June Bride

Options
Hi,
I am getting married on June 2, 2012 and desperately need to loose weight!! I am hoping to find and keep the motivation with this group!:heart:

Replies

• amylynna1
    amylynna1 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I will help support you!:flowerforyou:
  • gump001
    Options
    I am getting married June 23, 2012. I am also looking for some support I am need to lose 12-15 lbs by then....Eeeek!!
  • cbdphillips
    Options
    Hi,

I'm geting married on the 11th June. Like you I need motivation. I've joined the gym and when I start to give up I imagine myself in my dress and that helps a lot. Still hard though!

Best wishes!
    Candice
  • captiva0513
    Options
    Me too! Our wedding is 6/30/12. You can do it!
  • fairycakes85
    Options
    Hello all, im new to mfp, I am getting married on 23rd june also. My aim is to lose 35lb by then, my 1st week i have lost 5,5lb so hoping to keep motivated. My wedding dress is a dress size smaller so i dont have much choice!!! Good luck everyone and im sure with each others support we can all be beautiful brides in june!!
  • tinkerbell42381
    tinkerbell42381 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm getting married June 22nd, and my goal is to lose 18 lbs by then...I've lost 3.5, so 15 to go! It's nice to have other brides getting married in the same month helping to motivate one another :)
  • Snr1
    Snr1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm Sara and I am getting married on June 1, 2012. I am so excited! I would really like to lose about 10 lbs and get closer to what i weighed when my fiance and I first got together 5 years ago. This was in high school, so I don't expect to have the same body, but I would like to get in good shape and tone up. I exercise fairly regularly, but my weakness is junk food and desserts.
  • teedlemac862003
    Options
    Hello! I am getting married on June 9th! I'm so excited to be starting out on MFP and I hope that it will really help me! Snr1...I'm in your exact situation! My fiance and I met 5 1/2 years ago, and I weighed 15 lbs less than I do now! I would really like to take off some, if not ALL of that weight by the time we get married!
  • Ronni624
    Ronni624 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am getting married June 24th. Like you, fairycakes85, my dress is a size smaller so I have no choice but to lose the weight. I need to lose another 20 lbs (ideally 25) by then. If anyone wants to add me as a friend for mutual wedding motivation, please do!
  • tabatha_burris
    Options
    Im getting married October 6th and want to lose 20 pounds by then!! I keep losing motivation so ive started putting things around the house to keep me motivated:smile: examples being I bought an "H" its a christmas ornament! Just and H with a ribbon being the H representing my new name which will be Hollingsworth :love: and hung it up in the kitchen so when I go to get food out the cabinet I see it and say no junk!! Putting a picture of a wedding dress not THE wedding dress but a dress on the fridge so its a reminder when I go there. I have also gotten a dry erase board and made out a work out plan so I have a reminder to workout! It sounds a lil much but its helps!!!:happy: but im also hoping for people support from this group having a person ask have you dont your workout seems to make me feel guilty if i didnt so I do!!!!
  • harrietsmama
    Options
    Hello! I'm another June 30th bride! I am not as concerned about how many pounds, I just want to feel healthier and stronger so I can manage the craziness that comes with weddings. This is my second marriage and I want to enjoy it this time!!! I was bridezilla last time and lost so much weight at the end I was exhausted, all from stress. I am about 30 lbs overweight right now. I need encouragement to stay away from sweets - my honey is a twig with a sweet tooth which is challenging. My biggest challenge is meal time going by with out noticing it, then being so hungry I make bad choices.
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    I'm getting married June 23rd, with a few of y'all. I've put back on about 15 pounds since I started dating my fiance (we'll call it "happy weight"), and I'd like to get back down to my original size minus 5-10 more by the wedding. I'd love to have some friends in the same boat :)
  • nrochelle3
    nrochelle3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married June 16th! Seems I'm the only one with that date so far :) I desperately need to lose at least 20 pounds by then. I am also in my last semester of grad school, work full time and in leadership roles in professional organizations. I need some encouragement!!! Feel free to add me!