhawk Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I was amongst the sick last week and I know it can be very difficult to stay on track while you are sick. If anything I think it helped me to lose more weight because I didn't have any desire to eat anything during that time. The problem is that I wasn't getting enough calories during that time. Now I am concerned to see what the effects of starting to eat normally again this week.

As far as finding the right balance of nutrition while I am healthy. I find myself simply asking myself before I eat anything how it is going to fuel my body. If it isn't going to add usable fuel to my body and satisfy my hunger substantially I simply skip it, it isn't worth the calories it adds to my day. I have completely changed my mindset from food as a pleasure to simply thinking as food as fuel.